90%+ of Board Members Never Post, Only Lurk (if that)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is that 99% of the posts aren't worth replying too. When you start a post, you get flamed by the 9yr trolls on the board. Of the 99% it normally breaks down to:

30% vick fans - worthless to reply

40% Matt Ryan enthusiasts - even more worthless

20% this guy sucks/rocks! Crap

9% my team is better than your team, etc.

Rarely do you come across a thread that you feel like adding to it or debating an issue. ****, Madden threads would have more substance than most of these threads.

Well I disagree. I'd honestly say about 50%, but it's all good for the most part and many threads are worthwhile to read if not to post in. You yourself have well over 2,000 post, so you must find something valuable in here. I myself have not only been entertained for hours on end through the years, but have made a few personal friends in 'real life' through my interaction on these boards.

Anyway, even during the '07 meltdown and Vick fiasco, I could always come here for some chuckles and comedic relief!

the 90% are probably other team's fans that are on here the week leading up to the game against us, just to see what we are saying. Losers!

I'd say many of them are, but not 90%. As we're finding out, many good fans just like to lurk a bit, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't visit other teams MB's anymore and never did much, but I registered for some obscure NY Giants boards about 4 years ago and jumped right in talking smack and stuff. They ate me alive!:lol:

To be honest the talk about falcons section has alot of immature and hypersensative posters on here that want to call people names rather than discuss topics unlike the college football section where people act alot more mature and respectful of each others opinions weather they agree or not.

Not necessarily. As this thread has brought to light, there are many lurkers in here that are just and only that,...lurkers. They are good people and true Falcon's fans but for whatever reason, would rather read our BS than post their own! :lol:

I STAND CORRECTED! THIS IS TRUE.

To be honest the talk about falcons section has alot of immature and hypersensative posters on here that want to call people names rather than discuss topics unlike the college football section where people act alot more mature and respectful of each others opinions weather they agree or not.

:P

J/K, ****, I'm gettin' up to Superfan age, but I still like to joke around on here w/the "immature" posters. Gotta remember that fans are fans and they come in all flavors. If they're hypersensitive, then just beat them into submission, and they won't bother you any more... least that's what Octoslash used to say. I miss Octoslash.... :(

Hey, I'm one of the "lurkers" this post is refering to. Alot of the time I only read the posts that have info w/links. Other than that you guys make me laugh all the time. Oh, yeah mark my words.....This year will be the year guys! The falcons will win the SB! I keep telling everybody that and they keep laughing.

Hey, I'm one of the "lurkers" this post is refering to. Alot of the time I only read the posts that have info w/links. Other than that you guys make me laugh all the time. Oh, yeah mark my words.....This year will be the year guys! The falcons will win the SB! I keep telling everybody that and they keep laughing.

BUGS.jpg

yeah i lost all my posts from the transition and then got banned bc apparently one of the select few didnt like my reply so i understand why they lurk.on here everyday tho and own more game used/worn falcons stuff u could imagine but im probably not a great fan bc my post count isnt in the 1000s.;)

I already said, and I repeat,...POST COUNTS DON'T MADDA!-_- And if you've been banned before, don't feel like the Lone Ranger!:ph34r:

Hey wait just a dang minute! :angry::lol:

Wonder what happened to Octo? He was funny as ****!

If he got bandeded, then he's probably still here under another name. I like the kind and gentle way he used to welcome all new members to the boards including me. In fact, I think we need more of it around here, but I'm sure I'm in the minority of that opinion. I believe this is the first thing Octo ever said to me on here:

STFU_NOOB.jpg

R.I.P. Octo :mellow:

Nothing going on here, I was reassigned to South Korea and won't get to go to any games this year or see all of them either. So I need you guys to give a solid report.....

Man, it's too bad the NFL is so stingy about game recording / redistribution. I think it would be a great way to support our troops to be able to record the games and send them to the fans serving overseas. :ph34r:

Serial lurker myself. I work on the computer from home and I bounce in and out of TATF easily 5 times every single day of the week. And have been lurking since 2005. Maybe not as much to say as some others but it is without a doubt the best place to get the most up to date team news in one place thanks atljbo and others for that. Sadly I do miss the game analyst and football minds that broke down the games or gave us great discussion threads. Seems like we replaced those guys with the harden supporters and detractors that want to make you believe there cause but instead of fact and information they name call and make fun of others. Still really enjoy the team first folks call'em cheer leaders or homers if you want but thats how I like them so heres to Tandy, Superfan artist extrodinair and Gritz! I am sure theres a ton more I forgot to mention that have made this site great thru the years.

Edited by Tazz77