Rank 'Em!

Durrty

Just something to pass the time...of course most of you know, NFL.com has a feature where you can rank all 32 NFL teams for their "32 Teams in 32 Days" segment. So, I thought I'd bring it to the AFMB. Just an early offseason assessment...how would you rank the NFL's 32 right now??? Post yours here.

• 1. Colts
    2. Patriots
    3. Saints
    4. Vikings
    5. Cowboys
    6. Ravens
    7. Falcons
    8. Chargers
    9. Packers
    10. Jets
    11. Steelers
    12. Bengals
    13. Giants
    14. Texans
    15. Dolphins
    16. Broncos
    17. 49ers
    18. Titans
    19. Redskins
    20. Eagles
    21. Bears
    22. Cardinals
    23. Jaguars
    24. Lions
    25. Chiefs
    26. Seahawks
    27. Buccaneers
    28. Panthers
    29. Rams
    30. Raiders
    31. Bills
    32. Browns

1. Saints

2. Colts

3. Vikings

4. Jets

5. Cowboys

6. Ravens

7. Falcons

8. Chargers

9. Packers

10. Pats

11. Steelers

12. Bengals

13. Giants

14. Texans

15. Dolphins

16. Broncos

17. 49ers

18. Titans

19. Redskins

20. Eagles

21. Bears

22. Cardinals

23. Jaguars

24. Lions

25. Chiefs

26. Seahawks

27. Buccaneers

28. Panthers

29. Rams

30. Raiders

31. Bills

32. Browns

You can hate the Saints all you want, but until someone beats them, they have to be #1.

Not necessarily true...if that's the case, then the Cowboys should be at the top...they beat you pretty bad last year.

7 points isn't bad...

what we did to the Colts is bad.

If that's the case shouldn't you be around 15 or 16?

Edited by bush4life

7 points isn't bad...

what we did to the Colts is bad.

If that's the case shouldn't you be around 15 or 16?

I'm not the one who said it, you did. :D

Also, the score read seven points, but the Cowboys DL was giving your OL and Brees the bizness.

The Saints are 3rd on my list because that defense overachieved and a lot of teams are focused in on what you're doing now. I expect a dropoff from last year's performance. Plus, you can't count out the Patriots even when they "appear" to have holes. Belichick has always made something out of nothing when it came to how he matched his defense against opposing offenses. Plus, they have a QB named Tom Brady.

1. Saints

2. Colts

3. Vikings

4. Chargers

5. Falcons

6. Packers

7. Ravens

8. Jets

9. Cowboys

10.Bengals

11.Patriots

12.Eagles

13.Steelers

14.Giants

15.Dolphins

16.Panthers

17.49ers

18.Texans

19.Titans

20.Redskins

21.Broncos

22.Bears

23.Cardinals

24.Jaguars

25.Seahawks

26.Chiefs

27.Browns

28.Buccaneers

29.Lions

30.Raiders

31.Bills

32.Rams

It's all in fun. Some of this is based on last year - some on off season acquisitions or losses and some on schedule.

I'm not the one who said it, you did. :D

Also, the score read seven points, but the Cowboys DL was giving your OL and Brees the bizness.

The Saints are 3rd on my list because that defense overachieved and a lot of teams are focused in on what you're doing now. I expect a dropoff from last year's performance. Plus, you can't count out the Patriots even when they "appear" to have holes. Belichick has always made something out of nothing when it came to how he matched his defense against opposing offenses. Plus, they have a QB named Tom Brady.

The pats are old and sorry, And I hate to do this B4life is right there #1 until someone beat them.

After the Falcons season opener of course, the next match up I'm looking forward to is the Saints season opener against the Vikings. Brees is gonna have pretty big target on him from the Purple people eaters following on from the NFC championship bitterness. Regardless of how much they want to say its a new season. There are a few scores to settle and the league didn't waste any time in setting up a marquee event to launch the season.

"X marks the spot," Sharper posted, referring to Favre's ankle. He added: "I've seen him play on one leg, but not against the WHO DAT nation."

The Vikings, of course, came to Favre's defense.

"Sharper had surgery, too. And it was the knee," Shiancoe said. "So if 'X' marks the spot on Brett, I wonder what would mark the spot on Sharper? I know which one it is. I know exactly which one it is."

Shiancoe and Sharper remain friends, though, and Shiancoe said he believes Sharper was joking.

"They're NFL champions, but when a team plays you and has six turnovers and still is in it in the last series of the game, I wouldn't open my mouth too much," right guard Anthony Herrera said. "That's what every team does. It's nothing new. We'll see Sharp and we'll handle that when the time comes."

Fresnobee

Edited by DirtybirdUK23

1. Saints

2. Colts

3. Vikings

4. Ravens

5. Jets

6. Cowboys

7. Packers

8. Chargers

9. Pats

10. Falcons

11. Steelers

12. Dolphins

13. Giants

14. Bengals

15. Texans

16. 49ers

17. Broncos

18. Titans

19. Lions

20. Eagles

21. Redskins

22. Cardinals

23. Jaguars

24. Bears

25. Raiders

26. Seahawks

27. Chiefs

28. Panthers

29. Bucs

30. Bills

31. Rams

32. Browns

The pats are old and sorry, And I hate to do this B4life is right there #1 until someone beat them.

I think you are right. It is only fair to take that position. I would however like someone to explain why they shouldn't be ranked number one with an argument that doesn't involve "because they are the Saints".

My reason for why they are currently number 1 is based on the same logic that Tandy applied to their Rankings where had they had the Falcons at 5

Tandy

Posted Today, 03:05 PM Some of this is based on last year - some on off season acquisitions or losses and some on schedule.

Yes the Saints did lose Scott Fujita, and I think they will miss him more than perhaps some may care to admit for what he provided to the team, but in time a replacement will emerge or be acquired. Away from this though they haven't done anything to suggest that they can not be the number one team by logical choice. With that being said they like a few other teams considered to be in the title hunt may be without key personnel at the start of the season due to suspensions, and this may effect just how well of a start teams can make.

Reasons for why the Saints come the end of this season may not be in the Superbowl, without going into too much depth are that teams are going to be a year the wiser. Teams have stock piled on their aerial defences be it in the secondary or through the pass rush or both. In terms of personnel many teams the Saints have to face are going to be better prepared. Payton and Williams were very good at creatively giving their team the upper hand last year. But it will be a lot harder for them with a years worth of tape on what they do with their personnel and how they do it. And whilst I'm sure whilst they may come with a few new wrinkles and things on both sides of the ball this season, just like how teams were better prepared for the wild cat last year teams will be better prepared for the things that got the Saints to where they are.

As a closing point, as of the last few seasons at least, the Saints have been a team that has blown hot one year and cold the next. I'm not saying they'll have as cold a year as they have had in the past but even the Patriots (who have been the team of the past decade to be fair to them) can be dominant one year and be lukewarm the next, and as yet the Saints have not reached the level of consistency the the Patriots were once able to maintain as perennial AFC Championship contenders and Superbowl Contenders. In case anyone wants to argue that:-

Between 2000 - 2010

NE Patriots:

Playoff Appearances: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (7)

Divisional Championships: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (7)

Conference Championships: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007 (4)

Superbowl Championships: 2001, 2003, 2004 (3)

NO Saints:

Playoff Appearances: 2000, 2006, 2009 (3)

Divisional Championships: 2000, 2006, 2009 (3)

Conference Championships: 2009 (1)

Superbowl Championships: 2009 (1)

They are going in the right direction but they have a long way to go in establishing constant consistency that truly warrants them being one of the leagues top competitive teams year in and out.

And before any troll wants to call the Falcons out on their stats. Here they are, but at least we are realistic about what our franchises current position is without holding on to the short term.

ATL Falcons:

Playoff appearances: 2002, 2004, 2008 (3)

Divisional Championships: 2004 (1)

Conference Championships: (0)

Superbowl Championships: (0)

Those two big fat ZERO's better be motivating this team like nothing this year.

Edited by DirtybirdUK23

I think you are right. It is only fair to take that position. I would however like someone to explain why they shouldn't be ranked number one with an argument that doesn't involve "because they are the Saints".

My reason for why they are currently number 1 is based on the same logic that Tandy applied to their Rankings where had they had the Falcons at 5

Tandy

Posted Today, 03:05 PM Some of this is based on last year - some on off season acquisitions or losses and some on schedule./quote]

Yes the Saints did lose Scott Fujita, and I think they will miss him more than perhaps some may care to admit for what he provided to the team, but in time a replacement will emerge or be acquired. Away from this though they haven't done anything to suggest that they can not be the number one team by logical choice. With that being said they like a few other teams considered to be in the title hunt may be without key personnel at the start of the season due to suspensions, and this may effect just how well of a start teams can make.

Reasons for why the Saints come the end of this season may not be in the Superbowl, without going into too much depth are that teams are going to be a year the wiser. Teams have stock piled on their aerial defences be it in the secondary or through the pass rush or both. In terms of personnel many teams the Saints have to face are going to be better prepared. Payton and Williams were very good at creatively giving their team the upper hand last year. But it will be a lot harder for them with a years worth of tape on what they do with their personnel and how they do it. And whilst I'm sure whilst they may come with a few new wrinkles and things on both sides of the ball this season, just like how teams were better prepared for the wild cat last year teams will be better prepared for the things that got the Saints to where they are.

As a closing point, as of the last few seasons at least, the Saints have been a team that has blown hot one year and cold the next. I'm not saying they'll have as cold a year as they have had in the past but even the Patriots (who have been the team of the past decade to be fair to them) can be dominant one year and be lukewarm the next, and as yet the Saints have not reached the level of consistency the the Patriots were once able to maintain as perennial AFC Championship contenders and Superbowl Contenders. In case anyone wants to argue that:-

Between 2000 - 2010

NE Patriots:

Playoff Appearances: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (7)

Divisional Championships: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (7)

Conference Championships: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2007 (4)

Superbowl Championships: 2001, 2003, 2004 (3)

NO Saints:

Playoff Appearances: 2000, 2006, 2009 (3)

Divisional Championships: 2000, 2006, 2009 (3)

Conference Championships: 2009 (1)

Superbowl Championships: 2009 (1)

They are going in the right direction but they have a long way to go in establishing constant consistency that truly warrants them being one of the leagues top competitive teams year in and out.

And before any troll wants to call the Falcons out on their stats. Here they are, but at least we are realistic about what our franchises current position is without holding on to the short term.

ATL Falcons:

Playoff appearances: 2002, 2004, 2008 (3)

Divisional Championships: 2004 (1)

Conference Championships: (0)

Superbowl Championships: (0)

Those two big fat ZERO's better be motivating this team like nothing this year.

Nice post man, and I agree the Falcon's are rising..