[REC] 2 Trailer

Man, I don't care what anyone says.... REC = Quarantine....there is zero difference except different actors and a different language. That is all. I watched REC expecting something much scarier and there was NOTHING any different about it except I had to read subtitles.

Quarantine is an emotionless, lifeless movie, and it's a remake, so it's always going to be worse. Remaking a film is pointless if you're going to remake every scene exactly to a T.

[REC] just FELT more real to me. The two looked virtually the same, but [REC], being the original work, had more life to it. I think maybe it was partially due to the fact that it was a foreign film, and I was more engaged because I did have to read subtitles and try to discern the emotion more since it was a foreign language.

Plus, Quarantine had a lot more shakiness to it than the original. [REC] had a lot of it obviously, but they were more generous with it than the Quarantine director was.

Anyone who has seen Rec, and I'm talking about the real, Spanish movie Rec, not the crappy American remake Quarantine, then you know that it was one of the best horror films ever.

Here's the trailer for [REC] 2

Fixed that for you. I can't wait for this. [REC] vies with Exorcist III as the scariest movie I've ever seen. I've watched parts of Quarantine, and I agree it was awful, even though it's a shot for shot remake. The she-creature in the penthouse at the end of the movie is hands down the scariest creature I've ever seen in a movie. That entire sequence is masterfully done. Obvious silence of the lambs influence with the night vision, but it takes on a life of its own.

Anyone who has seen Rec, and I'm talking about the real, Mexican movie Rec, not the crappy American remake Quarantine, then you know that it was one of the best horror films ever.

Here's the trailer for [REC] 2

I've seen both versions and while [Rec] is clearly superior, I wouldn't call Quarantine crappy, it's **** near the exact same movie just with different actors.

Edit:

Man, I don't care what anyone says.... REC = Quarantine....there is zero difference except different actors and a different language. That is all. I watched REC expecting something much scarier and there was NOTHING any different about it except I had to read subtitles.

Didn't see this til I posted but I agree 100%. But [Rec] wins out for being the original to me.