Falcons Fans --- Directv

Funny you should bring this up. I just got off the phone with DTV about 30 minutes ago cancelling NFL Ticket. This will be my first year without it. It served me well but I found that I was only watching a couple games the last two years, so I'm gonna put that $300 in the bank. Dude offered me discounts to stay on and told me about the inclusion of Superfan, but I don't even want to pay $200 to watch two games.

Nice! I looked at my bill last year and I paid $280 for the Ticket and $100 for Superfan. So its $66 cheaper if it stays $314. They're advertising Sunday Ticket To Go along with it and not Superfan so maybe you're right about it being included this year B)

it even says on Directv website right now... They don't even have NFL Superfan package anymore. It's called Ticket-to-go (for Smartphone and Internet users only)

HaHA i just got off the phone with DirectTv. Since i am in new england they don't even have a deal going on for the Nfl ticket yet. I told them i would call back later on in July when they are offering discounts on the ticket... Any suggestions on what i should ask for???

HaHA i just got off the phone with DirectTv. Since i am in new england they don't even have a deal going on for the Nfl ticket yet. I told them i would call back later on in July when they are offering discounts on the ticket... Any suggestions on what i should ask for???

I'd say it's too early to ask for anything..

The only way to get good deal such as $20 credit for 6 months.. Say that you don't want to renew NFL Sunday Ticket and they would forward you to retention dept. Customer Service guys can't do a **** on Directv.

Funny you should bring this up. I just got off the phone with DTV about 30 minutes ago cancelling NFL Ticket. This will be my first year without it. It served me well but I found that I was only watching a couple games the last two years, so I'm gonna put that $300 in the bank. Dude offered me discounts to stay on and told me about the inclusion of Superfan, but I don't even want to pay $200 to watch two games.

Not trying to put you on a spot, but help me understand your post. Assuming you're a

STH and attend all home games and all away games are televised on local TV where

you reside, why did you ever agree to subscribe? I've doled out the 280.00 for the

last 4yrs and you bet I watch every game.

From the Direct TV website:

New for 2010! SuperFan features now included at no extra charge.

Every NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ game in HD

You no longer need to add SuperFan to get every game every Sunday in crystal-clear HD*. It's now included with NFL SUNDAY TICKET™. See every bead of sweat. Feel every bone-crunching hit. Hear the crowd like you're right there on the sidelines. Experience it all like never before in HD.

link

Cool!!! Just got direct tv and the girl said I would need to call back next month for superfan! Guess I won't have to do that! Finally I will be able to watch all the Falcons games here in San Diego, instead of being blanketed by the frigging Chargers!!!

GO FALCONS!!!

WOW! Just was looking on the Direct TV website and they have a remote with your favorite teams logo on it!!! I have got to get one!!! $21.95!

link

Scroll down the page and click on "Atlanta Falcons" to see what it looks like!

GO FALCONS!!!

Just ordered mine!!! Yeah, I know I'm a diehard fan!!!

WOW! Just was looking on the Direct TV website and they have a remote with your favorite teams logo on it!!! I have got to get one!!! $21.95!

link

GO FALCONS!!!

I got one last year. Its sweet! Its an RF remote so you don't have to point it directly at the receiver for it to pick it up. And its cheaper than the regular white RF remote B)

link

GO FALCONS!!!

i got one last year as well.. it was awesome until it broke... BUT they did give me a new one for free...

i know that story kept you on the edge of your seats..

you can relax now

the end

I pretty much have no choice. Not going to see many falcons games in Utah without it.

Tried finding online streams but never really had any luck with it.

And to answer the NFL.com question, they won't let you buy a streaming video package from them if you are in the U.S. of A. At least that is how it used to be. I used to listen via streaming radio, but hard to appreciate a football game via radio.

can't get DirectTV in the new apartment....so I guess it's back to the Bar for games.

always a good time anyways

I'm with you, I'd kill to get it, but there's no where to put a dish, and my complex has a deal with ComCast. I wish Arlen Specter was successful at trying to kill their exclusivity with DirectTV. I wish they had a pay-per-view or something. I'd pay $20 to watch a game at home. I end up spending $60 on beer and food at the sports bar anyway.

I'm with you, I'd kill to get it, but there's no where to put a dish, and my complex has a deal with ComCast. I wish Arlen Specter was successful at trying to kill their exclusivity with DirectTV. I wish they had a pay-per-view or something. I'd pay $20 to watch a game at home. I end up spending $60 on beer and food at the sports bar anyway.

Actually, If you can't Directv then they have "NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go 2010". it means you can watch the game on computer or smart phone.

I'm not sure how much they would be charging but something to keep an eyes on.

Edited by falcon_owns_nfc_south

IMPORTANT RENEWAL NOTICE: You are all set to enjoy another exciting year of NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ and NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go (replacing SuperFan) only available on DIRECTV. We are renewing you at the lowest prices for NFL SUNDAY TICKET at 6 payments of $49.99/month and NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go service at 5 payments of $9.99/month. Look for the first charge to appear on an upcoming bill.

Of course, I'll remove TICKET TO-GO

I called about two months ago. I basically complained about the price, told them all of my friends and local bars had sunday ticket. I also explained that I loved Sunday ticket but it was getting too expensive. So they gave me everything for 7 payments of $24.95. I have also had Sunday Ticket since 2005 so I am sure that helps a little, but you never know what you can get away with. I have heard people calling them and them just lowering the price. I had to call and what I thought was the just threaten to cancel, and that person wouldnt hook me up. 15 minutes later I called back and found the right guy I guess, and explained the entire situation over and that is when I got that price. Anyways, it never hurts to try it. **** the give new people the Sunday ticket with their best package all for $59.99 a month, so why shouldnt they hook up their loyal customers.