Which "Fanbase" Is The Most Annoying

Which "Fanbase" Is The Most Annoying?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which "Fanbase" Is The Most Annoying?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Los Angeles Lakers
    • Notre Dame Football
    • New York Yankees

The reason I put fanbase in quotations is because we all know that these teams have the most fradulent base of fans in all of sports..First of all 90% of Lakers fans have never been to L.A. 90% of Cowboys fans live in a city with another NFL franchise that never wins..90% of ND fans touch little boys.. And 90% of Yankee fans don't know **** about baseball and don't even start paying attention until October..

Dallas hands down!! I'm suprised they don't get on your da mn nerves in northern VA!!!

The reason I put fanbase in quotations is because we all know that these teams have the most fradulent base of fans in all of sports..First of all 90% of Lakers fans have never been to L.A. 90% of Cowboys fans live in a city with another NFL franchise that never wins..90% of ND fans touch little boys.. And 90% of Yankee fans don't know **** about baseball and don't even start paying attention until October..

So you did research on all this? Why is it always " your team" that has honest straight up fans? And by your team I mean anyone who judges other teams fans. Every team has bandwagon fans. Every team has fans that don't know #### about the sport." your team" included.

So you did research on all this? Why is it always " your team" that has honest straight up fans? And by your team I mean anyone who judges other teams fans. Every team has bandwagon fans. Every team has fans that don't know #### about the sport." your team" included.

I picked the Yankees, but you should be proud pp. You were the one concession I made to decide on them over the Cowboys. :)

The Falcons and Hawks don't have bandwagon fans :(

Most annoying or most bandwagon fans? Most annoying would be any Philly fans of any sports. They're just flat out obnoxious. Cubs fans are pretty bad as well. Most bandwagon fans would be the Cowboys, I'm convinced the Yankees just do well with merchandising because their logo is so iconic, their colors are great and it's associated with NY. (which a lot of people try to claim some kind of association with) In terms of actual "passionate" bandwagon fans that watch and follow the team it's still smaller than the Cowboys bandwagon.

The Falcons and Hawks don't have bandwagon fans :(

Sure they do, the difference in attendance between the last game in 2006 compared to 2007 and then 2008 with the Falcons proves that. Not just the number of tickets sold but the actual people that show up. The 2008 game against the Rams, was packed, a majority of those fans were not there at the start of 08.

Most annoying or most bandwagon fans? Most annoying would be any Philly fans of any sports. They're just flat out obnoxious. Cubs fans are pretty bad as well. Most bandwagon fans would be the Cowboys, I'm convinced the Yankees just do well with merchandising because their logo is so iconic, their colors are great and it's associated with NY. (which a lot of people try to claim some kind of association with) In terms of actual "passionate" bandwagon fans that watch and follow the team it's still smaller than the Cowboys bandwagon.

I guess I should say most bandwagon/annoying.. As bad as Phillyfans are atleast they have earned the right to be so pitiful after years of loyalty to a crappy product...

The type of person that I'm talking about is like a good friend of mine.. Was a 49er fan in the 80's, a Bulls fan in the 90's, and a Yankees fan since 2000 (and was born and raised in Decatur, GA)Then you ask why they're fans and they always give some lame reason like they liked the uniforms when they were little or their great uncle was a fan at one point..

You're right, some are bandwagon fans from every team, some are just more: clueless/obnoxious/annoying/etc. From my experience Falcons bandwagon fans are no where close to be of the same mold as the Cowboys fans.

Sure they do, the difference in attendance between the last game in 2006 compared to 2007 and then 2008 with the Falcons proves that. Not just the number of tickets sold but the actual people that show up. The 2008 game against the Rams, was packed, a majority of those fans were not there at the start of 08.

That's more of a fairweather fan..You have to have championships and a huge out of state "fan base" to be considered bandwagon worthy imo...

I guess I should say most bandwagon/annoying.. As bad as Phillyfans are atleast they have earned the right to be so pitiful after years of loyalty to a crappy product...

The type of person that I'm talking about is like a good friend of mine.. Was a 49er fan in the 80's, a Bulls fan in the 90's, and a Yankees fan since 2000 (and was born and raised in Decatur, GA)Then you ask why they're fans and they always give some lame reason like they liked the uniforms when they were little or their great uncle was a fan at one point..

People from the Philly area are just miserable by nature. I have this theory from living all over this country that the more lousy weather the area your city lives in the more miserable the person you are. People in the NY/NJ/PA/OH area are just miserable because of their environment and it shows in every aspect of their lives. There are exceptions to this but in general people in that area up through Maine are just grumpy.

I do think that SOME bandwagon fans can turn into true fans over time, but if you're someone that jumps ship a lot you're just a fan of winners.

So basically if you're not from the same area as the team, you're a bandwagon fan? Well then, I'm screwed.

My theory is if you were born and raised in a city that has the 4 major sports you should pledge your loyalty to them for better or worse..Now if you're from Mississippi or Montana you have the right to pick ONE team before you reach the age of 10 and stick with them.. If you're from a city that is missing one of the 4 majors then you can also pick from another city accordingly..

But like Andrew said, up in the D.C. area there are thousands of Cowboy fans and University of Miami football fans.. I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if they weren't so obnoxious...Why take pride in being part of something you handpicked after their greatness was already established?

People from the Philly area are just miserable by nature. I have this theory from living all over this country that the more lousy weather the area your city lives in the more miserable the person you are. People in the NY/NJ/PA/OH area are just miserable because of their environment and it shows in every aspect of their lives. There are exceptions to this but in general people in that area up through Maine are just grumpy.

I do think that SOME bandwagon fans can turn into true fans over time, but if you're someone that jumps ship a lot you're just a fan of winners.

The irony is that Philadelphia is probably one of the most beautiful cities in the world..And your theory doesn't work for Minneapolis..I went their a few years ago and those are the most irritatingly friendly people in America lol..

My theory is if you were born and raised in a city that has the 4 major sports you should pledge your loyalty to them for better or worse..Now if you're from Mississippi or Montana you have the right to pick ONE team before you reach the age of 10 and stick with them.. If you're from a city that is missing one of the 4 majors then you can also pick from another city accordingly..

But like Andrew said, up in the D.C. area there are thousands of Cowboy fans and University of Miami football fans.. I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if they weren't so obnoxious...Why take pride in being part of something you handpicked after their greatness was already established?

I understand what you're saying, but I just have a different opinion of what makes a real fan. It might be because I'm not a fan of any of my home teams. IMO, I don't care why someone became a fan of a team, as long as they stay a fan of that team through the good and bad times. There are plenty of Cowboys fans who became fans in the 90s, but stuck with them when they were a bad team. I guess you can say they were bandwagons fans at first, but as long as they didn't jump ship when their team was drowning then they've proven they're real fans. That's just my opinion though.