NFC South Chat, ESPN -- Pat Y.

Ric Roc

Graham (Macon)

Roddy White says Matt Ryan would be a Pro Bowler this year and throw 30TD's. *IF* he has a healthy and effective Turner and Douglas for the whole season and nothing else obscure happens to his other two favorites would you take the over or under on 30?

Pat Yasinskas

(1:02 PM)

I'd take the over -- IF those guys all stay healthy.

William Moore (Atlanta)

There have been reports saying I'm balling at the Falcons OTA's . What are the chances that i start this year ?

Pat Yasinskas

(1:08 PM)

Falcons want you to start. Keep doing what you're doing and it'll probably happen.

Michael (SC)

Do you think the Falcons will be able to do anything with Jamaal Anderson ?

Pat Yasinskas

(1:12 PM)

May rotate him between DE and DT again. But I also see a scenario where they just cut him if he doesn't have a good training camp and other guys are stepping up on the rest of the DL.

Brad (Lake Oconee, Ga.)

Given the recent pick for the Superbowl in NY/NJ is there any reason to believe, statistically speaking, that an NFC South team would be at a disadvantage?

Pat Yasinskas

(1:13 PM)

Not saying that couldn't win a cold-weather game, but Saints are kind of the ultimate dome team. Atlanta's got a little of that, too. Also, look up Tampa Bay's historical record in cold-weather games. It's not at all pretty.

Alan (Atlanta)

Pat, love the articles and i am a daily reader when my boss is not around. My big question heading into training camp is if second year DE Sidbury will become a staple on the d-line. Do you see him breaking in at LE or does Chauncy have that on the lock, i like Sidbury's speed and motor and we already have a capable role guy in Bierman at RE, do you see Sidbury making the move?

Pat Yasinskas

(1:18 PM)

Think you're gonna see a lot of rotating on DL. Davis may play a lot on early downs. But think you'll see lots of Biermann and Sidbury in passing situations. Falcons clearly need to get better on pass rush and they didn't make any dramatic moves in free agency or the draft in that regard. They obviously are counting on those two guys taking big steps.

Vinnie (ATL)

What do you think of Blank's posturing for a new stadium? ATL has been hit hard by the economy, and I do not think taxpayers should shell out 1 dime for a stadium to make Blank richer.

Pat Yasinskas

(1:23 PM)

Probably not the best time for any team to be looking for new stadium. Also, the labor uncertainty is a real issue here. Think any city or government would be foolish to commit big money to a stadium until the CBA is resolved.

Matt (ATL)

Has the time of Brian Finneran passed to a rookie and another villanova undrafted free agent, or will the falcons still keep him around one more year?

Pat Yasinskas

(1:36 PM)

I think Finn's got another year left in him.

ATLJBO (Atlanta)

Ive heard nothing but good things about the Falcons DB's.... How do you think the Falcons secondary will look ?

Pat Yasinskas

(1:41 PM)

Like it a lot. Think it's gone from a weakness to a strength. Lots of talent back there.

King ([via mobile])

Who has created the biggest buzz during the Falcons mini-camp or OTA's ?

Pat Yasinskas

(1:58 PM)

Michael Turner -- because he's in shape this year.

Do you think the Falcons will be able to do anything with Jamaal Anderson ?

Pat Yasinskas

(1:12 PM)

May rotate him between DE and DT again. But I also see a scenario where they just cut him if he doesn't have a good training camp and other guys are stepping up on the rest of the DL.

I agree with Pat on this one. I can't see JA98 making the team before the season begins.

The drafting of Biermann and then us getting Sidbury last year says a lot.

I agree with Pat on this one. I can't see JA98 making the team before the season begins.

The drafting of Biermann and then us getting Sidbury last year says a lot.

Same thing I said. I don't think he'll make it out of training camp.