Ryan's INTs and Passer Rating - Your Thoughts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

All I will say about Ryan is this:

If Ryan is one of your major concerns about this team going into this season then you aren't really paying attention.

If Ryan is one of your major concerns about this team going into this season then you aren't really paying attention.

And this^.....Hold it!!!! Ryan for me is not a "major" concern but he is a concern to a certain extent! - I have a few things I would like to see from Matty this year!

Edited by CHOCTHEFALCONFAN

Obviously I'd like to see the INT's come down, but as he gains experience and continues to learn from his mistakes they will come down to around 10-12 imo. He won't ever throw as often as he was at BC, and his inflated INT totals there were due to him having to throw his team back into games regularly. I think it is safe to say he will have less than 14 INT's this season. It will be exciting to see how he continues to develop.

Our QB's INTs will always be a major concern for me. It's a vital stat for the QB. It's measurable. But my concern shouldn't that mean that I'm not paying attention.. B)

I have no problem with our 2nd year QB throwing 38 TDs, 25 INTs, QB rating of 84.3, and 20 wins in two seasons in 29 starts...have you seen Breesus numbers in his first two or even three seasons? I'll tell you what, you would think Matty Ice was a god compared to those numbers!

Drew Brees

Drew Christopher Brees

Position: QB

Height: 6-0 Weight: 209 lbs.

Born: January 15, 1979 in Austin, TX

College: Purdue

PassingGlossary · CSV · PRE · Game Log · Splits · TD Log · Passing TD Log · Big Games · Comebacks and game-winning drives

Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% AV

2001 22 SDG 9 1 0 15 27 55.6 221 1 3.7 0 0.0 40 8.2 8.9 14.7 221.0 94.8 2 12 7.2 7.9 6.9 1

2002 23 SDG QB 9 16 16 8-8-0 320 526 60.8 3284 17 3.2 16 3.0 52 6.2 5.5 10.3 205.3 76.9 24 180 5.6 5.0 4.4 10

2003 24 SDG QB 9 11 11 2-9-0 205 356 57.6 2108 11 3.1 15 4.2 68 5.9 4.6 10.3 191.6 67.5 21 178 5.1 3.9 5.6 6

No one expected much more from Brady...right? Anyways, I look for Ryan to do much betting with the picks.

THEYHATEME!!!!!where ya been folk..good to see you posting again.. You know i been the only one holdin down the MJ12 fan club. all these haters :D

YOu can go ahead and put me in the Dont drop NO TD pass MJ12 Fan Club, or Maybe the Please Beat Single Coverage MJ12 Fan Club, I am sure those clubs will have less haters LOL

What up TheyHateMe did Blank ever get those Chicken Nachos in the upper levels for you man, I told my Season Ticket REp they need to fix that for ya LOL

YOu can go ahead and put me in the Dont drop NO TD pass MJ12 Fan Club, or Maybe the Please Beat Single Coverage MJ12 Fan Club, I am sure those clubs will have less haters LOL

What up TheyHateMe did Blank ever get those Chicken Nachos in the upper levels for you man, I told my Season Ticket REp they need to fix that for ya LOL

I'm not sure...LOL! But I'm going in a different direction this year. I'm thinking that HD will be a force to be reckoned with... :ph34r:

Jenx will still be one of my favorite Falcon, but I took it out of my Sig....

Edited by theyhateme

Our QB's INTs will always be a major concern for me. It's a vital stat for the QB. It's measurable. But my concern shouldn't that mean that I'm not paying attention.. B)

Hopefully, everyone in my fantasy league is as concerned about Ryan's INTs as you. I'd be thrilled if I could somehow snag him in the middle rounds of my draft. Ryan has "post-hype breakout" written all over him this year.

I'm not sure...LOL! But I'm going in a different direction this year. I'm thinking that HD will be a force to be reckoned with... :ph34r:

Jenx will still be one of my favorite Falcon, but I took it out of my Sig....

YOU Traitor LOL, Man i wish that HD would have never gotten injured, I hope that he gets back to 100 sooner than later.

i guarentee most if not all of the haters will be back on board in no time..mj will get that getty up back he had, and mularkey will throw jump balls his way instead of calling a sweep inside the 10 yard line..

i guarentee most if not all of the haters will be back on board in no time..mj will get that getty up back he had, and mularkey will throw jump balls his way instead of calling a sweep inside the 10 yard line..

It is a reason why he doesnt get many jump balls thrown his way it is because he is terrible at using his body to gain position over the QB, I wonder did Jenkins ever play basketball?

It is a reason why he doesnt get many jump balls thrown his way it is because he is terrible at using his body to gain position over the QB, I wonder did Jenkins ever play basketball?

yea that could be the reason, or mainly it could be because of the playcalling. Even finn would be a great reciever to throw the jumpball too, yet i cant remember if he got any thrown his way either this past season.

I did a breakdown on his ints this past year which I think puts a different perspective on it. Here is a link to the thread: My link

Here is the breakdown for my lazy friends!

Here are his stats for the 1st 5 games - the last 5 games and the 4 in the middle:

1st 5

Record: 4-1/80%, 101 of 156 for 64.7%, 1162 yds, 9 TD, 4 Int, Rating 95.6 (+1 rush TD)

MID 4

Record: 1-3/25%, 77 of 142 for 54.2%, 846 yds, 5 TD, 8 Int, Rating 60.4

LAST 5

Record: 4-1/80%, 85 of 153 for 55.6%, 908 yds, 8 TD, 2 Int, Rating 85.1

The point is - he started the season strong with an average of 1.8 Td and .8 Int per game and ended the season strong with an average of 1.6 Td and .4 Int per game.

During the ugliest stretch of our season - he had an average of 1.3 Td and 2 Int per game.

Overall - he showed great improvement at the end of the year.

So all you guys who harp over and over and over again that he has to stop throwing so many interceptions - looks like he did to me. He finished the season with a 4-1 TD to Int record after that period of having .625-1 TD to Int.

He had a rough stretch - that's all - let's see how this season plays out.

I'd say his completion percentage was roughest - and I would bet that's what he's working on. Gotta give him a bit of a pass on those last 5 considering that he was playing with his plant foot injured and without his main RB - so it may have been improved as well.

By the way - anyone who is interested - I have the breakdowns for 1/2 1/2 - first 10 last 6, Home-Away, etc.

Edited by Tandy