Spencer Adkins

hawkeye

After this year Peterson will probably be gone. Will Adkins be ready to step up? Because if not we might have

to draft another OLB 1st rd. I see Wire as ST and backup. Do yall think Adkins or Wire are ready to be full time

starters or would you rather have a T. Lewis, K. Sheppard, G. Jones, or Q. Sturdivant?(B. Carter will be gone)

Seems to me the Falcons are gearing up for stopping the pass more than anything. If thats so, we wont need another lB chosen with a high draft pick because he wont see the field in long third down situations, we will be playing a lot of nickel and dime formations.

Our next priority is to work on our lines, especially if we dont solve the pass rush problem this year.

So, Nicholas wasn't productive enough in his first year starting for you guys? I thought he was.

I thought he was okay and will be better this season. Kind of why I'm confused about using a 1st round pick to replace Peterson. Peterson might have another season in him due to not being on the field as much this year.

Let me start it off with this... I like Spencer Adkins... I was told that Spencer Adkins has looked solid during the min-camp and OTA's... He looked much improved... I think Adkins is a year away from being able to challenge for playing time.

I like Stephen Nicholas... i think the guy played good last year but im hearing from some that Spoon will be on the field for Nicholas more then Peterson... I think thats more about loyalty or Peterson leadership then his play....

I like Coy Wire but he is not a starter. The guy is a good ST but he is also 31 years old (not the future) ...

I think this year will determine allot.... If Nicholas take more snaps then Pterson and impress... We will sign him to an extension...

We will see what happens.... I think Nicholas can be an impact LB if we use him the right way (blitzing more) ...

Let me start it off with this... I like Spencer Adkins... I was told that Spencer Adkins has looked solid during the min-camp and OTA's... He looked much improved... I think Adkins is a year away from being able to challenge for playing time.

I like Stephen Nicholas... i think the guy played good last year but im hearing from some that Spoon will be on the field for Nicholas more then Peterson... I think thats more about loyalty or Peterson leadership then his play....

I like Coy Wire but he is not a starter. The guy is a good ST but he is also 31 years old (not the future) ...

I think this year will determine allot.... If Nicholas take more snaps then Pterson and impress... We will sign him to an extension...

We will see what happens.... I think Nicholas can be an impact LB if we use him the right way (blitzing more) ...

I agree. Nicholas is a good pass rusher and he covers the flats against running backs well. Adkins hardly started in college so I don't get the hype for the guy. He's athletically gifted but I imagine there were reasons he didn't start at the U. But I suppose there were also reasons he was the only player from his class drafted as well.

I'm sure they see something in him, I just don't know how much more than special teams it is. And sometimes players impress more than expected, TD said Owens was drafted to be a NB but over played expectations.

I thought he was okay and will be better this season. Kind of why I'm confused about using a 1st round pick to replace Peterson. Peterson might have another season in him due to not being on the field as much this year.

Even though he was OK, but their looking for better than OK

I agree. Nicholas is a good pass rusher and he covers the flats against running backs well. Adkins hardly started in college so I don't get the hype for the guy. He's athletically gifted but I imagine there were reasons he didn't start at the U. But I suppose there were also reasons he was the only player from his class drafted as well.

I'm sure they see something in him, I just don't know how much more than special teams it is. And sometimes players impress more than expected, TD said Owens was drafted to be a NB but over played expectations.

I think its Adkins untapped potential.... Some experts said miami missed used him.... The guy was a high recruit coming out of highschool... Miami has been LB U for the last couple of years so to get him on the field .. They played the guy as a pass rushing DE.

The Steelers,Colts , and Giants wanted Adkins... Thats the reason why we didnt stick him on the PS last year... That and he impressed the coaches enough.

The guy is untapped talent.. The Coaches and GM think they have a player...Even if its just as a ST ace..... We will see what happens.

We are in good shape with Nicholas, Spoon and Lofton. Adkins, Wire are good

depth and Peterson will continue to start until somebody beats him out. That

could very well be at training camp. That young core of linebackers is going

to be very athletic and fast. I think I am ready for them now. If somebody

looks shaky put Peterson in and let him re-group for a few plays then send him

back in.

It's a 0% chance that we draft another LB in round 1.

Just think about it. All 3 LBers do not play 3 downs. Unless we are going to try to replace Lofton, which is not possible, I don't think it is any chance.

We can't have a superstar at every position on defense. LB is one position that it really isn't needed as much anyway. Anybody who thinks Nicholas should replaced is sipping on some bad cool aid. He wasn't at a Pro Bowl level, but man he was extremely solid.

He was our best blitzing LB last year and seemed like he was the best guy in coverage towards the end of the year. I actually thought he played MUCH better than Peterson over the course of the entire year.

The point is, just say no to another LB. Especially if Nicholas is still on this team.

Just think about it. All 3 LBers do not play 3 downs. Unless we are going to try to replace Lofton, which is not possible, I don't think it is any chance.

We can't have a superstar at every position on defense. LB is one position that it really isn't needed as much anyway. Anybody who thinks Nicholas should replaced is sipping on some bad cool aid. He wasn't at a Pro Bowl level, but man he was extremely solid.

He was our best blitzing LB last year and seemed like he was the best guy in coverage towards the end of the year. I actually thought he played MUCH better than Peterson over the course of the entire year.

The point is, just say no to another LB. Especially if Nicholas is still on this team.

...and some guys forget that Nicholas registered a sack from the DE position in his second year on this team...

most people look at stats and because Nicholas doesn't have a lot of tackles people assume he wasn't good but he's the best blitzing LB we got and his job really is to take on blockers. one thing I can say, if a runner gets in Nick's grasp ... he's going down cause he rarely misses tackles.

I don't think we'll need a LBer in the draft next season. As of today we have Peterson, Lofton, and Weatherspoon starting. The LBers we currently have behind them are Nicholas, Adkins, Wire, James, Bear Woods, and Weston Johnson.

Stephen Nicholas - He was already a very serviceable starter, he's still very young and hungry. Given a year to learn and develop, he would definitely at least compete for the starting job.

Coy Wire - Serviceable backup with starting experience. He'll compete, but I don't see him winning the starting job.

Spencer Adkins - Still raw but will get another year of development. He's very hard to judge because we haven't seen him in enough action.

Robert James - Unless he has put on significant weight, I don't think he has the size to be a starting LBer. I thought he would convert to Safety. I do look forward to seeing him in the preseason.

Bear Woods - I think he'll go to the Practice Squad this season but he strikes me as the type that's going to work his butte off to prove himself. He could possibly be a backup by next season, but way too raw to make the roster this season.

Weston Johnson - I'd be surprised if he makes the roster or Practice Squad.

I don't think we'll need a LBer in the draft next season. As of today we have Peterson, Lofton, and Weatherspoon starting. The LBers we currently have behind them are Nicholas, Adkins, Wire, James, Bear Woods, and Weston Johnson.

Stephen Nicholas - He was already a very serviceable starter, he's still very young and hungry. Given a year to learn and develop, he would definitely at least compete for the starting job.

Coy Wire - Serviceable backup with starting experience. He'll compete, but I don't see him winning the starting job.

Spencer Adkins - Still raw but will get another year of development. He's very hard to judge because we haven't seen him in enough action.

Robert James - Unless he has put on significant weight, I don't think he has the size to be a starting LBer. I thought he would convert to Safety. I do look forward to seeing him in the preseason.

Bear Woods - I think he'll go to the Practice Squad this season but he strikes me as the type that's going to work his butte off to prove himself. He could possibly be a backup by next season, but way too raw to make the roster this season.

Weston Johnson - I'd be surprised if he makes the roster or Practice Squad.

This is based on your opiion right. The team has not made any type of anouncement about Nicholas being replaced in the lineup or that 'Spoon" is a starter at any position. Nicholas, Lofton and Peterson are still the starters until an official change is made.

This is based on your opiion right. The team has not made any type of anouncement about Nicholas being replaced in the lineup or that 'Spoon" is a starter at any position. Nicholas, Lofton and Peterson are still the starters until an official change is made.

I have not seen any official announcement or new depth chart. I did read an article that said Spoon was taking the snaps with the first team defense at both OLB positions and I read a quote by Mike Smith saying that they expect him to be a 4 down LBer including special teams.

I have not seen any official announcement or new depth chart. I did read an article that said Spoon was taking the snaps with the first team defense at both OLB positions and I read a quote by Mike Smith saying that they expect him to be a 4 down LBer including special teams.

Spoon has taken snaps at both OLB with the 2nd team... not first.... The only 1st team snaps he may have taken is with the Dime Defense.

But yea... He is not a 1st team guy yet.... I think he will take snaps from Peterson and Nicholas during the season.

we know that

After this year Peterson will probably be gone. Will Adkins be ready to step up? Because if not we might have

to draft another OLB 1st rd. I see Wire as ST and backup. Do yall think Adkins or Wire are ready to be full time

starters or would you rather have a T. Lewis, K. Sheppard, G. Jones, or Q. Sturdivant?(B. Carter will be gone)

I don't think either of those guys are full time starters. Wire will turn 32 this year, I don't think he is any type of replacement for the long-term. Sure Nicholas will have had some experience as a starter and I think if Lofton continues to improved and Weatherspoon turns out to be what we hope he can be then I see no problem with an "Average" LB like Nicholas starting. I think Nicholas would be the next guy in line. Adkins is a special teamer at this point and I think age is working against Wire.