Anyone play MW2 online on PS3?

Haha man. Almost the exact same thing with me. Prestige 3 times on my old one. I made a new name because all my college friends play on that account with me. So I made one just for me. I'll add u as soon as I get on.

Alright. I'll probably be on sometime tonight. I'm having a rough night, the game actually helps me a bit because it allows me to think of all the other guys I'm pissing off by killing them 20 times.

• 2 weeks later...

Name's Adema1226

I used to get on quite a bit myself. Haven't been on in a while but I have the time to do so. I just got kind of burnt-out of MWF2. I mean I would play it constantly.

Add me though if you're interested in playing. Same name on Xboxlive. I play MWF2 on PS3 and Madden 10 or GTAIV online on the 360.

That's a joke right? MAG is the most unremarkable FPS ever... oh, but you can play with a lot of people. :wacko:

Not joking at all. MAG is way deeper than MW2. More tactics, more teamwork, more going on. There's an actual chain-of-command and people play different roles, instead of everyone sitting in a corner camping for their killstreaks. There are actual objectives to accomplish as opposed to variations of the same old team deathmatch I've been playing for 15 years. No stupid perks and superpowers, no Hollywood akimbo shotguns and throwing knives.

Easily the best shooter I've ever played on a console IMO.

I loved all the COD games, but MW2 bored the **** out of me after a few hours. It's basically MW1 rehashed with a couple new gadgets and stuff. And I played MW1 to death already.

Not joking at all. MAG is way deeper than MW2. More tactics, more teamwork, more going on. There's an actual chain-of-command and people play different roles, instead of everyone sitting in a corner camping for their killstreaks. There are actual objectives to accomplish as opposed to variations of the same old team deathmatch I've been playing for 15 years. No stupid perks and superpowers, no Hollywood akimbo shotguns and throwing knives.

I loved all the COD games, but MW2 bored the **** out of me after a few hours. It's basically MW1 rehashed with a couple new gadgets and stuff. And I played MW1 to death already.

MW2 is wayyyy different than MW1. Yea it has new "gadgets" including the abilty to play 'No Country for Old Men' with a silenced shotty :) Also no 3 frags and the added abilty to see and stop claymores from ruining your chopper gunner (btw the added killstreaks are very nice but very easy to end i.e. Shooting down a UAV)

MAG seems pretty cool tho I should rent it and check it out

Edited by tywreezy33

MAG is more tactical than MW2 by design. But you still have crappy players who just try to do their own thing on MAG and don't play as a team. You have that element, to a lesser extent, in MW2 as well... a team that plays together often is usually better than a bunch of randoms.

It's like comparing Ghost Recon to Call of Duty... and Ghost Recon kicks the crap out of MAG.

As far as the way a lot of players camp on MW2, as much as I hate it, it's just a part of how the game goes. You either alter your gameplan and learn how to fight against campers/snipers/noob tubers or continue being frustrated that you die constantly.

MW2 has its share of issues online... my biggest gripe is inconsistency from game to game, but that's to blame on the lack of dedicated servers. Some games it takes me one shot with a Barrett/Intervention/WA2000 or M1014 shotgun to get a kill... some games it takes 2 or 3 shots (I've actually played games where I had dead on headshots and got absolutely nothing but my position compromised). The worst is when I start shooting someone, empty half a magazine into them without missing, but they just turn around and shoot me dead with like 1 or 2 shots.

Overall though I just don't see how anyone can say MAG is such a greater game than MW2. MAG is not an easy game to pick up. You are started out on the worst part of the game and have to invest hours just to open up basic crap that any other online FPS gives you right off the bat. Maybe you just suck at MW2. It's not that hard to counteract killstreaks if you set up your classes the right way.

MAG is more tactical than MW2 by design. But you still have crappy players who just try to do their own thing on MAG and don't play as a team. You have that element, to a lesser extent, in MW2 as well... a team that plays together often is usually better than a bunch of randoms.

It's like comparing Ghost Recon to Call of Duty... and Ghost Recon kicks the crap out of MAG.

As far as the way a lot of players camp on MW2, as much as I hate it, it's just a part of how the game goes. You either alter your gameplan and learn how to fight against campers/snipers/noob tubers or continue being frustrated that you die constantly.

MW2 has its share of issues online... my biggest gripe is inconsistency from game to game, but that's to blame on the lack of dedicated servers. Some games it takes me one shot with a Barrett/Intervention/WA2000 or M1014 shotgun to get a kill... some games it takes 2 or 3 shots (I've actually played games where I had dead on headshots and got absolutely nothing but my position compromised). The worst is when I start shooting someone, empty half a magazine into them without missing, but they just turn around and shoot me dead with like 1 or 2 shots.

Overall though I just don't see how anyone can say MAG is such a greater game than MW2. MAG is not an easy game to pick up. You are started out on the worst part of the game and have to invest hours just to open up basic crap that any other online FPS gives you right off the bat. Maybe you just suck at MW2. It's not that hard to counteract killstreaks if you set up your classes the right way.

I hear ya and I agree with some of what you're saying.

I didn't even touch on server/hosting issues, but that's another gripe of mine with MW2, and another way in which MAG is clearly superior. Also a lot less cheaters and glitchers in MAG.

And I agree with some of your criticisms of MAG. You do start off in the crappy smaller game-mode (which is still almost 3x bigger than MW2 games), and there is definitely a steeper learning curve to it. The lack of tutorials or training modes doesn't help that. But that's part of what appeals to me. I don't want my game to be "easy". I love the challenge of going against an organized enemy, where you have to adapt your tactics and find their weakness. MW2 just seems mindless in comparison IMO.

And no, I don't suck at MW2 (1.85 KDR). I think the killstreaks pretty much ruined the great gameplay from the first MW. It encourages camping and selfish gameplay, which I find boring.

Loved the first Ghost Recon on the original xbox. Didn't enjoy any of the sequels this generation.

I hear ya and I agree with some of what you're saying.

I didn't even touch on server/hosting issues, but that's another gripe of mine with MW2, and another way in which MAG is clearly superior. Also a lot less cheaters and glitchers in MAG.

And I agree with some of your criticisms of MAG. You do start off in the crappy smaller game-mode (which is still almost 3x bigger than MW2 games), and there is definitely a steeper learning curve to it. The lack of tutorials or training modes doesn't help that. But that's part of what appeals to me. I don't want my game to be "easy". I love the challenge of going against an organized enemy, where you have to adapt your tactics and find their weakness. MW2 just seems mindless in comparison IMO.

And no, I don't suck at MW2 (1.85 KDR). I think the killstreaks pretty much ruined the great gameplay from the first MW. It encourages camping and selfish gameplay, which I find boring.

Loved the first Ghost Recon on the original xbox. Didn't enjoy any of the sequels this generation.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on MAG. But that's the beauty of it. You like what you like. :)

I will agree that playing with randoms, you get almost zero teamwork in TEAM deathmatch. But I pretty much exclusively play with a group of friends and we have gameplans for just about every map, we work as a team and cover each other... so maybe my experience with MW2 is different from yours in that regard. But I will agree that it encourages selfish play... I get really frustrated most of the time if I'm just playing with randoms, cuz they'll let someone run right up to me and stab me from behind just so they get that brief moment pause for an easier headshot...