Scientist injects himself with a computer virus.

Some of you laughed hard at me on another thread about everyone having chip implants one day. Keep laughing.

well that will happen in some capacity, but on what level we don't truly know. i know back in 2004 the FDA approved chip implants for humans. I know one such chip being worked would control sugar levels for people who have diabetes using a self implanted insulin pump (external pumps have been available for years, but you don't have the chip intelligence that automates it). They mention pace makers in the video and it's something not to be ignored.

SCIENTIST INJECTS HIMSELF WITH A COMPUTER VIRUS!!! OMG!!!

Interesting video and certainly a topic worthy of discussion--however:

Although the title of the story is certainly an attention getter, it's completely misleading (what??? a catchy but inaccurate story title designed by the media to entice viewers to watch????....say it ain't so!!!!)

The reality is this:

The scientist injected himself with a chip. Period.

The chip had the virus. Period.

The computer virus did not cross the technology/human barrier and resequence or remap his genome.

It didn't infect the scientist with any virus, biological or logical illness, bacterial infection, Trojan horse or worm.

It didn't crash his nervous/circulatory/respiratory systems, or make him impotent (it didn't crash his hard drive) although it might have irritated his skin.

The scientist would have achieved the same results if he had 'implanted' the chip in his bologna sandwich and waved the sandwich near the chip reader. The virus was transferred from one technology to another: not from technology to human to technology: the scientist merely served as the carrier (much like an email/attachment/or the postman.)

Yawn. cool.gif

well that will happen in some capacity, but on what level we don't truly know. i know back in 2004 the FDA approved chip implants for humans. I know one such chip being worked would control sugar levels for people who have diabetes using a self implanted insulin pump (external pumps have been available for years, but you don't have the chip intelligence that automates it). They mention pace makers in the video and it's something not to be ignored.

They have had SCS for a while, Spinal cord stimulators and also pain pumps for pain where they pump drugs directly in the spine. Thru my back problems, I have learned alot of people have had this. So a chip implant would make sense in time. ;) Great way to pass a virus off to systems though. Talk about hidden.

Guess the Bionic man could get the Love bug virus or give it. :P

Edited by nativefalcon

While I think Child molesters should never see the outside of a prison once convicted, I realize they release them every day. So I would love to see them implanted with a tracking chip so they can never truly run or hide.

better yet....how about a chip that zaps a thousand volts into their manhood if it decides to rise?