which sb win was more impressive

freebird587

let me start out by saying im not trying to take anything away from they accomplished in their sb winning seasons and they absolutly deserved their championships

in tampas case,gruden couldnt have hand picked a better opponent to play against because of his history with the raiders...even their players were saying after the game that he knew what they were doing before they did it...that being said,the tampa d went out and punched them square in the face and by the 2nd qtr oakland was playing like they were scared and that was one of the best ever defensive performances in sb history...alscott was a beast and pittman did his part in wearing the oakland d down

in the saints case,throughout the year,they had calls go their way many times(thats not their fault,thats on the refs)but their offense had one of the best regular seasons as far as firepower and weapons the nfc has seen in a while...and bringing in greg williams was key to the overall success the saints had in 09,because their d was what was holding them back from getting to where they got to this year

so imo (which doesnt mean squat)i think the saints was more impressive overall because of who they played,but that bucs defense was the more impressive as a unit by the way they just absolutly dominated they raiders

well i dont know, Bucs beat a team that J Gruden knew inside out, and had R Gannon at QB

Saints beat a Team that has been one of the best the last 10 yrs with P Manning....

yea i dont think its close either

God I Hate the Saints

WELL, LET ME SEE. FOR ONE THING THE BUC'S RAN AWAY ON THE RAIDERS.

THE SAINT GAME WAS ONE WHERE NOT MANY GAVE THE SAINTS A CHANCE. FACE IT GUYS, THE SAINTS

WERE VERY IMPRESSIVE IN THEIR SB VICTORY OVER THE COLTS. GIVE THE DEVILS THEIR DUE.......

LAST YEAR THEY WERE NOT TO BE DENIED. THEY WERE THE BEST IN THE NFL. I DON'T LIKE IT

ANY MORE THAN YOU DO, BUT THATS THE WAY IT WAS. NO MATTER WHAT WE MAY SAY, "THEY WERE

THE KINGS OF FOOTBALL." ...... THIS IS A WHOLE NEW SEASON ... LET'S GO OUT AND DETHRONE

THE RASCALS. :D

obviously the the Bucs had the more dominant victory. They were the heavy favorites and didn't disappoint. They went in and took care of business

The Saints were the underdog and held one of the greatest QBs in the history of the league in check. It was generally thought that the only team standing in Indy's way was New England year to year and the Saint proved them wrong.

tough call IMO. From an adversity standpoint, it's the Saints all the way. Not many teams have had to beat 3 Hall of Fame QBs in a row to get their ring.

Down the road beating a Payton Manning team in a big game may not be determined a big deal when it comes to his big game history. Not taking away from the saints just sayin...

Funny you never brought this up in the weeks leading up to the SB... to you it was UNTHINKABLE that we could ever beat Peyton :rolleyes:

Funny you never brought this up in the weeks leading up to the SB... to you it was UNTHINKABLE that we could ever beat Peyton

He'll never look back and admit it, but remember weeks before the playoffs all the garbage he spilled? "The Saints WONT make it out of the first round!" Then when we took care of the Cardinals it was "Well yall won't beat the Vikings or Cowboys!" Then we did that. Then it became "Peyton will completely dominate the Saints defense, 25th ranked defense! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif " I believe he even threw out some pretty large numbers, that obviously didn't come true.

Welp, so far a Falcons fan's attempt to stir up trouble between Saints and Bucs fans on a slow week turned up nothing. Maybe jb will sniff this thread and drop a nuclear bomb of homerism, but I think it's pretty much run its course.

Bucs played a more impressive game, Saints beat a more impressive team. Both rank in the top 44 B)

Edited by joe horn

They look the same too me:

payton-lombardi.jpg

1275520348-U10500.png

Saints fans, Bucs fans, lets all join together (just this one time) and give a big "How's it feel suckas!" to all Falcon fans...laugh.gif

Should I bring this to TATF?

I cannot quite grasp the words to express this... Nola, GREAT POST buddy. :lol:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

bucs... not even close

Absolutely! It's a Given the '02 BUCS were a far superior team to the the '09 Saints!

I think their defense would of given them trouble, but if I remember correctly wasn't the season after that their vaunted defense let the colts come back from a 21 point deficit in the last 4 minutes or so to take a sure win from the buccies? So you might have something there aqg.

I'm talking about the 09 colts who are better than the team they had that year.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

So much superior that you lost to the 02 saints twice.

The '02 BUCS did not lose to a team as bad as the '09 BUCS.............................But, the '09 Saints did.

Were the '02 Saints 3-13 that season? Didn't think so. You were saying?:rolleyes:

The '02 BUCS did not lose to a team as bad as the '09 BUCS.............................But, the '09 Saints did.

Were the '02 Saints 3-13 that season? Didn't think so. You were saying?:rolleyes:

Yea! After we went up by 17 a fell a sleep in a meaningless game. That wasn't the same in 02. We beat you in 2 close games. The 09 saints were light years better than the 02 saints. So if you had problems with them, how in the world could the 02 bucs hang with the 09 saints or colts? Sure! You had that defense, but you had no real offense. Our 09 defense has played well agianst much better offenses. So I wouldn't lose sleep over them. The 09 saints was better than the 02 bucs over all easily.