Falcons OLD SCHOOL Art!

Supes™

My buddy Gritblitzer turned me on to a website last week that features poster illustrations from the 70's - 80's by some prolific and masterful illustrators, namely a guy named Chuck Ren (now deceased). Here's one he did for the Falcons:

falcons_damac.jpg

Is that sweet, or what?

Here's a link to the website: http://www.illustrat....net/Damac.html

For those who aren't familiar with old school Falcons, that is William Andrews running behind Jeff Van Note and Mike Kenn. All 3 of those jersey numbers have been retired.

For those who aren't familiar with old school Falcons, that is William Andrews running behind Jeff Van Note and Mike Kenn. All 3 of those jersey numbers have been retired.

Thanks. Definitely familiar w/the names, but I have trouble remembering jersey numbers.

Hey Gritz & Superfan

Since you guys liked that old school art, I wanted to share with you two posters I have.

This first poster is the brother to the first picture that you posted Superfan. It's by Damac and they were given away at autoparts stores when you would by sparkplugs back in the mid 80's. I've got one framed and this one had some crinkling in it, so it's in the garage. i believe this is the same poster that two other members spoke of on the first page

DSC03421.jpg

This is a poster by an artist named DAVE BOSS. My father gave me this

DSC03408.jpg

Edited by JKH5785

Most awesome, JKH5785, and thanks for sharing. Gritz and myself are both artist and love this stuff, as you already know!

What's very interesting to me is the style these guys had and as Gritz explained to me, this was before Photoshop was ever heard of. These guys were pure hardcore painters. Well, actually they were 'illustrators'. I never really understood the difference. At any rate, I think Gritz's team poster he did last year is right up there with the best of 'em.

Chuck Ren was especially brilliant. His main love was southwestern & Native American art. Check it out:

http://www.4westerna...m/ChuckRen.html