Kroy Biermann looks bigger ?

atljbo

Daniel Cox

falcons fans, i don't know what biermann weighs right now, but he looks stout, physically. looking solid and ready for double digit sacks

In a article Kroy said he was getting bigger and stronger for next year... Biermann said he wanted to be stronger against the run and stronger as a pass rusher... It looks like he did that.

Sidbury said he worked on getting stronger this year also (in a article).

Hopefully the MMA training help both take their games to the next level.... I'm excited to see what these 2 DE's will do this year.

I think our D-line will shock alot of people this season..And adding a speedster in Weatherspoon who can fly to the ball, I think we will be getting constant pressure....

I really do not care if Biermann gets double digit sacks, if he gets constant pressure, that will be better...

I think our D-line will shock alot of people this season..And adding a speedster in Weatherspoon who can fly to the ball, I think we will be getting constant pressure....

I really do not care if Biermann gets double digit sacks, if he gets constant pressure, that will be better...

I agree about pressures but if Kroy is starting... I'm looking for him to produce atleast 7 or 8 sacks.

I agree about pressures but if Kroy is starting... I'm looking for him to produce atleast 7 or 8 sacks.

I agree, 7-8 sacks would be fine in my book..I am looking for at least 15 sacks between him and Sidbury..Honestly...That may be a little high but that's what I can see them doing this season...

On a side note, I have never been so excited for the season to start. Even more than last year. Just knowing we won 9 games with the major injuries that we had, the deficiencies on defense, brutal schedule and SOMEHOW, we won 9 games. I really think we will be a force this year...

Biermann- 8-10 sacks

Sidbury- 5-7 sacks

That is where I expect them to be. I honestly think Sidbury could have been more productive than what Biermann was in his rookie year, but he just didn't see the playing time. With an increase in snaps (at RDE... I don't like him at LE), he should have a productive year.

Guest Gritz

Kroy will get double digit sacks this year....I agree with that.

The surprise will be the emergence of Sidbury.

I think Sid will have a good year... I think Sid can produce like Brian Robison (vikings) as a backup DE... Around 5 sacks a year for a backup rotational guy is big... That would show the coaching staff that he can step in for Abe when that time comes.

Biermann- 8-10 sacks

Sidbury- 5-7 sacks

That is where I expect them to be. I honestly think Sidbury could have been more productive than what Biermann was in his rookie year, but he just didn't see the playing time. With an increase in snaps (at RDE... I don't like him at LE), he should have a productive year.

SpinMoveBury aint gonna get more than 2 sacks

I think Biermann will settle in as the starter at LE. I know we like to have a rotation with our line, but he has that iron man mentality like Patrick Kerney. 8-10 sacks is a realistic goal and with increased snaps, he'll likely get there. I believe Sidbury can get 5 and the coaching staff would be happy with his progression.

Edited by Sting

Sounds like Kroy is building a body able to play the run and pass at LDE. But I dont know what to expect from Sid, I think he will end with at the most 6 sacks but I think 4 is a solid number this year for him.

But I will say that I hope he shows that he has some ability to play the run this year while putting up those 4 sacks and if he can get 5 while showing he can play the run well enough for a 2nd year player he would be basically on the same path as Kroy and thats what I really want to happen.

But numbers wise I hope to see:

Abe 10

Kroy 8

Sid 4

Jam 2( He did have 1 or 2 takin away from him due to penalties)

Davis 2

Babs 5

PJ 2

Peters 1

Johnson 3

Vance 0.

IMO Thomas Johnson will be a force as a back up guy, just rewatch the Bears game the man has some serious talent.

Daniel Cox

In a article Kroy said he was getting bigger and stronger for next year... Biermann said he wanted to be stronger against the run and stronger as a pass rusher... It looks like he did that.

Sidbury said he worked on getting stronger this year also (in a article).

Hopefully the MMA training help both take their games to the next level.... I'm excited to see what these 2 DE's will do this year.

Quite correct about Kroy adding weight....

GL :  What do you think your ideal playing weight should be and where are you at now?

KB :  I think ideal weight playing wise is 265 and right now I'm sitting at 260 so I don't really have to much more to put on.  Just trying to gain great weight, don't want to put anything bad on.  I'm still fast, still very agile and that weight helps in the run defense aspect of the game so I feel happy with where I am at right now.

My link

Biermann seems tremendously dedicated and driven to be a top performer in this league. If kept on the field this season, a double digit sack year is in the bag.

Yeah, getting sacks would be great to get from Biermann and Sidbury, but I'll settle for more QB pressures from either of them. Anything that will make the QB throw the ball before he wants to. That will help out the secondary.

Sounds like Kroy is building a body able to play the run and pass at LDE. But I dont know what to expect from Sid, I think he will end with at the most 6 sacks but I think 4 is a solid number this year for him.

But I will say that I hope he shows that he has some ability to play the run this year while putting up those 4 sacks and if he can get 5 while showing he can play the run well enough for a 2nd year player he would be basically on the same path as Kroy and thats what I really want to happen.

But numbers wise I hope to see:

Abe 10

Kroy 8

Sid 4

Jam 2( He did have 1 or 2 takin away from him due to penalties)

Davis 2

Babs 5

PJ 2

Peters 1

Johnson 3

Vance 0.

IMO Thomas Johnson will be a force as a back up guy, just rewatch the Bears game the man has some serious talent.

Where are you rewatching these games my friend

AP / UPI / ESPN "Jamarcus Russell said he was working on being weaker this next year"

Does anybody say they worked on getting slower and weaker in the offseason?

All kidding aside, I think Kroy has gotten noticeably bigger with 2 full pro offseasons for weight and training programs and the dedicated resources for that. No offense to Montana U where he went to school, but the Falcons better D*mn well have a superior weight and nutrition program to them!

Where are you rewatching these games my friend

Rewatch the bears game from last year, he had a monster game, but from how I said it I can see where my point can be misleading. I know most people dont say that back up has some serious talent as a back up but thats just how I look at some guys.

The bears game Thomas really had a good game, he was getting pressure and being diruptive in the backfield. Now that was his best game imo of the year but he would have his moments in other games but if we can get the production from him as a rotational back up guy that we got from him in the Bears game then I think we will have one of the top DT rotations in the league(well depending on how Peters plays).

Rewatch the bears game from last year, he had a monster game, but from how I said it I can see where my point can be misleading. I know most people dont say that back up has some serious talent as a back up but thats just how I look at some guys.

The bears game Thomas really had a good game, he was getting pressure and being diruptive in the backfield. Now that was his best game imo of the year but he would have his moments in other games but if we can get the production from him as a rotational back up guy that we got from him in the Bears game then I think we will have one of the top DT rotations in the league(well depending on how Peters plays).

Literally where are you rewatching these games -im dying for some football.