Atlanta Braves McCann questionable for Thursday with quad strain

R.C. Collins

Atlanta Braves McCann questionable for Thursday with quad strain

11:34 pm May 26, 2010, by Carroll Rogers

Miami – Brian McCann strained his right quadriceps muscle running the bases in the fourth inning Wednesday night and is questionable for Thursday’s series finale against the Marlins.

McCann tweaked the quadriceps running between first and second on Yunel Escobar’s lineout to center in the fourth. McCann played for three more innings but left the game after his run-scoring single in the seventh inning, worried he might aggravate it further.

“It’s a six-to-seven week thing if you tear so I’m going to be careful with it,” McCann said after the game. “I don’t want to pull it, so I’m going to hope to go. I’m going to show up tomorrow and hope to go.”

Troy Glaus also left the game in the seventh inning. Manager Bobby Cox said he’s been nursing a sore foot.

“I try to give him a breather as much as I can,” Cox said. “I hate to take him out because he’s turned into a real good defensive first baseman.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hate to see McCann hit a speed bump right when he is strating to show signs of resurgence.

I think we can count on McCann to get back in the groove sooner or later.

Without a doubt. I just hate it for him that he starts to get going a little bit and has some success to build on now and he may miss a game or two instead of getting it going even more.

I always believe Mac will turn any slump around and will be a great player for us. He is probably my favortie player on the team.