America... the story of us

Rambler

There were alot of opinions after the first couple of episodes but now that you have seen the finale, what grade do you give it? I`m going A+.

I thought the series did an excellent job showing how America became the incredible superpower we are while not burying the skeletons in our closet. Completely fair and very informative.

I love watching re-enactments that are well done. This is also a very effective way to teach history in school, especially to kids who would never pick up a history book otherwise. It shouldn`t be the only way to teach history, but should be required viewing in all history classes instead of getting the indoctrination of some barely educated, politically biased partisan.

I am completely astonished any one on this board had the intellilectual capacity to watch something like America the story of us. Of course I watched it, but gangbangers are to stupid to watch.

Edited by I AM 51

I am completely astonished any one on this board had the intellilectual capacity to watch something like America the story of us. Of course I watched it, but gangbangers are to stupid to watch.

TO stupid? You don't say.

I won't even ask what " intellilectual" means, Mr. Astonished.

If you think people on this board are so stupid, go away. Who would miss you?

*intellectual

*too

Don't even get me started on the puntuaction errors.

Says the moron who advocates shooting people at his front door simply because of their religion.

LOL @ this fool trying to act like some kind of "intellilectual" because he watched a History Channel series. Hey dude, I caught part of the "Ancient Aliens" marathon last weekend!

Says the moron who advocates shooting people at his front door simply because of their religion.

LOL @ this fool trying to act like some kind of "intellilectual" because he watched a History Channel series. Hey dude, I caught part of the "Ancient Aliens" marathon last weekend!

:lol: He watched a tv show. that dude MUST be smart!

"intellilectual" is intellectual times 10! Before you guys rip on him, maybe you should watch a TV show on most smartestness so you can comprestand his superioristic languistic semantitudes.

lol... you misdispruniciated a word.

EDIT: Now that's ironical.

Edited by King ED

I always thought this board contained people from all over the intelligence spectrum.

Back on topic, I enjoyed it, there was some fun info in there that I had forgotten or was new to me. The actual reenactments were great in parts, the section with the slave mother having her kids taken away was very well done. I also enjoyed the section about the Civil War and how the different train lines ran over the North vs. the South, they were simple graphics but they made an instant impact.

Grade wise I'll go with a B+ there were things that could have been better linked to the next segment and the BOA commercials took me out of the flow of the show from time to time.

My biggest complaint was that this showed was freaking annoying on my Tivo, it would record the 2 hour shows and then the individual 1 hour shows since they were "new episodes". <_< I have the new Tivo Premiere so it didn't interfere with the shows I was watching but it was kind of sneaky on the part of the History Channel. MTV had this problem a year or so ago, my Wife recorded some shows and they kept recording every few hours due to how the programing was set up.

I always thought this board contained people from all over the intelligence spectrum.

This thread shows the rainbow of intelligence we have around here.

Grade wise I'll go with a B+ there were things that could have been better linked to the next segment and the BOA commercials took me out of the flow of the show from time to time.

Those really turned me off, and I think it was dishonest of History Channel to run those ads. It's like the ads in magazines and newspapers that look like articles but say "this is an advertisement" in some tiny corner.

You know there's some moron out there who thought those ads were part of the show and now thinks BOA is some great patriotic organization.

I give it a B, I like how they used everyday American stories for the series. I wish they did not do a lot of flash backs of later episodes. They could of focus more on the development of the south and northwest, besides keep showing New York, LA, Chicago, etc...And as the series continued it started to lose it edge(to me the first couple of episodes were better than the last episodes)...

Also, was I the only yelling hypocrite when the had Newt Gingrich, Sean Hannity, and other celebrities and/or politicians talk about certain events (Civil War and Immigration) pertaining to America's History???

Edited by ragingfalcon

• 1 month later...

My favorite series is X files. If you think me a moron for some reason then so be it.

I was stoked for the series when I first heard about it, but was left disappointed in the end and didn't even finish it. The way they went from the first settlers to the 1800's in 1 and a half episodes really irked me. To me, it was like the rushed through the early history to get to the 1900's and then spent half the series on the past 100 years. I would have liked to have seen more early history and less stock market crash.