Jarvis Jones looking for a new school

#1$tunna

Former Carver-Columbus and Southern Cal linebackerJarvis Jones said it's official - he's looking for a new college home.

"Everything happens for a reason," said Jones, who was enjoying a stellar freshman season before injuring his neck against Oregon in Week 8 of the 2009 campaign.

Southern Cal officials expressed concern, however, if Jones should ever play again and released him from his scholarship.

However, after receiving a second and third opinion on his injury, it was determined the 6-foot-3, 230-pounder could in fact continue his career without fear of further damage.

Jones said he has sent his medical clearance to six schools - Georgia, LSU, Florida, Florida State,Clemson and Memphis.

Last year, Jones played in all eight games for the Trojans before his injury collecting 13 tackles, including one for a loss of 1.5 yards.

The former Army All-American said the lessons he learned playing under Carver coach Del McGee has served him well.

"Coach McGee has a great group of guys, all of them are close and they have dreams and they know in order to attain those dreams they need great character because sports can only last for so long and athletes with great character have people who are willing to stick their neck out to help them," Jones said. "That's why our guys are so humble and blessed because they are mindful of the people and the things they are surrounded by."

He's also got high hopes for former teammates Isaiah Crowell and Gabriel Wright, arguable two of the country's top prospects at their perspective positions this year.

"I tried to lead them in a positive way," Jones said. "It has carried over and they become leaders themselves."

Jones was ranked the third best player in the state of Georgia in 2009 when he decided to commit to the Trojans. He was listed in the Rivals100 as the seventy-second best player in the entire country and was ranked as the fourth best weakside defensive end nationally.

He chose USC over Georgia, Florida, Texas and Florida State.

The Bulldogs would love to get Jones back in state. In November 2008, Mark Richt sent a caravan coaches to visit him during the fall evaluation period of his senior year to show the linebacker how much they wanted him.

Jones said at the time, "Six Georgia coaches came down here and they let me know that I was a top priority for them. They told me I was the first guy that they saw and they let me know that they want me to be at Georgia."