Serious question to black males

Rambler

Please dont make this out to be a racist topic because I will quickly delete it if it offends anyone. Why dont black males like rock and roll? I have noticed that whites and other cultures will listen to many types of music but black males tend to listen to only typically black music. Even if rock song hits the top of the charts a black male wont give the song the time of day. Do black males look at what color the artist is before determining whether he will listen to it or not? Maybe its just me, I am willing to be educated here. And please do not make this out to be a racist post.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just depends on what type of rock we're talking about.

all that old U2, Rolling Stones, etc. gets old yet it still gets play like it's the best thing ever. I know classics are classics, but can we move on please?

I like some rock though. I like that "Need Somebody" song. It's kinda hot.

Please dont make this out to be a racist topic because I will quickly delete it if it offends anyone. Why dont black males like rock and roll? I have noticed that whites and other cultures will listen to many types of music but black males tend to listen to only typically black music. Even if rock song hits the top of the charts a black male wont give the song the time of day. Do black males look at what color the artist is before determining whether he will listen to it or not? Maybe its just me, I am willing to be educated here. And please do not make this out to be a racist post.

Sean Witherspoon's favorite band is Van Halen

I have a black friend who listens to mostly rock music and hates rap/hip hop... I am white and i listen to mostly rap hip hop... again color of your skin doesn't make who you are or what you do.

/end thread

Yeah. I got a black friend thats in a rock band. I'm brown(Indian) and I listen to mostly hip hop. Some rock(not heavy metal and crazy screaming), alternative, soft rock...

Man am I learning alot here. Here`s one more little question before I concede. Alot of blacks spend alot of money on "booming systems" for their car and dont mind "sharing" their music with you at a stop light. When was the last time you pulled up to a group of blacks in a car booming "Led Zeppelin". LOL

Good question. When was the last time you pulled up to a group of whites booming Wagner from their sound systems.

If you're alone and black and you did that, trust me, it's the LAST time you pulled up to a group of whites booming Wagner from their sound systems.

Good question. When was the last time you pulled up to a group of whites booming Wagner from their sound systems.

If you're alone and black and you did that, trust me, it's the LAST time you pulled up to a group of whites booming Wagner from their sound systems.

I dont know who "wagner" is, but I have pulled next to many a white guy playing rap. Am I lying?