Hey Tommy Nobis, it is not the same game anymore.

Karst41

A while back I had a talk with one of my old neighbors.

Mr Tommy Nobis, and Tommys closing comment was that regardless of

the level or even where you play, Its the Same Game.

Being that football is football, and either you can play or you can not.

This also supports Thomas Dimitroff's scouting princibles as were mentioned

on the recent interview, it was called "old school" SMH.

This leaves us with a baseline requirement for the players of today.

Height, Weight, Strength and Speed, or any suitable combination of

for any given position.

While everybody is concerned about Grimes stature, you also have to

take into account that the kid can flat out play and has that tremendous vertical

leap.

But aside from all of that you also need to look back at a CB by the name of Darrel Green

(Thanks Peyton)

Darrel is about 5'8 or5'9 and one of the most feared CB's of all time in the NFL.

The thing that concerns me the most these days is that the NFL has now become a

entertainment first business only, being that yesterday Roger Goodell openly admitted that

NYC is the #1 advertising and marketing area in the USA and the World.

With revenues down due to these economic times the NFL does have what is called revenue sharing

and this is the One and Only reason that SB 48 is to be played there.

 go on take the money and run

Looking back on Katrina, we had a matter of National Security and a viable method to

breathe life back into Nawlins..

Being that Nawlins was in dire straights, the Treasury was pouring in billions of dollars to help

save that city.

Enter the NFL:

Here the NFL was able to infuse vast revenues into the City of Nawlins, and at the same time

this means that Nawlins needed less funding from FEMA and or etc etc.

Now being that this was an issue of National Security, one can only imaging the tax break that

the NFL received over that.

But this was not the case at all, as the NFL was recently given tremendous favor in the Courts

and while not deemed a Monopoly the NFL is now by the courts considered a very unique business

and will be given more opportunity (leverage) by being able to resolve its own issues

through Arbitration Process.

With all of the advertising and merchandising revenues at stake these day I must ask

Is it really the same game or is it just about the money?

That Entertainment Folks, and for all of us the grew up in the 60's and 70's

it is just not the same game.

While the NFL took great strides forward with Free Agency, the Marketing Revenue Chase

has diminished the NFL to a 3rd rate Soap Opera.

--- End-O-Rant --

ps. This is Falcon Related because were are the 4th or 5th largest advertising

markets in the US.

Nobis fan checkin in here. Had the pleasure of seeing him destroy NFL offenses. Live and in living color. One of the best MLBs in league history. Shame on the HOF committee.

Was fortunate enough to meet him. At a Falcon indoor practice in 2002. Roughest hand I've ever shaken.

Anyway, dude is extremely right. The league is different on so many fronts. Rules, financials, management, schedule, owners, you name it.

Love Tommy Nobis. HOFer. Trust me. 300 tackles a year? Most of em bone crushers?

I'm kind of thinking that you're talking two different things though. As far as the players go, the game may be pretty close to the same. Obviously the money is a bit different. I agree though. Looking at an overall view of the league, things are very different.

Your point did get my wheels spinning a little bit though. How big a push do you think the Titans will get this year? The floods that ravaged Tennessee have been barely talked about. I don't see them getting the push that the Saints received last year. Makes me wonder how the Falcons would be treated if some disaster struck our area. *shrug*

I'm kind of thinking that you're talking two different things though. As far as the players go, the game may be pretty close to the same. Obviously the money is a bit different. I agree though. Looking at an overall view of the league, things are very different.

Your point did get my wheels spinning a little bit though. How big a push do you think the Titans will get this year? The floods that ravaged Tennessee have been barely talked about. I don't see them getting the push that the Saints received last year. Makes me wonder how the Falcons would be treated if some disaster struck our area. *shrug*

We kinda did last September. After 24" of rain in 48 hours, parts of Cobb, Fulton, Douglas, and Carrol counties suffered catastrophic flooding. Here in Austell, Sweetwater creek rose 20 feet above flood stage, covering I-20. 6 people lost their lives in Douglas and Carrol county. Many of my friends and neighbors lost everything they had.

It wasn't Katrina...but it was a disaster to those it affected. We would've throwed our hands up for government help, but we were too busy working, helping, ferrying folks with our fishing boats, etc..

The falcons did the best thing they could've....they played football normally. We wanted to forget the flood, and the falcons helped us do that.

Nawlins was in really bad shape and of course needed every bit of help that could be obtained.

The massive floods in Tenn did a number on that area and I believe that they will get a push too.

A playoff game at home would definately help them out.