Here is Coach Mike Smith Interview on NFL Network

g-dawg

video link

good stuff!!!

exerpts from Mike Smith interview with NFLN's Kara Henderson:

-he says you never have the exact team you want, always looking to improve roster.

-he saysThomas Dimitroff doing a great job and we will continue to add to the roster.

-he says talent level continues to improve.

-he says Dunta Robinson is a fast, physical CB in NFL who has played at high level - we think he will continue to play at this level or get even better.

-he says this is a QB Driven league and more top-notch QBs in NFL now than ever.

-he says its a good feeling to know that the Falcons have a good young QB who is learning what it takes to win in the NFL and is improving every day.

-he says his relationship with Matt Ryan has a different perspective since he is a defensive coach. Says during games, Matt will ask him "what is the defense trying to do us(Falcons offense) in this situation or that situation."

Edited by g-dawg

I always prefer defensive minded head coaches. Just my own personal opinion but I feel like they know more about everything that is going on down on the field. I've slowly but surely developed a man crush on Mike Smith. He is my favorite coach in the league. Mike Shannahan was my first, then he retired but now even tho he came out of retirement he has been replaced as my numero uno as far as coaches go.

Mike Smith is a product of Arthur Blank.

I recall the media and NFL pundits depicting Arthur Blank as a bumbling fool, incompetent owner and acted as if he didn;t belong among the other owners.

I recall listening to Blanks vision during this period of a top down organization and being excited that we finally had an owner that understood what it took to build a consistent winner. Sure, he made mistakes along the way, but he also learned bigtime from ach mistake and quite frankly, it appears he has done an outstanding job assembling all the pieces of an organization which is ostensibly set for the long term.

Just as I blamed the Smiths for the Jerry Glanville, Marion Campbell years (x2) and decades of horrble drafts, I ultimately give Blank the credit for TD, Mike Smith and the good drafts we've been having.

Good stuff...especially the part about never having the exact team you want. Tells me he is never satisfied with the status quo and thinks we can always be better.

I liked that too "Da Truf".....its an obvious answer but it just demonstrates a mentality to me. Great teams and great coaches are never satisfied. Time for reflection, etc. is for when your retired. No matter how good a team is - can always be better. Glad Mike Smith is not satisfied...

video link

good stuff!!!

exerpts from Mike Smith interview with NFLN's Kara Henderson:

-he says you never have the exact team you want, always looking to improve roster.

-he saysThomas Dimitroff doing a great job and we will continue to add to the roster.

-he says talent level continues to improve.

-he says Dunta Robinson is a fast, physical CB in NFL who has played at high level - we think he will continue to play at this level or get even better.

-he says this is a QB Driven league and more top-notch QBs in NFL now than ever.

-he says its a good feeling to know that the Falcons have a good young QB who is learning what it takes to win in the NFL and is improving every day.

-he says his relationship with Matt Ryan has a different perspective since he is a defensive coach. Says during games, Matt will ask him "what is the defense trying to do us(Falcons offense) in this situation or that situation."

Again, some good stuff. Still trying to figure out how to download into my sig.