Dawg fans Post Memorial Day Information Download..

SacFalcFan

LOL. Well a lot has happened the past month or so and here is some info i can pass along.

I am just mixing recruiting and other info below:

As what was announced today we will go into the season without a new Uga. We will have the undefeated Russ filling in, the half brother of Uga. They have to wait til the new pups are old enough, but until then let's see if Russ can keep his unbeaten streak.

The basketball team had another transfer today with Ebuka leaving. He just didn't see an opportunity to play even though he showed a lot of promise. I was hoping he would stay another year, but with Thornton coming in and with leslie staying I don't think Ebuka saw an opportunity in Athens which stinks, but it is what it is.

Zach Mettenberger is going to go to the Kansas - Butler JUCO for this year. I do expect him back into the SEC for 2011. He does not have any transfer limitations.

Remember when Dexter Moody said he didn't want to to go uga anyways well he was just throwing a tantrum. LOL Well he wants to come to UGA. He says he is waiting on our offer and he wants to be a dawg bad. No telling what the interest level is on our side, but he says he has learned his lesson.

Jarvis Jones has been released from USC. He had a neck injury and usc doctors won't release him to play. JJ has however gotten 3rd party doctors to clear him so he is interested in still playing ball. He has interest in a few teams including UGA (don't believe the article today if you have read it), but I don't know about the health aspect of it. USC doctors have done this to another player poston and he went to Utah and he is fine. So you never know. I hope whatever he does he stays healthy (this is a good example of why you stay instate)

Phil Steele has said this on more than one occassion he thinks UGA has a chance to go undefeated through the regular season. He has us ranked #19, but he sees what many see which is 10 starters returning on offense (#1 offensive line in the country), a defense that will be improved (can it get worse), a very strong special teams, and a few favorable schedule for us. There is no way we can get worse in our turnover ratio or penalties. There is one way to go in both those areas. Aaron Murray only has to protect the ball and not throw 17 ints like joe cox did. Joe Cox had 24 tds, but he hurt us in that other area. We won 7 games last year against a tougher schedule with a horrible defense and one of the worst penalty and turnover ratios in the country. The key to this upcoming season will be the south carolina/arkansas games. If we win those we could be in for a big year.

Regarding commitments we have 9 total right now public. We have 8 of the top 30 instate and 1 of the best qbs in the country. We have witchett going public on June 4th that will give us 9 total in the top 30 in Georgia. There is a rumor we will get a 2nd commit this weekend, but it's not from any legit source I know so take it with a grain of salt (doesn't mean it's false, but that I can't verify it).

Next weekend is our first camp (June 12th) and while it will be a big camp for 2012 kids i expect a few more offers to go out and possibly get a few more commits. Chris Milton is one player that i think gets a UGA offer and if he does we are in great shape for him. There is another player in Kyle Harris who might earn an offer or Hunter Long. We will offer another interior lineman IMO. We also have some big and recent offer guys coming in such as Zach Debell who is one of the best finishers I have seen. I love his video and he finishes off blocks like no other. We will have a number of out of state guys in for this coming camp as well as the last camp in June. I hope Brandon Shell makes it up, we are in great shape for him. Xavier Ward, another offensive tackle, came up and spent 2 days in Athens.

LOL. Well a lot has happened the past month or so and here is some info i can pass along.

I am just mixing recruiting and other info below:

As what was announced today we will go into the season without a new Uga. We will have the undefeated Russ filling in, the half brother of Uga. They have to wait til the new pups are old enough, but until then let's see if Russ can keep his unbeaten streak.

The basketball team had another transfer today with Ebuka leaving. He just didn't see an opportunity to play even though he showed a lot of promise. I was hoping he would stay another year, but with Thornton coming in and with leslie staying I don't think Ebuka saw an opportunity in Athens which stinks, but it is what it is.

Zach Mettenberger is going to go to the Kansas - Butler JUCO for this year. I do expect him back into the SEC for 2011. He does not have any transfer limitations.

Remember when Dexter Moody said he didn't want to to go uga anyways well he was just throwing a tantrum. LOL Well he wants to come to UGA. He says he is waiting on our offer and he wants to be a dawg bad. No telling what the interest level is on our side, but he says he has learned his lesson.

Jarvis Jones has been released from USC. He had a neck injury and usc doctors won't release him to play. JJ has however gotten 3rd party doctors to clear him so he is interested in still playing ball. He has interest in a few teams including UGA (don't believe the article today if you have read it), but I don't know about the health aspect of it. USC doctors have done this to another player poston and he went to Utah and he is fine. So you never know. I hope whatever he does he stays healthy (this is a good example of why you stay instate)

Phil Steele has said this on more than one occassion he thinks UGA has a chance to go undefeated through the regular season. He has us ranked #19, but he sees what many see which is 10 starters returning on offense (#1 offensive line in the country), a defense that will be improved (can it get worse), a very strong special teams, and a few favorable schedule for us. There is no way we can get worse in our turnover ratio or penalties. There is one way to go in both those areas. Aaron Murray only has to protect the ball and not throw 17 ints like joe cox did. Joe Cox had 24 tds, but he hurt us in that other area. We won 7 games last year against a tougher schedule with a horrible defense and one of the worst penalty and turnover ratios in the country. The key to this upcoming season will be the south carolina/arkansas games. If we win those we could be in for a big year.

Regarding commitments we have 9 total right now public. We have 8 of the top 30 instate and 1 of the best qbs in the country. We have witchett going public on June 4th that will give us 9 total in the top 30 in Georgia. There is a rumor we will get a 2nd commit this weekend, but it's not from any legit source I know so take it with a grain of salt (doesn't mean it's false, but that I can't verify it).

Next weekend is our first camp (June 12th) and while it will be a big camp for 2012 kids i expect a few more offers to go out and possibly get a few more commits. Chris Milton is one player that i think gets a UGA offer and if he does we are in great shape for him. There is another player in Kyle Harris who might earn an offer or Hunter Long. We will offer another interior lineman IMO. We also have some big and recent offer guys coming in such as Zach Debell who is one of the best finishers I have seen. I love his video and he finishes off blocks like no other. We will have a number of out of state guys in for this coming camp as well as the last camp in June. I hope Brandon Shell makes it up, we are in great shape for him. Xavier Ward, another offensive tackle, came up and spent 2 days in Athens.

I'm confused...the article I read had a direct quote. Was it made up?

BTW Sac. The FSU boards have an insider at Carver...he said Jones is 100% nole.

I normally don't trust these guys but this is the same guy who said Crowell would be listing us a couple days before it happened. Dude is legit.

Edited by Cody #53

I'm confused...the article I read had a direct quote. Was it made up?

there is a lot more going on in the background cody on jarvis jones (we were told about him being released from usc over 3 weeks ago, but it just happened). we have our guys who are insiders at carver as well who say he is no lock to anyone right now. also because he doesn't mention a school doesn't mean there is no interest from both parties (which was what i meant).. i am not saying he doesn't go to fsu, but at this point he isn't a 100% from what we have been told.. not saying you are wrong, but that we have different info.

there is a lot more going on in the background cody on jarvis jones (we were told about him being released from usc over 3 weeks ago, but it just happened). we have our guys who are insiders at carver as well who say he is no lock to anyone right now. also because he doesn't mention a school doesn't mean there is no interest from both parties (which was what i meant).. i am not saying he doesn't go to fsu, but at this point he isn't a 100% from what we have been told.. not saying you are wrong, but that we have different info.

Yeah theres gonna be a slew of diffrent stuff flying around. No one will truely know till he announces it.

Yeah theres gonna be a slew of diffrent stuff flying around. No one will truely know till he announces it.

yep.. someone who knows the situation said he has spinal stenosis which is the narrowing of the spinal column and one bad hit and he cuold be paralyzed for life. now it was out that he had a neck injury before that was an issue, but i don't know if this is correct or not.

yep.. it's going to be interesting to see whoever does get him and what happens with his health situation.

Agreed. I'm actually not really too excited. I mean the kid is a playmaker. But with the new talent of Telvin, C.J and Jeff and the 2011 guys like Steward and Smith. Linebacker is probably the least of my worries.

Agreed. I'm actually not really too excited. I mean the kid is a playmaker. But with the new talent of Telvin, C.J and Jeff and the 2011 guys like Steward and Smith. Linebacker is probably the least of my worries.

hey i updated my post with some new info that we heard from someone over there about his condition. i am more concerned about his health rather than getting him in athens if what we are reading is true.

hey i updated my post with some new info that we heard from someone over there about his condition. i am more concerned about his health rather than getting him in athens if what we are reading is true.

If Kiffin won't clear a player, this has to be a serious issue. He doesn't strike me as the type who is overly concerned with a players safety or future in mind.

If Kiffin won't clear a player, this has to be a serious issue. He doesn't strike me as the type who is overly concerned with a players safety or future in mind.

an update on jarvis:

Jarvis has officially been released from USC and lists Georgia, LSU, Florida, Florida State, Memphis and Clemson as the schools to which he has submitted his doctor's clearance.

He missed the last five of Southern Cal's game with a neck injury. He has cleared by two doctors to play. His situation is less risky than Lowndes safety Tyler Hunter' situation since Jones' injury was to a lower vertebrae. Hunter has been cleared to play as well.

some info from chip towers:

1. Former Carver-Columbus star Jarvis Jones has come home. Where he’ll continue his football career is now the big question. The 2008 AJC Super 11 linebacker has secured a scholarship release from Southern Cal and intends to transfer, Carver-Columbus coach Dell McGee confirmed Thursdsay morning. Where that will be and when is unclear at this point. . . . Jones was having a banner freshman season for the Trojans before neck injury against Oregon in the eighth game sidelined him for the rest of the year. There apparently is some debate about whether Jones should continue his career. Speaking to reporters in late March, new USC coach Lane Kiffin said of Jones: “I’m not very positive about the possibilities of him playing here. I don’t know how to describe it from a medical perspective. There’s a serious concern that hits or a number of hits could lead to permanent damage.” But McGee made it clear that Jones does indeed intend to continue playing football. “I can’t really talk about anything until everything’s official,” McGee said Thursday morning. “He’s still got to get paperwork to his schools of interest.” And what are those schools of interest? “I can’t say that right now,” McGee said. Jones will have three years of eligibility remaining.

2. To refresh your memory, Jones (6-foot-3, 230 pounds) was a very highly-regarded prospect who starred for Carver and helped it win a state championship in 2007. A two-time Class AAA defensive player of the year — he had 157 tackles and 10 sacks as a senior — he chose the Trojans over Georgia, Florida, LSU and Texas in a long and intense recruitment. In fact, Georgia coach Mark Richt spent six hours with Jones a week before national signing day in 2009. McGee would not say if those four finalists now move to the forefront for Jones. But whoever gets him, there is a possibility Jones could be immediately eligible, McGee said. Asked if Jones would be sitting out a year, as NCAA rules stipulate in a standard Division 1 transfer, McGee said: “Not necessarily. He could possibly play this year. We don’t know what the stipulations will be.” . . . Jones, by the way, is at least the second former Carver-Columbus player off the 2007 state championship team to change colleges. Former Carver quarterback DeRon DeFurr – who was Class offensive player of the year in 2007 — left Auburn, where he had been moved to safety, for Memphis, where he is now a 6-3, 225-pound linebacker.

3. UGA-bound quarterback Christian LeMay of Matthews, N.C., is gearing up for a very busy summer. The 6-foot-3, 200-pound athlete will attend the Bulldogs’ first major camp on June 12 in Athens (along with younger brother, WR Uriah LeMay), compete in the Nike 7-on-7 national championships in Oregon, then head out to West again in late July to participate in the Elite 11 Quarterback Camp in Mission Viejo, Calif. LeMay’s team, the defending Class 4A champion Butler Bulldogs, were recently ranked the No. 2 team in the country for the 2010 season.

4. Speaking of LeMay, one of his buddies, WR Charone Peake (6-4 194) of Dorman High in Spartanburg, S.C., is expected to cut down his extensive list of offers to five by the end of next week. “That’s what I’m guessing,” coach Dave Gutshall told PalmettoSports.com. “His top three in no order are Clemson, Georgia and Florida. I think those are the three that are the top runners. And I think he’ll consider a couple away from here like Notre Dame and Southern Cal. They have recruited him hard.” Peake is one of the Bulldogs’ — and LeMay’s — main targets for 2011.

5. Another primary target for the Bulldogs is OT Xzavier Ward (6-7, 260) of Colquitt County. He dropped in on the Bulldogs Tuesday and spent a lot of time with offensive line coach Stacy Searels (Richt was in Destin for the SEC spring meetings). “He said they have a need for left tackle and that I could fill that need,” Ward said of Searels. “I like it up there.” Ward said he’s not in a hurry to make a decision. He hopes to whittle down his dozen-plus offers to five by the beginning of the football season, take official visits, then make a move sometime after that. In addition to the Bulldogs, he said he likes Alabama, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Louisville and Tennessee.

6. Tackles are a big priority for Georgia in 2011. The Bulldogs have also offered Dalton’s Watts Dantzler; Brandon Shell of Goose Creek, S.C.; Antonio Richardson of Nashville, Tenn.; and, earlier this week, Zach DeBell of Tarpon Springs, Fla. A couple of leftovers from the story I did on DeBell, who received an offer from UGA this week. One, he said he plans to make a decision sometime before the end of the senior season. Two, he would like for recruiters to be aware of his teammate, running back Darius Daniels. “I’m telling people, he’s a fantastic player. He runs 4.3 40, has great moves, is strong.” He’s also small (5-8, 160). But he ran for 1,050 yards and 11 TDs behind the DeBell-led line.

7. Brandon Reed, 6-3, 180-pound point guard seeking to transfer from Arkansas State, visited Georgia Tech overnight Tuesday, according to GoJackets.com. The Atlanta native (Whitefield Academy) visited Clemson on Wednesday and is scheduled to take a trip to Tennessee over the weekend. Word is Reed plans to make a decision between those three by Tuesday. Reed lit it up at as freshman at Arkansas State, averaging 15.1 ppg. It’s no wonder coach John Brady doesn’t want to release him from his scholarship. However, Reed said he’s prepared to sit out a year if he needs to. So it may be a moot point.

8. You probably saw where Georgia defensive end signee Jalen Fields of Dalton did not meet NCAA freshman eligibility requirements. Well, Marty Kirkland of the Dalton Citizen wrote a nice piece on Fields that illustrates the anguish these kids feel as they try to meet expectations. Said Fields to Kirkland: “As a person, it hurt me because I was the first to commit and I’ll be the last one to be there. I know a whole bunch of other kids across the country are going to junior colleges and going the same route as I did, but I felt kind of embarrassed about myself and ashamed. But I know I’ll get an education and still have an opportunity.” Fields plans to attend Georgia Military College.

9. One question regarding Georgia’s 2011 recruiting class is if the Bulldogs will sign a kicker. A prospect to keep an eye on Matt Ehasz of Camden County High. The 5-11 155-pound rising senior reportedly was very impressive at a recent UGA kicking camp. He’s scheduled camp at South Carolina on June 12 and is expected to make a decision soon after that. He currently does not have any firm offers but also is considering North Carolina and Wake Forest. So whomever offers first could be the winner in this battle.

10. THIS & THAT: Georgia Tech offered DE Roderick Byers (6-3, 262) of Rock Hill, S.C., during the recently-completed evaluation period, according to PalmettoSports.com. He’s also holding offers from Maryland, South Carolina, Texas Tech and Wake Forest. . . . Ohio’s Braxton Miller, one of the top-ranked quarterback prospects in the country and one who holds an offer from UGA, will announce his college choice at a noon press conference today. M0st expect it will be Ohio State. . . .

The Ogletree twins — Alec and Zander — got a lot of credit for Newnan’s good fortunes the last couple of seasons. But anyone who saw the Cougars play knew that linebacker Adam Strakose was another big reason Newnan had such a ferocious defense. After recently graduating with honors, Strakose this week accepted a scholarship offer from West Georgia College. . . . Thomas County Central DE Ray Drew got offer number 26 from University of Miami. Drew is now the top prospect in Georgia per new the Rivals.com and ESPNU 150 rankings. . . . New Under Armour All-America additions this week are Ryan Kelly, an offensive lineman from West Chester, Ohio; and Denzel Williams, an defensive back from Arlington, Texas. . . .

Georgia may have another resident participating on “The Ride” after all. Landmark Christian’s Carson Barnett turned down the opportunity to be on the televised reality series/quarterback competition. But Collins Hill’s Taylor Heinicke, who went toe-to-toe with Barnett at the Atlanta FBU camp back in April, may end up filling the spot. He’s being considered, according to FBU’s Erik Richards. Lassiter quarterback Hutson Mason competed on the show for under-the-radar quarterback prospects last year. He’s now on scholarship at UGA.

an update on jarvis:

Jarvis has officially been released from USC and lists Georgia, LSU, Florida, Florida State, Memphis and Clemson as the schools to which he has submitted his doctor's clearance.

He missed the last five of Southern Cal's game with a neck injury. He has cleared by two doctors to play. His situation is less risky than Lowndes safety Tyler Hunter' situation since Jones' injury was to a lower vertebrae. Hunter has been cleared to play as well.

I don't like it period. If USC wants there hands off, thats good enough for me. We certainly don't need him coming here and then getting injured and having that circus that will certainly follow end up in Athens. Its to big of a risk and I think Jarvis needs to be very cautious and focus on getting his education and rather than putting all his hopes in a NFL future. NFL money is great but he doesn't need to jeopardize his health for it, its not worth it. Sure USC may just be playing it extra cautious, but they had to see something to let him walk.

I don't like it period. If USC wants there hands off, thats good enough for me. We certainly don't need him coming here and then getting injured and having that circus that will certainly follow end up in Athens. Its to big of a risk and I think Jarvis needs to be very cautious and focus on getting his education and rather than putting all his hopes in a NFL future. NFL money is great but he doesn't need to jeopardize his health for it, its not worth it. Sure USC may just be playing it extra cautious, but they had to see something to let him walk.

it's not a risk to uga imo.. it's no risk huge reward type situation.. if the dawg doctors agree with both doctors who cleared him and his situation is better than hunter I don't see a big issue with uga accepting his commitment if he does indeed give it in the end (not saying he will, just if he did). Even if at worst his situation turns out where he can't play at georgia after he gets on campus then we do a medical hardship and he still finishes his degree up. The best case is he is able to play and he doesn't have to sit out a year (btw we don't know yet, but mcgee believes jarvis won't have to sit out) and can play right away then he would be a big addition to our linebacking unit. regarding the possibility of injury if he is cleared to play i don't see the issue..

it's not a risk to uga imo.. it's no risk huge reward type situation.. if the dawg doctors agree with both doctors who cleared him and his situation is better than hunter I don't see a big issue with uga accepting his commitment if he does indeed give it in the end (not saying he will, just if he did). Even if at worst his situation turns out where he can't play at georgia after he gets on campus then we do a medical hardship and he still finishes his degree up. The best case is he is able to play and he doesn't have to sit out a year (btw we don't know yet, but mcgee believes jarvis won't have to sit out) and can play right away then he would be a big addition to our linebacking unit. regarding the possibility of injury if he is cleared to play i don't see the issue..

My concern is, he gets hurt, and its bad, then the whole country is looking at the UGA program negatively because USC released him because they didn't feel he was fit to play football and then we picked him up and put him on the field. To me its not worth it. I realize he may play and be a star, he may go into the NFL and be a star there, but its still not worth the risk to me. Just my opinion.

Getting Jones would be a great addition to UGA LBs corp. But a neck injury is very serious. I think we should offer him if our team doctor clear him.

According to reports hes been cleared by multiple doctors. From a talent perspective, he'd be a major addition and as long hes healthy he'd likely play this year and be a potential impact player.

My concern is, he gets hurt, and its bad, then the whole country is looking at the UGA program negatively because USC released him because they didn't feel he was fit to play football and then we picked him up and put him on the field. To me its not worth it. I realize he may play and be a star, he may go into the NFL and be a star there, but its still not worth the risk to me. Just my opinion.

yeah i understand your opinion and viewpoint, but for me I could less if there is any negative backlash. there is always a risk in this type of situation that's why you have doctors who will evaluate him.. what if hunter gets hurts for fsu? he was told not to play again and then they cleared him. jarvis jones is talented enough that if the uga doctors feel he is able to play and cmr is given that info I don't see any issues. the first team mcgee and jarvis called after hearing that he would be released was UGA (mcgee's words) and jarvis will be in athens this week. Jarvis doesn't want all the attention like he got the last time, he doesn't want to take it away from the current recruits and just doesn't want to deal with it.. even the interview on ugasports had 2 comments and the rest was their commentary and old comments when he was being recruited the last time. jarvis said he has interest in 3 schools uga, clemson, and fsu. don't expect a bunch of updates.. i can see very little coming out and then an announcement.

According to reports hes been cleared by multiple doctors. From a talent perspective, he'd be a major addition and as long hes healthy he'd likely play this year and be a potential impact player.

yep he has been cleared by 2 doctors and that info was sent to 6 teams and it will be up to those team doctors on if they will clear him or not.. i am sure they are going to do their own evaluation of him. oh yeah he is very very talented and best yet physically older and has plenty of experience playing last year. if it works out he would be a big addition to our defense.

yeah i understand your opinion and viewpoint, but for me I could less if there is any negative backlash. there is always a risk in this type of situation that's why you have doctors who will evaluate him.. what if hunter gets hurts for fsu? he was told not to play again and then they cleared him. jarvis jones is talented enough that if the uga doctors feel he is able to play and cmr is given that info I don't see any issues. the first team mcgee and jarvis called after hearing that he would be released was UGA (mcgee's words) and jarvis will be in athens this week. Jarvis doesn't want all the attention like he got the last time, he doesn't want to take it away from the current recruits and just doesn't want to deal with it.. even the interview on ugasports had 2 comments and the rest was their commentary and old comments when he was being recruited the last time. jarvis said he has interest in 3 schools uga, clemson, and fsu. don't expect a bunch of updates.. i can see very little coming out and then an announcement.

If he were to get hurt, it wouldn't matter that he was cleared or not, the fact that USC let him go because they felt he was a medical risk is enough for the media and attorneys to have a witch hunt if something were to happen to him now. If its FSU that picks him up or whoever, if he gets hurt its going to be trouble. With that being said, I don't think Richt would make a bad decision on the young man and I'll just have to trust his decision. Hopefully if we were to get him, he stays healthy for his sake.

yep he has been cleared by 2 doctors and that info was sent to 6 teams and it will be up to those team doctors on if they will clear him or not.. i am sure they are going to do their own evaluation of him. oh yeah he is very very talented and best yet physically older and has plenty of experience playing last year. if it works out he would be a big addition to our defense.

So, IF he was cleared and enrolled at UGA (or where ever) and didn't have to sit, he'd be eligible to play this upcoming season? If so, that would be HUGE. I can see him being a stud ILB. I hope where ever he ends up, it works out for him and he doesn't get injured or anything. He was one that I was really bummed we didn't get. Sure would be nice to land him now... Is there any timeframe of when a decision is expected?

So, IF he was cleared and enrolled at UGA (or where ever) and didn't have to sit, he'd be eligible to play this upcoming season? If so, that would be HUGE. I can see him being a stud ILB. I hope where ever he ends up, it works out for him and he doesn't get injured or anything. He was one that I was really bummed we didn't get. Sure would be nice to land him now... Is there any timeframe of when a decision is expected?

yes he would be eligible to play this season if what mcgee is saying is correct. He will be a stud lb if he is cleared to play imo. his timeframe is sooner rather than later and it's believe we should something within the month one way or another. this should not be a drawn out thing since he needs to decide pretty soon to get into school. fyi jarvis is saying it's not 2 doctors, but 3 doctors have cleared him to play..

An update on Peake:

UPDATE: Adam Humphries, a teammate of Charone Peake who just committed to Clemson on Saturday, told Phil Kornblut of PalmettoSports.com: "I don't think (Humphries' commitment) will be a big influence. He's got his mind set (on three schools). I think he knows where he wants to go."

Reading between the lines, we learn that a) Peake is pretty much down to three schools, even if he still plans to announce a final five (see below); B) Peake may very well have already made a decision; and c) the winner could be Georgia, if we can infer that Humphries' decision won't be enough to "influence" Peake to become a Tiger. (Of course, the other interpretation is that Humphries' commitment won't matter to Peake because he was already set on Clemson. But the first one is more compelling.)

Earlier ...

The coach of five-star WR Charone Peake of South Carolina (the No. 1 WR in the class and No. 12 in the ESPNU 150) told Phil Kornblut of PalmettoSports.com that Peake will narrow his list down to five schools within the next two weeks.

Dave Gutshall said that three schools stand out for Peake: Clemson, Georgia and Florida. Beyond that, the coach expects Peake to pick a couple of schools -- say, Notre Dame and USC -- from outside the region.

Since Gutshall emphasized that Clemson, Georgia and Florida -- in no particular order -- are Peake's favorites, it seems kind of silly to even name two other schools. The Tigers are the home-state draw and have shown up on the lists of an increasingly large number of elite prospects. The Bulldogs already have a commitment from QB Christian LeMay, who said at his announcement press conference that he would be working on Peake. Florida appears to be a long shot, with priority presumably being put on in-state WRs such as Sammy Watkins and Kelvin Benjamin.

So if Peake's choice does come down to Clemson and Georgia, who his QB might be could very well influence his decision. And in that regard, the Bulldogs appear to have an edge.

Charone Peake evaluation

"Peake is one of the few receivers we have seen in this class that could be categorized as being 'special' when it comes to his ability and upside at the next level. He is tall, smooth, lean and runs extremely well. He shows flashes of being dominant in all phases. He's at his best versus man coverage where he can use his speed to run by defenders and is a precise route runner for such a young player. He also does a great job versus cushion-- he's able to get defenders to bite with subtle moves and then run by them."