Atlanta Falfons workout WR Jayson Foster

He's the same height/build as Darren Sprolls. If he can play at this level so can this guy. He's just as fast, elusive and has multiple skills to PR, KR, Wildcat, etc. Plus guys this small are harder to tackle and see behind bigger guys. That's why Dunn was so good getting through holes--by the time guys saw him he was through the hole. :lol:

Dude...Weems is a stop-gap player at best...Foster is a playmaker that needs a shot.

hahahaha

6 different teams completely disagree with you

Foster has been cut by 4 teams(one of them twice) in 2 years, and Weems has stuck through 2 different regimes on this team.

One guy has yet to play in an NFL game.

The other has played in 23 games, and is already one of the most effective returners in Falcon history.

And the coup de grace...Weems is YOUNGER than Foster.

He's the same height/build as Darren Sprolls. If he can play at this level so can this guy. He's just as fast, elusive and has multiple skills to PR, KR, Wildcat, etc. Plus guys this small are harder to tackle and see behind bigger guys. That's why Dunn was so good getting through holes--by the time guys saw him he was through the hole. :lol:

Warrick Dunn and Darren Sproles are good because they are Warrick Dunn and Darren Sproles.

He looks like a pop warner running around out there. But dude does have great skills. I have a feeling that it is his height and in ability to add substantial bulk to his frame that has held him back. Dude has the measurables. It's unfortunate when that happens, but every now and again one can make it.

Thinking of tiny players, do you guys remember Noel Devine, he's playing for West Virginia now. He was the kid that had one mad highlight reel with people saying he'd be better than Bush, he was heavily scouted by colleges. He'll be a senior this year so he'll be coming out next. I doubt he will be a guy the Falcons look at because one he doesn't have the character. He pleaded no contest to assault charges, he also did some stupid stuff involving taking Deion Sanders car when he was trying to run away. (He and Deion are very close) Away from that for the rest of the league, his size may be an issue, he doesn't play like a small guy in this highlight real below he drops an end and he puts a safety to the turf and you see him really powering through tackles and breaking them as well as his ridiculous elusive spark and ability to reverse the field (which will likely be limited in the NFL due to the greater speed of players across the field) He is 5ft 8 180lbs... He can however max out a power clean of 300 pounds, a 500-pound squat, a bench of 435 lbs., a 38-inch vertical leap, a 10-foot-7 inch broad jump, and a 4.04-second pro agility drill time.

I think he will be an interesting second to fourth round prospect.

2009 stats 241 carries 1,465 yards @ 6.1 yards a carry 13 TDs 22 recepections for 177 yards @ 8 yards a reception 1TD

He looks like a pop warner running around out there. But dude does have great skills. I have a feeling that it is his height and in ability to add substantial bulk to his frame that has held him back. Dude has the measurables. It's unfortunate when that happens, but every now and again one can make it.

Thinking of tiny players, do you guys remember Noel Devine, he's playing for West Virginia now. He was the kid that had one mad highlight reel with people saying he'd be better than Bush, he was heavily scouted by colleges. He'll be a senior this year so he'll be coming out next. I doubt he will be a guy the Falcons look at because one he doesn't have the character. He pleaded no contest to assault charges, he also did some stupid stuff involving taking Deion Sanders car when he was trying to run away. (He and Deion are very close) Away from that for the rest of the league, his size may be an issue, he doesn't play like a small guy in this highlight real below he drops an end and he puts a safety to the turf and you see him really powering through tackles and breaking them as well as his ridiculous elusive spark and ability to reverse the field (which will likely be limited in the NFL due to the greater speed of players across the field) He is 5ft 8 180lbs... He can however max out a power clean of 300 pounds, a 500-pound squat, a bench of 435 lbs., a 38-inch vertical leap, a 10-foot-7 inch broad jump, and a 4.04-second pro agility drill time.

2009 stats 241 carries 1,465 yards @ 6.1 yards a carry 13 TDs 22 recepections for 177 yards @ 8 yards a reception 1TD

Noel has some real skills...its hard to gauge how players will translate in option offenses into the NFL though, or translate from offenses centered around their skills into the NFL...ie Reginald Bush syndrome.

hahahaha

6 different teams completely disagree with you

Foster has been cut by 4 teams(one of them twice) in 2 years, and Weems has stuck through 2 different regimes on this team.

One guy has yet to play in an NFL game.

The other has played in 23 games, and is already one of the most effective returners in Falcon history.

And the coup de grace...Weems is YOUNGER than Foster.

No sir the coup de grace is that Weems needs to be replaced. Does not matter by whom. He sucks and takes up roster space. The only thing likeable about him is that the MB swoons over every back-up we have...oh yeah and he looks like T.I.

No sir the coup de grace is that Weems needs to be replaced. Does not matter by whom. He sucks and takes up roster space. The only thing likeable about him is that the MB swoons over every back-up we have...oh yeah and he looks like T.I.

Well, if he loses a roster spot or not, it wont be to Foster.

Weems can catch ok, cut block, and play special teams.

That, unfortunately, makes him a valuable member of the team.

Ryan Wolfe, Foster, or any other UDFA/FA's will have to have a decent combination of skills to be a 5th receiver on this roster...

Eric Weems far from sucks. He was a very good returner for us last season and can make some plays as a WR. I've been saying Foster was a nobody since people was all over him for no apparent reason when he came out of Southern. My sister went there when he was there and I saw alot of Eagles games and I knew he would be a nobody. he was the only guy that touched the ball for that team, besides the center of course. had to argue with alot of people about him but all he's done is prove me right lol

I live in Cape Coral, FL and personally know Noel Devine and IMHO I believe he will be a very dependable RB/KR once he's in the NFL

I live in Cape Coral, FL and personally know Noel Devine and IMHO I believe he will be a very dependable RB/KR once he's in the NFL

I'd like to see that, and I think the dude will be a steal. His body control is excellent, that stop spin and go on the sideline is homage to that. But as another poster said I think he may not go as high as he should because of the offence he is coming out of and how they may view him fitting with an NFL system. Sought of like what happened to Johnathan Dwyer coming out of the Triple Option(I think you may see a Michael Turner style emergence for Dwyer in a few years).

I do however believe as you said he can be a dependable RB and KR he has incredible sight and elusiveness. I haven't seen from footage that he has beat everyone speed but he certainly has a burst that gets you good field position or a big play if he does get caught His yards per carry showed this. I do think he will need to be part of a one two punch RB group though.