Really Yahoo? #6 worst franchise in all of sports?

RIfalcon

The Steelers went 25 years between playoff appearances (1947-1972) and only had 1 in their first 39 years of existence, didn't win their first championship until their 42nd. Now they have more championships than anyone. I wouldn't sweat it. We will make our mark this decade.

Pretty much the entire list is ******** or is based solely on financials. As much as I hate the Bucs, even they aren't the 5th worst franchise in Sports, they have a championship while teams like the Detroit Lions aren't even on the list?

Sorry I even wasted my time looking at that list.

They are probably basing it on the original Smith era run franchise and rightfully so. There were a couple of playoff runs in the 80's and 90's and then the Super Bowl and some great individual players, but never a consistent winning TEAM.

The Blank era had some quick success and looked to be on the right track then derailed quickly as well...but now we are in great shape for long term WINNING.

Now we have the foundation laid to become a year in year out winning team and it keeps getting stronger.

It started with Burner and Matt, it's gonna be a good year for this team!

Um...unless I'm missing something, this article just appears to be taking the 3 teams in each league with the worst win percentage and ordering them by that.

In compiling our list, we measured the win-loss percentage for each active franchise in the NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB; we looked at points-percentage in hockey. This allowed us to compare teams across leagues. We pulled out the worst three teams in each league, then ranked them 1-12.

Besides, the article is titled "most loosing team" not "worst franchise".

Um...unless I'm missing something, this article just appears to be taking the 3 teams in each league with the worst win percentage and ordering them by that.

Besides, the article is titled "most loosing team" not "worst franchise".

Exactly. They took the 3 teams from each major sport, Football, Baseball, Basketball and

hockey and listed their all time winning pcts. It is was it is.

Wonder why they settled on 12 teams, Why not expand it to 16 teams? That way the Saints

make this list with a winning pct of .421. ;)

Really they should have made it ANYWAY! Everybody just forgets the decades of mediocrity when you win 1 championship though...But yet they put 2 Tampa teams that won championships on the list. Idk what they were thinking with this list. <_<

Really they should have made it ANYWAY! Everybody just forgets the decades of mediocrity when you win 1 championship though...But yet they put 2 Tampa teams that won championships on the list. Idk what they were thinking with this list. <_<

They are going by overall winning pcts, not one good season. Yes the Bucs won a SB,

but lets not forget the 0-26 slump they were once mired in. :ph34r: