What's up with Trey Lewis? 6' 3", 323.

sharky

He doesn't really fit the one-gap scheme we seem to like so much. I really liked him rookie year, but he just doesn't fit this system. I'll be surprised if he makes the roster.

That's a shame b/c he's a big body, kinda reminds me of "Big Grady".

Sharky don't look but it is the off season nobody

is getting any playing time!

He also is a year further along in getting that knee

healed up. If he does turn out to be the odd man out

somebody will get a good one.

I flat out like him and think he should be in the rotation.

That's a shame b/c he's a big body, kinda reminds me of "Big Grady".

Yeah. Notice how Grady leaves the team, after getting loads of play time, and we don't get a fatty to replace him. I'd bet Zimmer will pick him up. Our D improved immediately once we put in Trey back in 07.

Sharky don't look but it is the off season nobody

is getting any playing time!

He also is a year further along in getting that knee

healed up. If he does turn out to be the odd man out

somebody will get a good one.

I flat out like him and think he should be in the rotation.

I'm pretty sure the first sentence was nothing but sarcasm, but at least we both like him. Hope he stay around we will that big body a lot of days.

Don't forget, he had not one but two injuries to that knee. I figured after the second tear that he'd take some time to come back.

This year will tell whether or not he'll ever be a bonified player in this league.

I hope he make it, that's an instant two man attraction.

Guest Gritz

I think Trey's future on this team depends on what the immediate future is for both Jerry and Babs. If Jerry's recovery drags into the late summer/early fall....and/or Babs does get a suspension handed down from Goodell then Trey's chances of sticking go dramatically up.

I think Trey's future on this team depends on what the immediate future is for both Jerry and Babs. If Jerry's recovery drags into the late summer/early fall....and/or Babs does get a suspension handed down from Goodell then Trey's chances of sticking go dramatically up.

Sounds about right.

Reinjuring the ACL in May for something that takes a year to heal certainly slowed him down. Too much to gamble so I believe this is why the Falcons have Bab's, Jerry, and the main reason why they drafter Peters. If they get healthy then that's some pretty good depth and critical positions. That supports the game won in the trenches mentality.

On a different note, I'm 6'3 215lb but it's been too long since I played receiver. ;)

Trey looked awful when I noticed him last year.

I absolutely agree. I thought he looked terrible last year. I don't know if it was injury related, but if he does not improve his performance, I think he will be gone sooner rather than later.

Trey Lewis will get his shot if he can work his way through TC. Babs is probably looking a short suspension and it is very likely that Jerry won't be 100% until maybe mid-season at the best. Peters was brought in, but I don't think we are going to throw him into the fire so early.

The battle is between Trey Lewis, Vance Walker, and Thomas Johnson. I think we are going to need at least two of these guys especially at the start of the season.

If anything, Trey can serve as a reminder that knee injuries can take years to properly recover from for many athletes.

It may foreshadow Jerry's return to the field...but I'm hoping he bounces back quicker than Lewis did.

And heres to hoping that Lewis worked his tail off again this offseason, and is back into full football shape like he was prior to his injury.

I'm 6'3 220. Played WR and S in high school.

You think maybe I could beat out Jenkins or Coleman? I can probably run at least a 4.6.

I'm jus askin bro.

I'm convinced that many people on this board think all you need to play in this league is size, speed, good NCAA YouTube tapes or a few media hype articles.

Trey was hurt last year. He was where Peria will likely be this year. If Peria is not ready, Babineaux gets a suspension or Busterson's not granted a DT draft pass, he may have a chance. T.J., Peters and Vance might give him a run for his money though.

Trey should be back to form this yr. He should be stronger and faster in his upper body and in his lower body than last yr. And if this is so then he'll be goal line DT against the run as well as on 3rd and inches D plays. There's times you need penetrating DT and there's plays you need those big guys in the middle, like JA98 Peters Lewis Davis .

Going into the season i was a fan of Trey, but he just was not very good. IMO, he is like a tweener UT/NT. He has the size of a NT, but he doesn't play like a NT. I think Peters,Vance, and Johnson are all better players.

But you never know he could have just been workin the rust out. I don't know what his knee felt like, but i know he was not impressive at all.

6 ft. 160 lbs. soaking wet. B)

Ditto... And it took me a couple of years pounding weight gainer shakes and working out every day to get there from 145. I guess that means Trey weighs more than you and I combined. I'm glad I don't have to block him.

This is really creepy....Im this tall -I weigh this much, sounds like video vixens comparing measurements. On a side not :D Im 6'4 220 so clearly im ready to be our #2 receiver :unsure: . A guy's size means nothing if he doesnt have the will and heart to be great. Tony mandrich comes to mind.

Trey did look shakey last year but i believe him and Vance Walker will step up this year.

He lost that burst. Those injuries in his ROOKIE year and but early set him back a long ways. Injuries to the lower extremities and that weight don't mix...EVER.

I am pretty sure Knight called it awhile ago. Someone did. He may be 100% now, and totally improve, but he really played best as a 2 gap tackle.