CBS Sports: Abe Overrated & Babs Underrated

JayOzOne

Let's hope Abe reads that site. This should light a fire under him. But it's good to see Babs getting noticed outside of TATF for once.

Atlanta Falcons

Overrated: DE John Abraham. He was in this spot last year, and he lived up to it with a disappointing season. He isn't a premier pass rusher anymore.

Underrated:Interwebs Linkage DT Jonathan Babineaux. He was one of their best defensive players in 2009. When first-round pick Peria Jerry went down early in the season, Babineaux played even better.

I really dont care what Pete Prisco thinks about our awesome pass rusher. Sacks aren't the only thing that matter. Abe does a great job of getting pressure and with a better secondary holding their receivers for a bit longer and us getting Babs some more help up the middle Abe will get his sacks.

I think that them saying ABE is over-rated is rubbish sure he had a down season last year but if they add his sack numbers over the last 2 years he's in the 11 sack a year range hardly over-rated and I wonder if those Donkeys take into account the injuries on our Defense last year.If they take the above into account theres no way Abe is over-rated.

As for Babs well he's been a hidden GEM for a few years now and thank god we have him locked up for a few more years yet.We just need PJ next to him to have the same impact and that D-line will become really good.

No surprise about Babs. He has been ballin for a while now. Abe had alot of pressures last year but due to a weak push from the inside he wasnt able to put up big sack numbers. I can live with that. Wit Jerry back and Babs playing light out again, I beleive his sack numbers will pick up. Our defense will be the x-factor next season. We were still a top ten run stopping defense with all those injuries. With a strong secondary now and players back off injuries, I see our DEFENSE scoring alot of points. Yeah I said it!!!

Edited by Falcon Fantom

I remember that about Abe last year too. I can't remember the underrated. I don't think he is he just didn't

have the sack #'s, but Smitty said that he had a lot of pressures on the QB tho.

Abe got close a bunch, if he had help, I bet there would have been more sacks. If the pocket is collapsing on his side and there is no pressure on the opposite side, where is the QB going to go? DUH to that side, why Abe needs help, its a Pincer action, he goes to one side or other, hes going down. One side most of the time didn't have much pressure and it was not Johns side. ;)

Let's hope Abe reads that site. This should light a fire under him. But it's good to see Babs getting noticed outside of TATF for once.

Atlanta Falcons

Overrated: DE John Abraham. He was in this spot last year, and he lived up to it with a disappointing season. He isn't a premier pass rusher anymore.

Underrated:Interwebs Linkage DT Jonathan Babineaux. He was one of their best defensive players in 2009. When first-round pick Peria Jerry went down early in the season, Babineaux played even better.

I would have to agree on some levels.

Last year Abraham didnt play up to his potential and lack of pressure from the inside may have had something to do with it.

If it wasnt for the plays where he didnt play with a low pad level, missed tackles or just got held up by a OT (any premier DE will have the ability to disengage from OT's), I would have labelled this as being ludacris.

But last year, besides the first 2-3 games, Abraham did not play up to his potential. Plain and simple.