Shiancoe expects Favre back, warns Sharper on "X marks the spot"

Dirtybirdn@tion

Minnesota Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe thought the same thing everyone else thought when news surfaced that Brett Favre had ankle surgery last week: Favre is coming back.

"I think that's some promising news," Shiancoe said, per Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com. "Why's he getting ankle surgery? That's the first thing that came through my mind. Seems like he got it for the season, because that's what he needed to come back to the Vikings."

Shiancoe sounds thrilled to play with Favre again, even if he's going to have to wait until after training camp for Favre to arrive.

"It's like everything just jelled together once he came -- it was like he was the missing link almost. He basically brought out like the talent in a lot of guys on the team. People excelled through that -- he was almost like the orchestrator of this whole offense, and also, Favre brought up the morale of the team as well."

Responding to Saints safety Darren Sharper's "X marks the spot" comment about Favre's ankle, Shiancoe pointed out that he and his teammates could say the same about Sharper's knee.

"That's all good, but Sharper had surgery, too . . . and it was the knee," Shiancoe said. "If X makes the spot on Brett, I wonder what marks the spot on Sharper."

yea, alot of ppl are saying Saints were cheap, i call it smart, not often a rank 20ish D wins the Super Bowl....

I am old school tho, i am all for, if you cant beat um, beat um up...

G Williams must be a Glanville fan lol

and nah we are not dirty, in 90 91 92 and 93 , yea we were dirty, as dirty as Buddy Ball...

Bucs are , well were alot more dirty than we have been in 10 yrs +

here ya go, a glanville coached team lol

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=353

got it

GOT IT lol

Shaper responds.....

sharper42

So visanthe stankoe X marks the spot on me, how bout X marks the spot for how many catches and TDs you'll have come Thursday night. X = zero

sharper42 If you feeling yourself put your game check on it. No TDs and less than 3 catches you give me your game check. Now whose talking.

yea, alot of ppl are saying Saints were cheap, i call it smart, not often a rank 20ish D wins the Super Bowl....

I am old school tho, i am all for, if you cant beat um, beat um up...

AND LET ME ADD THIS: EVEN IF WE CAN BEAT'UM ... STILL BEAT'UM UP!

NO MATTER WHAT .... LEAVE'UM SOMETHING TO REMEMBER YOU BY. A BLOW TO

THE HEAD LEAVES A LASTING IMPRESSION! :lol:

Shaper responds.....

sharper42

So visanthe stankoe X marks the spot on me, how bout X marks the spot for how many catches and TDs you'll have come Thursday night. X = zero

sharper42 If you feeling yourself put your game check on it. No TDs and less than 3 catches you give me your game check. Now whose talking.

now see , this is uncalled for, why give them ammo ?????

we are talking about a very very good young TE going against a very very old safety that just had surgery .....

if i were dude i would take that bet... quick

Sharper needs to shut up and get his self ready to play, all he has to do is look at the History of NFC South, he needs to worry about that more than a TE in another Div....

and as far as game checks, hes lucky he got a check from Saints.... he dam sure didnt get the 1 he wanted either... there was a reason for that too...

Shaper responds.....

sharper42

Sharper is disillusion as the fan base is.

THE saints defense did VERY little to stop the vikes, I mean the vikes had nearly 500+, Sharper got toasted a couple if times.

When you barely eek out a win you dont go around that same other team ammo.

THE saints defense did VERY little to stop the vikes, I mean the vikes had nearly 500+, Sharper got toasted a couple if times.

I can't agree more.. The Saints were lucky more times than not last year. I'm 33 I've never seen a team catch as many breaks and end up winning it all.

Congrats to the Saints they won.. but that defense wasn't THAT good (or as most Saints fan would want you to believe) really it was part luck and they just had a knack for picking off alot of first year QB's and career back ups.

I don't care if it was the Panthers or Bucs that had the same type of Super Bowl run, I'd be preaching the same thing about them....

Honestly the luckiest S.B. winners I've ever seen and most people outside of the Nola area would tend to agree. Correct if you think I'm wrong..... Remember I'm only 33.....

I can't agree more.. The Saints were lucky more times than not last year. I'm 33 I've never seen a team catch as many breaks and end up winning it all.

Congrats to the Saints they won.. but that defense wasn't THAT good (or as most Saints fan would want you to believe) really it was part luck and they just had a knack for picking off alot of first year QB's and career back ups.

I don't care if it was the Panthers or Bucs that had the same type of Super Bowl run, I'd be preaching the same thing about them....

Honestly the luckiest S.B. winners I've ever seen and most people outside of the Nola area would tend to agree. Correct if you think I'm wrong..... Remember I'm only 33.....

Shrug we won the big game, not knocking you or anything, but we did beat 3 HOF qb's and picked them all off.

Old school NFL players from the 60's and 70's would probably think that the whining Viqueens are pansies for their incessant whining.

THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY THINK!!! :rolleyes:

Who knows what lerks in the hearts and minds of ex-NFL players??

THATS EXACTLY WHAT THEY THINK!!! :rolleyes:

Who knows what lerks in the hearts and minds of ex-NFL players??

If you look at some of the great defenses of that period, they weren't exactly angels of mercy.

Most defenses back then were out to bring the pain to the opposition,not play tiddly winks.

As a whole the NFL has taken away that no-holds-barred style of play away from todays defenses.

Funny stuff. A falclown fan calling "anyone" delusional. Let's see, when you eek out a win, you don't give the other team ammo, but when you eek out a loss,(Vikings) it's OK to do the same.... Yea, OK.

Funny stuff. A falclown fan calling "anyone" delusional. Let's see, when you eek out a win, you don't give the other team ammo, but when you eek out a loss,(Vikings) it's OK to do the same.... Yea, OK.

The Shaincoe was not the one who openly stated in public X marks the spot..that was SHARPER. a saints player.

Like I said the saints defense did little to nothing to stop the vikes, they piled up nearly 500 yards of offense had 31 first downs and averaged about 7 yards a play.

And Sharper himself was burned on SEVERAL plays. Shaincoe himself had 89 yards including a long of 26.

At no point did the saints defense do anything to slow the vikes.... nearly every turn over the vikes had were self induced ( Peterson even fumbled with out being touched).

If they saints want to say " yea but we won" fine, thats acceptable..... but for a defensive player for a team that got ran over, through,and aroound to talk any sort of smack id utterly dillusional. especially considering it took not one but TWO VERY questionable calls in OT to give the saints even a chance at a fg.

At no point did the saints defense do anything to slow the vikes.... nearly every turn over the vikes had were self induced ( Peterson even fumbled with out being touched).

Inaccurate. Hey, I get the hate, its reciprocated trust me, but at least give credit where its due. Most of the turnovers were obviously 'caused' by the D with strips, punches, and hits.

Only a couple of Peterson fumbles were inexplicable drops with no contact.

There is no way they get all the scores on defense this year and the more solid defense (the Falcons) will win the division.

Interestingly, the Saints D actually allowed less yards per play than the Falcons. They just had more plays run against them last year (probably due to teams playing catch up).

Looks like you guys better tighten up that D. :P

Interestingly, the Saints D actually allowed less yards per play than the Falcons. They just had more plays run against them last year (probably due to teams playing catch up).

Looks like you guys better tighten up that D. :P

Saints also had the 2nd ranked redzone defense, something WFL always seems to forget in his little rants. What were the Falcons ranked? That's right, nobody remembers ;)

BACK TO THE THREAD. IF X MARKS THE SPOT ON ANY OPPONENT,

WE INTEND TO TARGET THAT X. IS THIS DIRTY? IT VERY WELL

MAY BE, BUT THEN AGAIN ... WE JUST DON'T GIVE'AH. YOU MUST

REMEMBER WE'RE PLAYING FOOTBALL HERE. NONE OF OUR GUYS ARE

SOCIAL WORKERS. BUT WE DO INTEND TO SEND SOCIAL WORKERS

PLENTY OF BUSINESS. ARE WE HEARTLESS?? NO WE ARE NOT. THIS

IS JUST BUSINESS ... IT IS NOT PERSONAL. B)

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Responding to Saints safety Darren Sharper's "X marks the spot" comment about Favre's ankle, Shiancoe pointed out that he and his teammates could say the same about Sharper's knee.

"That's all good, but Sharper had surgery, too . . . and it was the knee," Shiancoe said. "If X makes the spot on Brett, I wonder what marks the spot on Sharper."

In Pig Latin I'd say U for USSYPAY for making a comment like that.:rolleyes: