NFL Replay Falcons-Giants

hawkeye

I have a general rule about not re-watching losses, but I miss seeing our Falcons so much that I just might have to tune in. Even so, I'm not watching overtime. I'll just pretend that Elam made the earlier field goal or Jenkins caught the earlier easy TD, and thus the Ryan-Gonzo TD won the game in the final seconds, lol.

I was so depressed after that game my friend thought she was going to have to hospitalize me for the night. It's just not right to fight back that hard and still lose!

I have a general rule about not re-watching losses, but I miss seeing our Falcons so much that I just might have to tune in. Even so, I'm not watching overtime. I'll just pretend that Elam made the earlier field goal or Jenkins caught the earlier easy TD, and thus the Ryan-Gonzo TD won the game in the final seconds, lol.

I was so depressed after that game my friend thought she was going to have to hospitalize me for the night. It's just not right to fight back that hard and still lose!

Yeah you would much rather see a win but aint nothing else going on and I just love watching the Falcons period.

So I will be watching. This will be the 4th game they have shown us in and we've won only one.(Bears)

Yeah you would much rather see a win but aint nothing else going on and I just love watching the Falcons period.

So I will be watching. This will be the 4th game they have shown us in and we've won only one.(Bears)

Yeah, it's unfortunate that so many of our close games last season ultimately were losses. There were only 2 games last year that we were truly out of for the majority of the contest ('Boys and Eagles, we just let it slip away vs. the Pats). The others - both New Orleans games, Giants, and Panthers - were inches from our grasp.

Very frustrating, in one sense. Then again, it's in the past. And it shows we're on the cusp of something amazing.

Our secondary gave up nearly 400 yards passing, it was bad.

Manningham burned anyone that tried to cover him Crisp, Grimes and DeCoud all looked bad...

Giants were in a funk until we fixed it for em after a bye week. I think they had lost 3 or 4 in a row till they played the Falcons

This nis also the game where we should have gone for 2 and the win if i remember correctly cause we were not able to stop Eli..Or was it that we punted in OT when we coulda tried a FG? There was something.... Didnt it go to OT?

Edited by SkiFalcon

Giants were in a funk until we fixed it for em after a bye week. I think they had lost 3 or 4 in a row till they played the Falcons

This nis also the game where we should have gone for 2 and the win if i remember correctly cause we were not able to stop Eli..Or was it that we punted in OT when we coulda tried a FG? There was something.... Didnt it go to OT?

There was plenty of debate on the boards over whether we should have gone for the 2-point conversion. We came back from a 14-point deficit in the 4th and tied it up with something like 30 seconds remaining. (Ryan-Gonzo TD.)

The argument for the 2-point conversion: Since Elam was well into his "Who the **** knows what we're going to get?" phase, even the extra point seemed risky, and there was no confidence that he could kick a winning field goal in overtime. Plus, as you said, we couldn't stop Eli all day.

Smitty opted for the extra point, we lost the toss in overtime (after the ref "dropped" it on the first try), and (as expected) our offense never touched the ball again.

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

Everyone talks about the NO-Min playoff game as to why they fixed the overtime rules for playoffs, but if you ask me, EVERYONE not from NY thought that this game was reason enough to change the overtime rules for the regular season, too. That is how bad that loss was, and how much we should have won that game (and would have if not for the coin toss).

Matt Ryan came up big in that game....

But yea.. The CB's and Coleman was horrible... Erik Coleman got beat for 2 TD's... Manningham ate up Grimes... Chris Houston got ate up by whoever he was covering (all WR's..lol) .... Decoud got beat once that game also...

It was just a bad game for our DB's.....

Our D-Line didnt have a great pass rushing game but thats one game that i blame the DB's... They had so many coverage errors and breakdowns... It wasnt good.