Moore and Norwood in/Douglas Out

Hopefully Douglas will be back soon. I know that we are all hoping he will be back very soon.

My link

Harry Douglas-WR- Falcons May. 25 - 2:03 pm et

Harry Douglas (torn ACL) was held out of practice for the start of OTAs this week.

Coach Mike Smith was tentatively expecting Douglas to return, so this is a minor disappointment. We'd like to see tangible evidence that Douglas is progressing because he has a shot to eat into Michael Jenkins snaps if healthy.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Jerious Norwood-RB- Falcons May. 25 - 2:01 pm et

Jerious Norwood (hip) returned to practice Tuesday, as expected.

Norwood, one of the most brittle running backs in the league, was held out of minicamp earlier this month due to lingering soreness in his hip. He'll have competition from Jason Snelling for change-of-pace duties this year.

William Moore-DB- Falcons May. 25 - 1:59 pm et

Falcons S William Moore (pectorals) returned to practice for the start of this week's OTAs on Tuesday.

Moore missed the majority of his rookie season with knee and hamstring injuries. The pectoral injury kept him out of minicamp earlier this month. If he's healthy this summer, Moore is expected to push Erik Coleman for the starting strong safety job.

Just in case, I didnt see it in ATLJBO's rapid reports. But I am tired as **** from these long hours.

Ray Lewis

Edited by Ray Lewis

Norwood, one of the most brittle running backs in the league, was held out of minicamp earlier this month due to lingering soreness in his hip. He'll have competition from Jason Snelling for change-of-pace duties this year.

I'm not sure that bit about him being brittle is necessary for this article, but that doesn't really matter. Also, Jason Snelling doesn't have anything to do with change-of-pace duties. He's the same style of runner as Turner, but even a little bit slower. That's not changing the pace.

Unless we use him as a receiving threat. Turner can't really catch it, from what I've seen, but Snelling can, which is a nice change.

I'm not sure that bit about him being brittle is necessary for this article, but that doesn't really matter. Also, Jason Snelling doesn't have anything to do with change-of-pace duties. He's the same style of runner as Turner, but even a little bit slower. That's not changing the pace.

Unless we use him as a receiving threat. Turner can't really catch it, from what I've seen, but Snelling can, which is a nice change.

Turner was injured and should therefore be classified as brittle too.

You are exactly right that Norwood's "change of pace" duties are not

in trouble because Snelling and Turner pound the ball. There is no

difference until Turner breaks into the clear and pulls away from the

defenders.

"one of the most brittle running backs in the league"? :blink:

I guess Christmas is just one of the least enjoyable days of the year. :rolleyes:

Hopefully everyone knows I didnt say that....our friends at the AJC did that I guess. Yea I dont know how he got the brittle tag, just cause he had a two injuries last year. Oh well....hes back. But I would like to see Douglas out there.

Hopefully everyone knows I didnt say that....our friends at the AJC did that I guess. Yea I dont know how he got the brittle tag, just cause he had a two injuries last year. Oh well....hes back. But I would like to see Douglas out there.

All you have to do is look at how many games Norwood has missed..I like him, but he's not exactly "durable"..

It's not that he's missed a large number of games, because he hasn't. Norwood's problem is that he is frequently banged up enough that he is of very limited use to the Falcons. People arguing that Norwood is not "brittle"...well....I just don't see how they could argue that.

Brandon Jacobs has missed more games in the past 3 seasons than Norwood has.

Brandon Jacobs.

And I never hear how brittle he is.

1) Brandon Jacobs doesn't play for us

2) has a SB ring

3) can truck opponents and hurt them more times than they can hurt him.