RapidReports: Saturday, May 29, 2010

atljbo

RapidReports

12:14 pm Eyes will be on SS William Moore and CB Dunta Robinson, as well as CB Brian Williams, to see if they can truly aid a secondary that finished 28th in pass defense in the NFL a year ago. "I think the defensive back group as a whole is going to be the most watched this offseason," coach Mike Smith said.

12:12 pm As the team's second-round pick in 2009, SS William Moore said he's looking at the positives after barely playing any during his injury-plagued rookie season. "I had high expectations of myself and I know Falcons fans did too," he said. "But I do feel I get another chance to prove that I'm the playmaking safety they drafted last year."

12:11 pm While spending most of his rookie season rehabbing, SS William Moore said he devoted most of his time to getting back in game shape. "I didn't have an offseason, I stayed here," he said. "I got in the film room every single day, got in the weight room every day just to get back onto the field."

12:10 pm Whereas last year he was participating at both SS and FS, SS William Moore said he is only seeing time at SS. Erik Coleman is the starter there.

12:09 pm After suffering knee and hamstring injuries in 2009 that put him on the injured reserve list, and then a minor pectoral injury before the start of minicamp, SS William Moore was finally able to return and participate in OTAs, beginning this past Tuesday. Moore said he is "absolutely 100 percent."

Yea.. Willie Mo knows that the fans want to see that jr year impact safety.

Hopefully so. Remember that DeCoud barely played his rookie year (and I hated on him for that) then came in and played lights out. Really wanna know how Moore plays getting the whole year of prep.

Hopefully so. Remember that DeCoud barely played his rookie year (and I hated on him for that) then came in and played lights out. Really wanna know how Moore plays getting the whole year of prep.

Difference is that DeCoud got to practice all year too...Moore didnt/hasnt.

Yup.. technically Moore played more then Decoud (rookie seasons) ... William Moore actually got some in game snaps (Chicago game).... Decoud didnt get any... just ST for a few games...

Moore just has to stay healthy and do his thing.

Wait a minute... Is this the guy who's "heart wasn't into it" a few weeks ago? Weren't people saying illish things about him? Guess you can't believe every negative thing you read on a message board. Good thing for us.

I was saying the same thing man...lol..

I am eager to see what Willy Mo will do at this level. Dude was a beast at Mizzou. I know from a personal level that injuries can take awhile to come back from in sport, more mentally then physically in the long term.

I am thinking positively and am feeling optimistic about how Willy Mo will do in 2010. I think our corners have improved and so has our LB coverage with spoon. A combination of that and gettings some pressure on the opposing QB should make his job even easier.

All I know is that nobody with a 28th ranked pass d won anything. So I am glad they are putting in their work and have healthy competition.

We probably have the most interchangeable trio of safeties in the league. All 3 of them can play any spot.

Don't forget Brian Williams can play both safety positions as well. Talk about depth this year. We are stacked just about everywhere except DE.

Erik Coleman, say hello to your replacement.

Wait a minute... Is this the guy who's "heart wasn't into it" a few weeks ago? Weren't people saying illish things about him? Guess you can't believe every negative thing you read on a message board. Good thing for us.

Yeah I remember that and DR. Billings was one of those cats talking illish LOL