Wren is Looking Pretty Good Again

Dharma Initiative

Many condemned him last season and the team turned out well, just the Phillies were too hot to catch.

This season it looked like he made all the wrong moves again, but now as we sit pretty he is looking like an architect.

Glaus was signed cheap and is absolutely killing it. 28 RBI's in ONE MONTH!!! I don't expect this the whole season but the power and timing is coming back. Hinske fits in this same category. He has been a good luck charm for teams to win the World Series and his magic is working for us.

Heyward was indeed ready, he had a strikeout problem at one point but has become the premier player.

Melky....well this is a wash. Vazquez was doing bad and looks to be turning it around, same with Melky. Regardless neither player will be with their current team much after this season.

The Hudson re-signing has been a blessing. He is back to looking like our ace.

Prado is a man possessed. Kelly Johnson has been doing well for the Diamondbacks, but I think he will calm back down towards what we were used to seeing with the Braves. Prado has been the leadoff man we've searched for and is on pace to take the NL batting title. Now that the team is hitting he is getting his RBI's.

The bullpen! Looks great so far. Venters has been awesome, Saito hasn't been bad, and Wagner has been great too. I would've liked to keep Soriano but it wasn't expected he's sign his tender so...

None of this is news to anyone, but I got pumped at the game today (well until the Beach Boys came out and bored me back donw).

Edited by Dharma Initiative

I have been one of the few to always stick up for Wren on here and everywhere. I've never understood why people kept putting blame on him when he took over a awful situation that JS put us in. Nobody put any blame on JS and I can kind understand that but he made his share of bad moves too. No GM is perfect. As long as you have more booms than busts you are in good shape. We could be the Mets. Look at all the awful moves Minaya has made for them.

Many were critical of the Glaus move, but as stated before it was a fairly cheap roster move and now he looks like a GENIUS for it. Melky/Vasquez may be a wash but didn't we get Hinske out of that deal as well?

Nope Hinske was a FA and we signed him

Nope Hinske was a FA and we signed him

Right... but you could say that deal allowed him to be signed.

You could look at it like this, by trading Vazquez and Loagan the Braves nette directly by trade or by using money saved in trade: Glaus, Hinkse, Melky, Dunn,and Vizcaino.

The money saved in the Vaz deal basically was used on Hinkse and Glaus.

Looks pretty solid now eh?