Falcons' Nest: A Two-Deep Analysis of the Safeties

lol he said that Decoud has been a consitent starter since being drafted in 2008 and said should injury occur to the top two safeties on the list DeCoud could be counted on to come in and contribute..seriously? this guys needs to quit writing..he knows nothing about our roster...decoud wasnt a starter in 08 and the only battle for safety is between Moore and Coleman

shillinger_display_image.jpg?1275063909

WTF is wrong with Schillinger? He looks special.

Why the **** did they not let him retake his picture. Sheesh!

he hasn't taken one. They just photoshop his college bio pic on a red jersey before they take the official headshots. that's prolly not even his neck lol They do it every year with the rooks.

and whoever did the piece on our safties doesn't have a clue

The notion that DeCoud might be riding the bench is kind of far fetched after he was named Defensive MVP of the team last year by Mike Smith.

I agree 100% that if we look at Smitty's ctions it can dismiss some of the nonsense we hear ou there about players.

For instance, Smitty plays some players far more snaps than others. If you have a player logging the 3rd highest amount of snaps on a position say....well, as DL let's say, it would be flat out silly to suggest that player was lazy.

I agree with you 100%, Smitty's actions and how he plays players tells us far more than the nonsesne we can see floating arounf out there about players.

I agree 100% that if we look at Smitty's ctions it can dismiss some of the nonsense we hear ou there about players.

For instance, Smitty plays some players far more snaps than others. If you have a player logging the 3rd highest amount of snaps on a position say....well, as DL let's say, it would be flat out silly to suggest that player was lazy.

I agree with you 100%, Smitty's actions and how he plays players tells us far more than the nonsesne we can see floating arounf out there about players.

I see what you did there. LOL.

I'll agree with you in this sense. Jamaal got all those snaps last year because there weren't enough guys outplaying him to take the snaps away. Bierman was outstanding in stretches, but he also got pushed around and was invisible in stretches as well. JA was stout against the run at DE and got good penetration on occassion from the DT position. That is more than you can say for several guys in that rotation.

Edited by Peyton

Not to pile on the guy who wrote this article cause he seems like a nice guy, but he is working on a series of articles of the "Falcons 50 Most Memorable Games".

He had the Falcons 2008 win over the Bears at number 41.

So, I don't think the guy has his finger exactly on the pulse of the Falcons fanbase, that's for sure. I ranked that game number 8 when I did the "20 Greatest Falcons Games of All Time" and most people told me number 8 was too low.

By comparison, he had the meaningless finale against Seattle in 07 as the number 36 most memorable game. Me thinks he should rethink his rankings.

Edited by Peyton