Kerry Meier

Bring It

The more you learn about this great young guy the more convinced you are how he will be an awesome addition to the Falcons.

Just another TD kind of player.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2010/05/21-30/Position_switch_paves_way_for_Meier.aspx

nice read, bring it....

this guy will have to toil on special teams for a year or two but I think he could be a very good "glue player" on this team by year 3 if he progresses. Obviously he will have to make the team first but I think he will.

BTW, nice extra attribute is that he could be Falcons "emergency QB" should falcons ever get decimated by injuries at QB position (hope that never happens!!!)

Exactly.

Also, why carry 3 QB's on the 53 man roster ?? He could be the 3rd QB and allow another needed player to be added.

Food for thought.

Good thought. The playbook would have to be extremely vanilla at that point b/c I'd want him focused on the WR position, not the QB. But when you're looking at your 3rd string QB playing you're probably screwed anyway and the playbook should read...hand ball to Turner.

Good thought. The playbook would have to be extremely vanilla at that point b/c I'd want him focused on the WR position, not the QB. But when you're looking at your 3rd string QB playing you're probably screwed anyway and the playbook should read...hand ball to Turner.

laugh.giflaugh.gif Classic. (And not too far off the mark, more than likely.)

I am pumped to see Meier on the field. Dude seems special.

Here's a write up of how he did in '06 when he started at quarterback before Reesing took his job.

During the 2006 season, Meier started eight games at quarterback. He completed 104 of 184 pass attempts and threw for 1,193 yards, including a KU freshman record 13 touchdowns. Meier also finished second on the team with 346 rushing yards. He averaged 3.5 yards per carry and added five rushing touchdowns. Meier was named KU's Offensive Player of the Week following the Northwestern State and OSU games

I'm not advocating him being used as a quarterback but just wanted to show that he could actually do it if he had to and I think he has a better arm than JPW.

But he offers way more as a wide receiver than he ever could as a quarterback.