if JA98 will be a DT this year,

find a suiter that has an extra DT in need of a DE? a 3-4 team may especially be a good trade partner but most 3-4 teams have a greater need for a NT than DE. ARZ has alan branch and gabe watson who they dont think much of having drafted dan williams in rd 1. i have heard bad things about both guys, but someone like that to our liking. i just hope we are trying to get rid of him for a true DT that can spot start instead of hoping this will be his year. it just sounds like a mega millions commercial, "today could be the day".

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

find a suiter that has an extra DT in need of a DE? a 3-4 team may especially be a good trade partner but most 3-4 teams have a greater need for a NT than DE. ARZ has alan branch and gabe watson who they dont think much of having drafted dan williams in rd 1. i have heard bad things about both guys, but someone like that to our liking. i just hope we are trying to get rid of him for a true DT that can spot start instead of hoping this will be his year. it just sounds like a mega millions commercial, "today could be the day".

peter, peter it could be your day..... :D

neither one of those guys fits the mold for an ATL scheme DT. If Atlanta wanted to they should try and trade Jamaal and someone else for Dorsey.

neither one of those guys fits the mold for an ATL scheme DT. If Atlanta wanted to they should try and trade Jamaal and someone else for Dorsey.

I thought about this recently how would a trade of JA98 and Vernon Gholston feel because both players clearly have alot of potential and JA98 fits a 3-4 better and Gholston fits a 4-3 better so it would work out for both teams if it doesn't work out we can cut Gholston and they can cut JA98... all im saying is worth a try...

I thought about this recently how would a trade of JA98 and Vernon Gholston feel because both players clearly have alot of potential and JA98 fits a 3-4 better and Gholston fits a 4-3 better so it would work out for both teams if it doesn't work out we can cut Gholston and they can cut JA98... all im saying is worth a try...

I never thought of that, that could actualy work.

Anderson can't be traded for a pile of beans. He won't even be on the team once the season comes around.

At DT we have Babs, Jerry, Peters, and some cheap backups. There's no more room for Anderson and drafting Peters with our second pick was the writing on the wall.

No matter how much you hate him he want be cut. He is to young and we invested to much time in him. He has this whole year to prove he can play DE. And peters is a rookie most likey his playing time will come few and far in between. He is not a day one starter he has to be groom.

No matter how much you hate him he want be cut. He is to young and we invested to much time in him. He has this whole year to prove he can play DE. And peters is a rookie most likey his playing time will come few and far in between. He is not a day one starter he has to be groom.

The day 1 starters are Babs and Jerry. Peters will get his share behind them.

Anderson will be gone. This staff didn't draft Anderson and they sure don't care about time invested when they can take the hit of his remaining money in an uncapped year. He's gone I promise it.

The day 1 starters are Babs and Jerry. Peters will get his share behind them.

Anderson will be gone. This staff didn't draft Anderson and they sure don't care about time invested when they can take the hit of his remaining money in an uncapped year. He's gone I promise it.

I agree 100%. I was just thinking the same way about Blalock this morning.

Problem is no one is going to trade for a guy that has less than 25% chance of making our roster. They will wait for us to cut him.

And you just know no one is really 'waiting' anyways...the guy has not proven to be a valid NFL defensive player. He is certainly gettin paid like it though.

Maybe this offseason he turned a new leaf though...and realized he will be out of a good paying job VERY soon if he doesnt get it together.

Anderson can't be traded for a pile of beans. He won't even be on the team once the season comes around.

At DT we have Babs, Jerry, Peters, and some cheap backups. There's no more room for Anderson and drafting Peters with our second pick was the writing on the wall.

+1. Anderson is done, period

I would like to see dorsey in a trade, wishfull thinking, but sugarbear would make him a bowler fa sure..

If only Tom Dimitroff was a smart as some of the fans (you know, those same fans that did not want him the draft Matt Ryan).

If only Coach Smitty and Ray Hamilton knew as much about how bad of a player JA98 is (according to the comments here) as the fans (you know, those same fans that would have cut Roddy White after his second year becuase he was a bust).

Gosh......if only the fans could be in charge of this team's fate instead of that dope Tom Dimitroff and Coach Smitty! It's clear by the fans opinions of JA98 witnessed on this thread that he is of no value to the team, cannot help us in any way win games yet TD and Smitty have started JA98 2 years in a row and still have him on the roster???????????? How could this be????

If what the fans say is true about JA98's abilities, Tom Dimitroff wuld have to be a complete id.iot and Coach Smitty would be a colossal mo.ron. The only other alternative would be that the fans are just plain wrong about JA98's value to the team , but we all know that's impossible.

SPIN REDUCTION: I am simply pointing out the enormous disparity between what the fans "say" about JA98 to how TD and Smitty actually use JA98. If you would like to present a logical counter argument to my point about this enormous disparity, you will address how he is used vs what the fans say about him. btw.....it's a no cap year, so the argument that they can;t afford to cut him has been shot down in Hiroshima level flames.

I am simply pointing out the enormous disparity between what the fans "say" about JA98 to how TD and Smitty actually use JA98.

The same could be said for some "fans" opinion of Stephen Nicholas, Mike Jenkins, Brent Grimes, Erik Coleman and Jerious Norwood - arguably the more 'controversial' players on the team. (at least on these forums)

Thank God the "fans" arent in control of our personnel dept.

Take Andersson and those 5 players off the team and we probably wouldnt be talking superbowl this year. We would

be saying "next year we're gonna be awesome" AGAIN for yet another season.

Crap..i agreed with Gazoo. :wacko: :lol:

Last time i agreed with you i was shot down in 'Hiroshima' level flames BY you. lol

The same could be said for some "fans" opinion of Stephen Nicholas, Mike Jenkins, Brent Grimes, Erik Coleman and Jerious Norwood - arguably the more 'controversial' players on the team. (at least on these forums)

Thank God the "fans" arent in control of our personnel dept.

Take Andersson and those 5 players off the team and we probably wouldnt be talking superbowl this year. We would

be saying "next year we're gonna be awesome" AGAIN for yet another season.

Crap..i agreed with Gazoo. :wacko: :lol:

Last time i agreed with you i was shot down in 'Hiroshima' level flames BY you. lol

Who said anything about cutting these guys?

We just want JA98 out of here. The rest of those guys actually have potential.

Who said anything about cutting these guys?

We just want JA98 out of here. The rest of those guys actually have potential.

WE you got a frog in your pocket. :lol:

Well see there you go admitting to be one of those FANS. I just don't understand why TD and Coach smith are not listing to you instead of relying on their years of experience.

We will never get to the SB till they listen to your expertise HUH.

SMH

gazoo, gazoo, gazoo, i know i'm supposed to read your post and respond to your position by defending my position but that is getting old and expaining things to you is futile. in fact correcting your perspective about what i was actually saying about anderson is also futile. you will simply misinterpret yet again and go off on another one of your filibusters.

you make lame comments about how TD and smitty must be morons to start JA98 even though neither selected him nor would they have in all likelyhood.

that cute little episode of your brand of sarcasm is only to build a case that fans are wrong about andersons value to the team.

i believe in a 3rd option that you fail to list because you apparently dont realize it. they were stuck with a 1st rd draft bust with no better option on the roster. they had no choice but to fix the things they could in the only three drafts they have conducted and i am willing to bet a DE to replace anderson was #1 on the wish list for our 2010 1st rd draft pick. they knew that was hoping against logic and realistically targeted weatherspoon who also fills a need.

i believe the coaches are even more aware of how badly anderson sucks than the fans or the media who you neglect to mention. i believe they have started him at LDE for two years not out of sheer wisdom but because he was the best option they had and they had to hope he would develop. he will lose his job to biermann this year who was selected by TD and smitty and who recieves nothing but praise from fans. those moronic fans cheer for the biermanns and boo the andersons.

well excuse me and every other fan and all media and any coaches that unbeknownst to you share the opinion that anderson is not the answer at LDE based on the fact that he sucks.

as far as nicholas, jenkins, grimes, etc they have certain short comings, inconsistancies, innabilities that are obvious to even the stupidest fans. as dumb as they are, they stupidly want players that are more well rounded, more consistant, and more physically equipped to eventually replace or push incumbants into back up roles unlike the braintrust who must be thrilled with the talent pool that mustered a 9-7 record last year.

when the current regime replaces anderson on the roster altogether, and they will, i wonder how gazoo will represent himself then. "awe man, i cant believe anderson never panned out, but if the coaches believe this is what is best for the team i support them like a properly fitted, snug, moist jock strap."

Well see there you go admitting to be one of those FANS. I just don't understand why TD and Coach smith are not listing to you instead of relying on their years of experience.

SMH

What?

Lay off that crack pipe.

If only Tom Dimitroff was a smart as some of the fans (you know, those same fans that did not want him the draft Matt Ryan).

If only Coach Smitty and Ray Hamilton knew as much about how bad of a player JA98 is (according to the comments here) as the fans (you know, those same fans that would have cut Roddy White after his second year becuase he was a bust).

Gosh......if only the fans could be in charge of this team's fate instead of that dope Tom Dimitroff and Coach Smitty! It's clear by the fans opinions of JA98 witnessed on this thread that he is of no value to the team, cannot help us in any way win games yet TD and Smitty have started JA98 2 years in a row and still have him on the roster???????????? How could this be????

If what the fans say is true about JA98's abilities, Tom Dimitroff wuld have to be a complete id.iot and Coach Smitty would be a colossal mo.ron. The only other alternative would be that the fans are just plain wrong about JA98's value to the team , but we all know that's impossible.

SPIN REDUCTION: I am simply pointing out the enormous disparity between what the fans "say" about JA98 to how TD and Smitty actually use JA98. If you would like to present a logical counter argument to my point about this enormous disparity, you will address how he is used vs what the fans say about him. btw.....it's a no cap year, so the argument that they can;t afford to cut him has been shot down in Hiroshima level flames.

1)Isnt a large purpose of an NFL message board for the 'armchair coaches"?

2)You continue the argument of "Because Smitty and Tom havent gutted him yet, then he must still be an important part of this team"...thats a conveniant argument to have, because even when he is finally gutted off this team, you can just say "Well, Smitty and Tom didnt believe he could help this team any further, just like I envisioned".

SMH

this argument says only one thing, anyone who uses it=jackass.

nobody is second guessing the staff or suggesting we could do a better job. our staff unlike any other we've ever had, pleasantly surprises me with fantastic picks i did'nt even know about.

this tactic that you constantly employ is lame, as are the posters that use it.