Ever had a friend murder someone?

Friend may not be the right word here, but when I moved back to NC from Ga this guy was one of the first people I met. His whole family was wonderful to me. His mom died last year and his dad a little before her. Anyway a while back my brother told me the guy killed a girl. ( I had not seen him him a while)

I thought it was all some terrible thing but I really got the story when I saw my niece tonight, she is a nurse and was working the night it happened. She said my friend had a party at his house and got into a fight with the guy who was with the girl who got killed. She said my friend went inside and came back with a gun and just unloaded on the girl, Said her body was full of holes and I could tell my niece was still shaken by it.She said the girl hardly had any blood left in her from bleeding out in the car she was sitting in.

It's just a weird feeling knowing someone you know just snapped like that and murdered an innocent person./ In a million years from what I knew of the guy would I have ever thought he would do something like that.####ed up world sometimes.

And to think, the terrorists do this every day because of their religion.

... and still people say there's no purpose for the war. I know you didn't start this topic to talk about politics, I just wanted to make a point. People don't seem to be affected much by incidents until something happens to them. For example, if you lived in Atlanta you probably heard about 3 murder stories a night on the news (exaggeration obviously), but it probably didn't bother you too much until your friend murders someone. Then you're affected. Just like the liberals and a lot of the republicans in office want to defend terrorists, because they haven't been directly affected by terrorism. Let's say one of their family members were killed in 9/11, then they would probably be all for the war.

Back on topic, yeah that's messed up. Sorry you had to be somewhat involved with that.

Not had that happen, but I do have two friends from my younger years who were both murdered themselves. One of them was found behind a hotel under a mattress.

The other friend was stabbed to death. I still don't have the whole story on that one, but I think his girlfriend did it. So sad a loss there, this guy could play blues guitar like not too many I've ever seen. He just played w/so much feeling, but was an alkie and had a rough life for all the years I ever knew him. :(

looking back at what I typed,I don't want to discount the word friend. I just mean we didn't hang out. I was a lot closer friend to his brother, who owned a card/comic shop. I always thought well of Felix tho and he was always fun to be around. Just trying to come to grips with what happens in a persons mind and causes life changing/ life ending events.

Since I talked to my niece it has hit me pretty hard even tho it happened late last year.

I never thought that this family that took me in and showed me every kindness would all be just a memory for all intents and purposes. It makes you think, for sure.

Not had that happen, but I do have two friends from my younger years who were both murdered themselves. One of them was found behind a hotel under a mattress.

The other friend was stabbed to death. I still don't have the whole story on that one, but I think his girlfriend did it. So sad a loss there, this guy could play blues guitar like not too many I've ever seen. He just played w/so much feeling, but was an alkie and had a rough life for all the years I ever knew him. :(

I lost a sister to what I will go to my grave believing was a murder. Her husband was " cleaning a gun and it went off" :rolleyes: I was too young then to really understand it all, but as I grew older and wiser I don't see how he is a free man.

Friend may not be the right word here, but when I moved back to NC from Ga this guy was one of the first people I met. His whole family was wonderful to me. His mom died last year and his dad a little before her. Anyway a while back my brother told me the guy killed a girl. ( I had not seen him him a while)

I thought it was all some terrible thing but I really got the story when I saw my niece tonight, she is a nurse and was working the night it happened. She said my friend had a party at his house and got into a fight with the guy who was with the girl who got killed. She said my friend went inside and came back with a gun and just unloaded on the girl, Said her body was full of holes and I could tell my niece was still shaken by it.She said the girl hardly had any blood left in her from bleeding out in the car she was sitting in.

It's just a weird feeling knowing someone you know just snapped like that and murdered an innocent person./ In a million years from what I knew of the guy would I have ever thought he would do something like that.####ed up world sometimes.

first sorry that is tragic. My question is,was there drugs involved? people just don't do S@#T like that

And to think, the terrorists do this every day because of their religion.

... and still people say there's no purpose for the war. I know you didn't start this topic to talk about politics, I just wanted to make a point. People don't seem to be affected much by incidents until something happens to them. For example, if you lived in Atlanta you probably heard about 3 murder stories a night on the news (exaggeration obviously), but it probably didn't bother you too much until your friend murders someone. Then you're affected. Just like the liberals and a lot of the republicans in office want to defend terrorists, because they haven't been directly affected by terrorism. Let's say one of their family members were killed in 9/11, then they would probably be all for the war.

"Defending terrorists"?

The last thing I want any leader of this country doing is running on emotion when it comes to making decisions that impacts the lives of countless people all over the world for years to come.

first sorry that is tragic. My question is,was there drugs involved? people just don't do S@#T like that

I heard he was VERY drunk. But he was often like that but never violent.As long as I knew him, probably about 15+ years, he never did drugs outside of alcohol.I know the mug shot makes him look otherwise, but he was really a nice guy to be around. Usually the type of drunk that would just sit down and go to sleep.

Apparently the victim thought so, too. She and the guy he was fighting was sitting in a car outside and Felix said " wait right here while I go get my gun" And they waited and he did. So even they must have thought he was BSing.

It was not a friend, I was working with this guy, we got along alright. We went to lunch together one time. I was working at this car wash-detail shop. The guy ended up getting fired when he wrecked a truck we were detailing for a dealership and lied about it.

Anyway, the guy always told me about his friends especially this one whose Dad passed away left him like 3 million and he was part of the guys "posse". :P Anyway they did drugs and all, tried to act like mafia like as 5 pasty white guys can. We'll one of them did something and they took him down to Florida and the guy I ate lunch with was the Trigger man under orders from his friend shot the dude in the head. They are ALL in prison now as you can imagine.

As I remember the guy wasn't too smart, also anybody getting 3 million and wanting to pay for his friends to party with him like a gang, talk about a idiot. If I had 3 million, my friends couldn't find my azz, because I would be on a Cruise ship. :P

Always tripped me out though, that I ate with a murderer, but I have have met guys that were in Iraq and told me, ya I shot and killed 2-3 Iraqis, you think nothing of it because its war. ;)

No but my friend got murdered coming home from taking his cousin out to see the town. He got to his nieces apartment knocked on her door his niece woke up he walked back to tell his cousin he can get in the house and boom somebody shot him with a sawed off shotgun a couple times it woke me up. I lived literally next door by the time I got to the door his cousin was yelling and the persons car was speeding off. My friend was laying there dead because they thought he was someone else. Its **** sad....

I was on a job in Richmond with a welder who did almost 20 years for killing his wife. He suspected she was seeing someone and left work early one day and saw a truck in his driveway. He snuck in the back door, caught them in the act and at gunpoint told the guy he could leave. His wife somehow made it outside when Ronnie unloaded his shotgun in her back.

That guy scared everyone on the job and he knew it. He saved up his money when he got out and bought a brand new Corvette that he noticed had a couple of scratches on it when he got it home. When he took the car back up to them they offered to touch them up and Ronnie wanted the whole car repainted. When they of course refused he threatened to go up there later and kill everyone in the dealership. The dealership ended up repainting parts of the car and threw in some goodies to get rid of him.

Edited by daroadrambler

Weird for you to post this, as I woke up today and looked at our local newspaper I see this... My link

We grew up together, and played quite a bit of hockey together before I moved, but we recently have stayed in contact and hung out a couple times.

Not that I'm giving him a pass, but it is slightly more understandable from relatively "sane" people put into the madness of war, that something like that could happen. :mellow: