if JA98 will be a DT this year,

Well coming from The HEAD jackass that is a COMPLEMENT CAUSE you know one, you look in the mirror AN see one everyday..

But again you show your own stupidity. If you or anyone else makes the statement "you want him gone" and the staff AS shown no indication that they do you are doing both "second guessing" and "suggesting we could do a better job" You do understand that I care about as much what you think as A do about the aints. panties or yucks so you have _ great day. YOUR not worth my time. You have your opinion and I know what an opinion is like YOU ;)

your welcome for the compliment, even though i did'nt really mean it that way. if i used that tactic more than anyone on the board, i would indeed be the head jackass but that is hardly a noteworthy title. the staff has reportedly asked him to put on weight and play DT in an attempt to salvage the pick. they have given up on him as a DE. he reportedly lacks the strength, speed, or technique to rush the passer from the outside. the effort to salvage the pick does not say the staff wants him gone, but it does say that even they do not want him at DE. those jack ***** even think he sucks. i understand that you care about as much about what i think as you do about spelling, making a comprehensive and complete thought, or writing a complete sentence. i dont even want to address the fact that you insult my intelligence with your childish comments while at the same time insulting your own with your child like penmanship. can you change your font to a more appropriate choice, like crayon?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all these wonderful compliments paid top Smitty our head coach about his brilliance and all, yet you still can't expalin why he would start, for 2 seasons in a row going on 3, a fat, lazy out of shape player who doesn;t have the talent to play in the NFL.

Nobody can provide an answer.

(Bobby Booooshey tried, but failed when I pointed out Beirmann and Davis were both here and played far less han JA98 last year.)

all these wonderful compliments paid top Smitty our head coach about his brilliance and all, yet you still can't expalin why he would start, for 2 seasons in a row going on 3, a fat, lazy out of shape player who doesn;t have the talent to play in the NFL.

(Bobby Booooshey tried, but failed when I pointed out Beirmann and Davis were both here and played far less han JA98 last year.)

i honestly think they gave him every opportunity to succeed, and rather than look at last year to end this debate, i would prefer to let the coaches decisions in 2010 be a little more telling in regard to their perception of anderson.

also i think both biermann and davis outplayed anderson when they did play LDE in his place whether in passing situations or when he was injured.

the ONLY good thing i can say about anderson is that i remember thinking "OH NO" when he went down because he was actually starting(like that game) to make some plays albeit from the DT position.

he may very well play DE on run plays and DT on pass plays in 2010 but i dont expect a new man in the 98 jersey this year unless the name on the back is different as well.

Chris Houston played the most snaps of any CB on the roster last season...and we see where that got him.

Games without Jam:

NYJ, #1 rushing attack in the NFL accumulated all of 99 rushing yards. A win.

Bills, #16 rushing attack in the NFL accumulated all of 40 yards. A win.

Tampa, pitiful #31 rushing attack in the NFL accumulated all of 40 yards. A win.

Yes, the QB play was bad on those 3 teams, but the running attacks were generally solid, but we were averaging 118 yards rushing/game before those 3 games, then allowed all of 60 yards/game.

Only reason Jam is still here is that we haven't found a suitable replacement yet, maybe one of our backups steps up more this season...whereas we did have a suitable replacement with Christopher Houston and why he got the boot.

In the scheme over the past 2 years:

DE John Abraham - drafted 13th, 1381 snaps, 23 sacks, 58 pressures, 53 hits, 10.31 snaps per pressure

DE Chauncey Davis - drafted 128th, 1132 snaps, 5 sacks, 38 pressures, 3 hits, 24.61 snaps per pressure

DE Kroy Biermann - drafted 154th, 806 snaps, 7 sacks, 34 pressures, 9 hits, 16.12 snaps per pressure

DE Lawrence Sidbury - drafted 125th, 107 snaps, 1 sacks, 0 pressures, 1 hits, 53.50 snaps per pressure

DE/DT Jamaal Anderson - drafted 8th, 1268 snaps, 3 sacks, 39 pressures, 8 hits, 25.36 snaps per pressure (but this isn't too telling he was worse by almost 10 snaps per pressure from 08 to 09)

DT Jonathan Babineaux - drafted 59th, 1827 snaps, 11 sacks, 45 pressures, 16 hits, 25.38 snaps per pressure

DT Vance Walker - drafted 210th, 249 snaps, 0 sacks, 6 pressures, 0 hits, 41.50 snaps per pressure

DT Peria Jerry - drafted 24th, 71 snaps, 0 sacks, 1 pressures, 2 hits, 23.70 snaps per pressure

DT Thomas Johnson - undrafted, 437 snaps, 3 sacks, 7 pressures, 1 hits, 39.73 snaps per pressure

DT Corey Peters - drafted 83rd, no stats recorded

I only used the past 2 years because whatever occurred under Petrino has nothing to do with the fit in the Smith scheme. As you can tell over the past 2 years, Anderson has been an awful DE; on the other hand as a DT, he has been solid. So the DE rotation of Davis, Abraham, Biermann and Sidbury with Biermann and Abraham starting will be a very good pass rushing DL. Add in a rotation at DT of Jerry, Babineaux, Peters, Walker and Anderson and it could be a very formidable defense. Also some things you can notice are that Jerry gets just as much pressure from the interior as Babs does, but Johnson was awful. Walker also wasn't very good. It also tells us that Sidbury and Jerry need to get more seasoning, while Biermann is primed to perform in the next year.

gotta think that while the Defensive Tackles are happy with around 25 snaps per pressure in this defense, the defensive ends need to be around 10 snaps per pressure. Jamaal and Chauncey both are the weakness in the pass rush game on the edge, with Sidbury as a guy who needs more seasoning. on the other hand if Jamaal can produce the same at DT, he will turn from detriment to huge help.

Edited by ScarDraft

Chris Houston

Who's Chris Houston? Ohhhh, that's right, he's a player who was traded to another team to be a projected starter there. So you are saying that we played a projected NFL starter......no argument from me.

I'm talking about a player that Smitty has started here in Atlanta for 2 straight seasons here in Atlanta who you say is fat, lazy out of shape player that doesn;t even have the talent to play in the NFL .

So now that we have that straightened out, why would Smitty start a fat, lazy out of shape player that doesn;t even have the talent to play in the NFL for 2 straight years, and have him still here projected to play in both the base and sub defensive alignments going on a 3rd season?

What kind of an NFL GM would keep a fat, lazy out of shape player that doesn't even have the talent to play in the NFL for this long???

What kind of a coach would start a fat, lazy out of shape player that doesn;t even have the talent to play in the NFL for 2 straight seasons going on 3?

If you really believe what you say (which is doubtfulin the face of common sense) Where's your outrage at our NFL Coach of the Year and NFL GM of the Year??? Why does the NFL hold these guys n such high regard that would keep a fat, lazy out of shape player that doesn;t even have the talent to play in the NFL around this long and play him so much?

Who's Chris Houston? Ohhhh, that's right, he's a player who was traded to another team to be a projected starter there. So you are saying that we played a projected NFL starter......no argument from me.

I'm talking about a player that Smitty has started here in Atlanta for 2 straight seasons here in Atlanta who you say is fat, lazy out of shape player that doesn;t even have the talent to play in the NFL .

So now that we have that straightened out, why would Smitty start a fat, lazy out of shape player that doesn;t even have the talent to play in the NFL for 2 straight years, and have him still here projected to play in both the base and sub defensive alignments going on a 3rd season?

What kind of an NFL GM would keep a fat, lazy out of shape player that doesn't even have the talent to play in the NFL for this long???

What kind of a coach would start a fat, lazy out of shape player that doesn;t even have the talent to play in the NFL for 2 straight seasons going on 3?

If you really believe what you say (which is doubtfulin the face of common sense) Where's your outrage at our NFL Coach of the Year and NFL GM of the Year??? Why does the NFL hold these guys n such high regard that would keep a fat, lazy out of shape player that doesn;t even have the talent to play in the NFL around this long and play him so much?

Houston isn't looking like the starter in Detroit from what I'm hearing. They brought him in and expect him to be a nickel or dime corner. How is it that ATL's supposed #1 CB is now Detroit of all places #3 or #4? Smith is brilliant but some moves are made that aren't based on pure talent and production, but rather hopes and dreams.

Do you think TD and Smitty would start a fat, lazy, out of shape player that lacks the talent to play in the NFL for 2 straight years and have him still on the roster going into yet a 3rd season at this point?Of course not, that would be insane to try and sell. Yet, by doing the math...taking you guys comments and applyinjg them to what Smitty and TD are doing that is exactly what you are suggesting.

One thing you fail to mention is Busterson's DE snaps have eroded year by year under Smitty. In fact, they won't allow him near a DE position on an obvious passing down now. Sad for a guy that was drafted 8th to create a pass rush after passing on Patrick Willis and Darrelle Revis. :angry:

Houston isn't looking like the starter in Detroit from what I'm hearing. They brought him in and expect him to be a nickel or dime corner. How is it that ATL's supposed #1 CB is now Detroit of all places #3 or #4? Smith is brilliant but some moves are made that aren't based on pure talent and production, but rather hopes and dreams.

Houston was traded to Detroit to compete for the starting CB job there. LINK

Your claims about how Smitty just hopes and dreams with players and being backed up by the false premise that Chris Houston was traded to Detroit to be dime CB are patently ridiculous.

It is quite obvious to those who nominated TD and Smitty to GM of the Year and Coach of the Year respectively that their decisions are intelligent, well though out and calculated.

your welcome for the compliment, even though i did'nt really mean it that way. if i used that tactic more than anyone on the board, i would indeed be the head jackass but that is hardly a noteworthy title. the staff has reportedly asked him to put on weight and play DT in an attempt to salvage the pick. they have given up on him as a DE. he reportedly lacks the strength, speed, or technique to rush the passer from the outside. the effort to salvage the pick does not say the staff wants him gone, but it does say that even they do not want him at DE. those jack ***** even think he sucks. i understand that you care about as much about what i think as you do about spelling, making a comprehensive and complete thought, or writing a complete sentence. i dont even want to address the fact that you insult my intelligence with your childish comments while at the same time insulting your own with your child like penmanship. can you change your font to a more appropriate choice, like crayon?

Seriously I just had to come back and explain to you this is called a font style and has nothing to do with penmanship. You claim to be a 34 year old Christan with a 22 month old child. You are clueless as to what a Christian is since you have no problem using language that a Christian would never use. Does your 22 month old make most of your post because they sure come across that way. You make childish comments about my spelling but spell didn't "did'nt" even the board's spell check tried to help you notice the red underline. :wacko: You complain about sentence run on but use NO capital letters any where in your post. Just an F.Y.I. All sentences start with a capital letter and I is also always caps. :wacko: This is just a message board and not an English class so moving on.

In an effort to bring you up to a grown up level please read what you wrote.

"the staff has reportedly asked him to put on weight and play DT in an attempt to salvage the pick. they have given up on him as a DE. he reportedly lacks the strength, speed, or technique to rush the passer from the outside. the effort to salvage the pick does not say the staff wants him gone, but it does say that even they do not want him at DE."

You do understand that the use of words like, reportedly sure is not helping to back up you story. It's call hear say. Try providing a link to back up your story.

At least FFS1970 has stats or something to add to his posts you are not providing anything but hear say or your opinion. While you are entitled to it that's all it is your opinion. Now if your willing to admit you just don't like the player that is fine and would explain a lot. While I don't overly like him I don't dislike him. He has not lived up to lots of exceptions that we as FANS have had for him but for some reason I just don't think that the coaching staff has given up on him period DE or other wise.

Is it his age or what I don't claim to know but I support the Staff what ever they chose. You have blessed day.

Edited by falcons faithful

Haha, classic gazoo...you are using Chris Houston's trade to a scrub team to be a starter as a defense of your 'logic'. Wow, thats a new low.

Chris Houston was the starter for 2 years under Smitty, even when everyone knew how bad he was...because everyone was hoping he would turn the corner. He didnt, so he was traded.

How is that not any different from Jamaal Anderson?

Haha, classic gazoo...you are using Chris Houston's trade to a scrub team

You never said JA98 was too lazy to play for a scrub team, you said that JA98 is a fat, lazy out of shape player who does not have the talent to play in the NFL .

As you pointed out, if a player of starter quality does so much as refuse to turn his head around with the ball in the air we will dump him and let im go start somewhere else, so why did TD and Smitty keep and play JA98 so much and not let him go start somewhere else as they did Houson??????

You see, your position is incongruent.

.....now THAT, was a classic Gazoo :)