It has been a while but who thinks:

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Selig reverse the call?

Selig should reverse the blown perfect game call?

I believe he should but he has decided he will not.

For those that say that if he does it for him, he has to do it for all close calls: no, he doesn't. This isn't a game changing moment at all but is still a history changing moment. It would make the life of the ump much better because he is getting bashed right now, and Glaraga deserves the perfect game. Give him the out and move on.

Someone mentioned the idea of replaying the entire at bat, which isn't a bad idea. In that situation, if I were the hitter, I would just sit there and let him lob it down the middle and take the strikeout. Or I'd bunt and just stand there while they get the out.

I KNOW that they should.

but

I KNEW that they wouldn't.

It was an easy fix without serious implications for the future as it relates to running the game of baseball. And MLB blew it, IMO. Maybe MLB and the NCAA are, in fact, the same organization.

I KNOW that they should.

but

I KNEW that they wouldn't.

It was an easy fix without serious implications for the future as it relates to running the game of baseball. And MLB blew it, IMO. Maybe MLB and the NCAA are, in fact, the same organization.

I am SOOOO with you on this. Both MLB and the NCAA have been faced with numerous "no brainer" decisions in the past and they always seem to make the wrong calls.

When Bud Selig retires, I'm going to party. When he dies, I'm going to Vegas.

Another supporting argument for having instant replay available for close decisions on the basepaths...

Umpires are really good at what they do in general, but it's foolish to fail and take advantage of superior technology when it can help get the right decisions.

But I don't expect to see anything of substance happen with Selig there. He's an impotent puppet and the game will be better off when he retires.

They can't, it wouild go against all the of baseball to change that just for that one call. I heard the ex-baseball commisioner and they said, this is one of those times when they think HARD about instant replay. ITS TIME. ;)

If they had instant replay they could reverse the call, but he said they have a problem with instant replay because the people that mainly wanted instant replay when he was the commisoner, were people from Vegas, te gamblers wanted them to make the right calls. I don't gamble to me it RUINS a game, just like in football if they don't get the call right. ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

No. They shouldn't, they just need to have this black eye and hopefully learn from it and install instant replay. I realize that if they did change it, it wouldn't really have affected the outcome of the game, as the next batter was out at first, but you can't set that precedent.