Another Myth Laid to Rest Inside

SaintRay

I did the reseach on my team. You can dispute it with your team statistics.

I read over and over in the Falcon forums that the Saints fans aren't loyal and don't support their team. So here is a 10 year fact based arguement that proves that wrong.

"Since Stanfield’s arrival in 2000, the Saints have sold out every contest in the Superdome but one."

Source below:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/staff/michael-stanfield/ef6fe605-35f0-479d-aebd-b9de2943c5fd

it's true I joined after the Super Bowl, but it's also true I read constantly in the Falcon forums that the fanbase in New Orleans is bandwagon based. Only show up when the team is winning. And that's wrong.

Doesn't change the fact we're mainly complaining about the fans on this board- there are many, many "saint's fans" that showed up here after the super bowl.

Jumping on a rivals messageboard AFTER the super bowl is the definition of being a bandwagon fan.

Doesn't change the fact we're mainly complaining about the fans on this board- there are many, many "saint's fans" that showed up here after the super bowl.

Jumping on a rivals messageboard AFTER the super bowl is the definition of being a bandwagon fan.

You have the RIVAL part meaning this is rival central meaning rivals post here, who would of thought....

it's true I joined after the Super Bowl, but it's also true I read constantly in the Falcon forums that the fanbase in New Orleans is bandwagon based. Only show up when the team is winning. And that's wrong.

I WOULDN'T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT WHEN I JOINED IF I WERE YOU. ONLY YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF

SAINT FAN YOU REALLY ARE. EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL HAS BAND WAGONERS. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY MOVE

FROM THE LOSING COLUMN TO THE WIN COLUMN. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SHOW'EM HOW LOYAL A SAINT

FAN YOU ARE ..... STILL BE AROUND WHEN THINGS AIN'T GOING SO GOOD. THERE ARE A LOT OF SAINT

FANS AROUND HERE THAT HAVE BEEN HERE A LONG, LONG TIME. THROUGH THE THICK AND THE THIN.

FOR ALL OF YOU LOYAL SAINT FANS .... YOU DESERVED A GREAT YEAR LIKE LAST YEAR.

But let me add this warning:"That was last year. You better tighten up your

chinstrap pal ..... it's on now!"

I WOULDN'T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT WHEN I JOINED IF I WERE YOU. ONLY YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF

SAINT FAN YOU REALLY ARE. EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL HAS BAND WAGONERS. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY MOVE

FROM THE LOSING COLUMN TO THE WIN COLUMN. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SHOW'EM HOW LOYAL A SAINT

FAN YOU ARE ..... STILL BE AROUND WHEN THINGS AIN'T GOING SO GOOD. THERE ARE A LOT OF SAINT

FANS AROUND HERE THAT HAVE BEEN HERE A LONG, LONG TIME. THROUGH THE THICK AND THE THIN.

FOR ALL OF YOU LOYAL SAINT FANS .... YOU DESERVED A GREAT YEAR LIKE LAST YEAR.

But let me add this warning:"That was last year. You better tighten up your

chinstrap pal ..... it's on now!"

Heh, remember all those 'loyal' Buc fans back when the Bucs were something to talk about?

Who's left? JB & Bucman?

To give Bucman credit, I thought he would disappear soon after the Bucs went down the drain. Never had a doubt about JB tho

The rest went back to their message board I guess, where the moment any word of the Bucs being cellar dwellers is mentioned a ban is issued..

I imagine most of these Saint fans will be the same way (do they have a messageboard?). I expect Nola, joe horn and Dago to stick around though.

I'd wonder about the Panther fans too, but they always disappear for prolonged periods of time. Kinda like herpes. They absolutely SCATTERED after that repeat performance by Delhomme. :lol:

Heh, remember all those 'loyal' Buc fans back when the Bucs were something to talk about?

Who's left? JB & Bucman?

IF THE BUC's HAVE A GREAT SEASON ..... WATCH OUT! THESE TWO

WILL BE OFF THE CHARTS. THEY ARE STILL AROUND .. BECAUSE ...

"THEY JUST DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER!" :lol::lol:

But to tell you the truth, most of the time I

get better football talk from the rivals in RC

than I do in TATF.

You have the RIVAL part meaning this is rival central meaning rivals post here, who would of thought....

Way to completely ignore the point of the post- doesn't matter where you post- its when you signed up that's at issue. For example, signing up when your team is 13-1 [dec 16, 2009] isn't nearly as impressive as signing up when your team is at 500.

Way to completely ignore the point of the post- doesn't matter where you post- its when you signed up that's at issue. For example, signing up when your team is 13-1 [dec 16, 2009] isn't nearly as impressive as signing up when your team is at 500.

Ignore what point? Why does it have to be when your team is good people sign up?

I didn't even know the Falcons had a board until someone posted a link to here on Saintsreport. I saw read some topic and joined.

Since you are a know it all can I get the powerball numbers for today please?

i have seen The Falcons

Fire Leeman Bennett when he just got all his pieces in place.

Hire his D Coach looking for answers

Trade a HOF QB

Watch the Guy who was Chosen over him shatter his Glass knee in 2 Str8 Seasons

I Seen the Cluck and Duck , and its Mastermind become coach after being a 3rd string qb for us.

Like Moses I saw him Proclaim J George a QB God that would deliver us from the Bondage of Pain in the Past, then God Told Moses to suck his member and gave us all the Finger,

I saw A Risons House go down in Flames alot like the Falcons teams he played on.

I saw us go to the super bowl :wub:

I saw our Star RB demand more Money, he got it, then inherited C Millers Glass Knee.

I Saw us pull off the biggest draft day trade in our History to Draft Mr Electric.

I Saw us get a new Owner :wub:

I Saw Mr Electric become the first qb ever to win at historic Lambeau Field in the playoffs.

I Saw mr Electric on the Ground on our brand new field turf.

i saw us Fire a Legend ,

I saw us hire a Cheerleader to Replace him

I saw that Cheerleader making eyes at a Washington State lower level animal

I saw that Cheerleader put to the Curb like the 2 dollar he was

I saw our new owner make the biggest mistake in Hiring History when a Coward took the helm

I saw Mr Electric Meltdown and Burn an entire City with Him

I saw us bounce back with a new gm, new head coach whole new staff , new RB and Rookie qb and become a Contender.....

the 1 thing that remains from all that i saw...

I Bleed Black and Red

Band Wagoneer

yea right

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

You shoulda been a lawyer.... :lol:

I always thought he should've been a gynecologist.......

• 2 weeks later...