RapidReports: Wednesday, May 26, 2010

atljbo

RapidReports

link

3:17 pm TE Tony Gonzalez's thoughts on the outlook for the Falcons: "On paper right now, this is probably the best team I've ever been on. It's exciting to know we can go out there and accomplish big things this year. When I say that, I'm thinking Super Bowl."

3:07 pm With Matt Ryan entering his third year in the NFL, WR Roddy White made a bold prediction about his quarterback: "I'm making a prediction: Pro Bowl. I think he's capable of doing that and this is going to be the year that puts him over the top."

2:34 pm Coach Mike Smith said he is hoping his injured players who haven't had surgery - DT Jonathan Babineaux (shoulder), WR Kerry Meier (hamstring), DE Chauncey Davis (knee) - will return to the field in the next seven to 10 days.

2:33 pm Falcons QBs performed well in drills today. None threw interceptions.

2:30 pm While SS William Moore gave a good report on teammate DT Peria Jerry's rehab process, he doesn't know if Jerry will be ready for training camp. "That's something the trainers are waiting on, but I know he's moving well," Moore said.

2:28 pm It's not likely DT Peria Jerry (knee) will participate in OTAs. But SS William Moore, who was rehabbing with Jerry and the other injured players, said he's coming along. "He's working his tail off," Moore said. "He's back to running, back to lifting. He's on track so I look forward to seeing him back out very soon."

2:27 pm Only two players were absent from OTAs today: Rookie CB Dominique Franks, who had a death in his family, and DE John Abraham. Coach Mike Smith said the team has spoken with Abraham, and that the Falcons "know where he is."

RapidReports

3:17 pm TE Tony Gonzalez's thoughts on the outlook for the Falcons: "On paper right now, this is probably the best team I've ever been on. It's exciting to know we can go out there and accomplish big things this year. When I say that, I'm thinking Super Bowl."

3:07 pm With Matt Ryan entering his third year in the NFL, WR Roddy White made a bold prediction about his quarterback: "I'm making a prediction: Pro Bowl. I think he's capable of doing that and this is going to be the year that puts him over the top."

2:34 pm Coach Mike Smith said he is hoping his injured players who haven't had surgery - DT Jonathan Babineaux (shoulder), WR Kerry Meier (hamstring), DE Chauncey Davis (knee) - will return to the field in the next seven to 10 days.

2:33 pm Falcons QBs performed well in drills today. None threw interceptions.

2:30 pm While SS William Moore gave a good report on teammate DT Peria Jerry's rehab process, he doesn't know if Jerry will be ready for training camp. "That's something the trainers are waiting on, but I know he's moving well," Moore said.

2:28 pm It's not likely DT Peria Jerry (knee) will participate in OTAs. But SS William Moore, who was rehabbing with Jerry and the other injured players, said he's coming along. "He's working his tail off," Moore said. "He's back to running, back to lifting. He's on track so I look forward to seeing him back out very soon."

2:27 pm Only two players were absent from OTAs today: Rookie CB Dominique Franks, who had a death in his family, and DE John Abraham. Coach Mike Smith said the team has spoken with Abraham, and that the Falcons "know where he is."

John Abraham is in Miami!! I saw him in the airport sunday when I was going home from my vacation there. These are voluntary OTA's so I don't care. Just giving yall some information.

I really hope William Moore steps it up and takes over at safety. I wouldn't necessarily say Coleman played bad, but if Moore unseats him it means he's outperforming him, which we could certainly use. I think he'll feed off of Weatherspoon's swagger and step it up.

If Peria comes back and provides the push up the middle the coaching staff expects, I predict this defense is top 10.

How many times is Gonzalez gonna say this is the best team he is on? It's obvious that he hasn't been on many good teams considering he hasn't won a playoff.

You know...I thought it was just me, but I could have sworn that I remembered hearing him say that before last season too. I was going to post something about it, but then just figured maybe i heard wrong or remembered it wrong or something. Glad to see that I'm not losing my mind.

How many times is Gonzalez gonna say this is the best team he is on? It's obvious that he hasn't been on many good teams considering he hasn't won a playoff.

That KC 2003 team was good man.... Tony feels like he finally has a #1 WR ... Last year he saw how good Harry Douglas looked last year before his injury.... Gonzo is thinking that if the team can stay healthy.... We will have all this talent.

The Defense even got better.

That KC 2003 team was good man.... Tony feels like he finally has a #1 WR ... Last year he saw how good Harry Douglas looked last year before his injury.... Gonzo is thinking that if the team can stay healthy.... We will have all this talent.

The Defense even got better.

If Matt Ryan plays at a Pro Bowl level and the defense moves into the top 10, we have just as good of a shot as anyone to win it all this year.

Thats good to hear. If he is running and lifting then he has to be somewhat close to resuming practice.

With jerrys kind of injuy knee can you still train upper body like bench for instance you use your legs to stabilize .Wonder if he was able to use the bench and still improve upperbody while his healing his lower body ..

Edited by tttthejuggernaut