DBs OK

I hear alot of talk about our DBs....MY take...Robinson is gonna be the Robinson of his rookie year..Grimes came into his own last year and is a ballhawk and will have 6+ picks. Owens will be better with the experience from last year. Coach Mike Smith will be more hands on with the defense and get them pumped up. If we dont have any major injuries ....SUPERBOWL BOUND BABY

I have been really high on Grimes too, but when I go back and look at the 09 tape, man did he get beat a lot.

I hope Williams is back for the start of the season. IMHO he is our #2 CB.

I like Owens in the Nickle for run support, and Grimes to be dime back and sub when DRob and BWill need a break

I believe Owens will be the starter with Grimes playing the nickle.

^^^ I agree

Grimes did look great at the end of the season, but I think that Owens starts because of his ability to support the run, and he is under contract for a year longer than Grimes. With Grimes as the nickel instead of a starter he will be cheaper to resign if they want him back next year.

Edited by alphaville

I remember Grimes getting beat like crazy in the Dallas game, as long as that doesn't happen again, we'll be ok

I've gone back and watched that game recently and i agree, but it wasnt just Grimes getting burnt. It was

our entire secondary. Grimes' biggest problem in that game was tackling those bigger receievers after

the fact. Romo completed 21 of 29 in that game, not all against Grimes.

I blame that defensive failure on coaching and game planning. With all of Dallas' receivers at 6'4"+ it was

stupid to match up with them in the coverage schemes we ran in that particular game. Other games against

taller receievers went much better than that one.

I've gone back and watched that game recently and i agree, but it wasnt just Grimes getting burnt. It was

our entire secondary. Grimes' biggest problem in that game was tackling those bigger receievers after

the fact. Romo completed 21 of 29 in that game, not all against Grimes.

I blame that defensive failure on coaching and game planning. With all of Dallas' receivers at 6'4"+ it was

stupid to match up with them in the coverage schemes we ran in that particular game. Other games against

taller receievers went much better than that one.

Adjusting is key, and the addition of Dunta doesn't hurt either. Decoud has another year of experience as well