The point spread for Week 1 against the Steelers is already out..

There was an article in the May 17th ESPN the Magazine that stated that some sports books had already posted Week 1 point spreads within 24hrs of the draft.

THE SKINNY: STEELERS -1.5 OVER THE FALCONS

Salmons says: "Pittsburgh has plenty of time to prepare for life without Big Ben. At home, it's not hard to favor them."

There was an article in the May 17th ESPN the Magazine that stated that some sports books had already posted Week 1 point spreads within 24hrs of the draft.

Salmons says: "Pittsburgh has plenty of time to prepare for life without Big Ben. At home, it's not hard to favor them."

Way too early to post point spreads, OTAs/TC still to go. Still, even if this was

posted, say, day before the game, I would feel good. Remember, they normally give the

home team +3.

I'm not sure why everyone is so confident about this game. This is the Steelers we're talking about and the game is in Pittsburgh. Sure they don't have Ben, but I'd rather face Big Ben than a healthy Troy P anyday. Being that this is an older team, I'd rather face them later on in the season as injuries start to slow them down. Just my opinion. That being said, I do think we'll win, I just wouldn't bet on it.

I'm not sure why everyone is so confident about this game. This is the Steelers we're talking about and the game is in Pittsburgh. Sure they don't have Ben, but I'd rather face Big Ben than a healthy Troy P anyday. Being that this is an older team, I'd rather face them later on in the season as injuries start to slow them down. Just my opinion. That being said, I do think we'll win, I just wouldn't bet on it.

I am very confident about the game for the following reasons...

-HAVE YOU SEEN how Leftwich played in Atlanta with a crappy OL??? Steelers OL sucks and Big Ben is used to scrambling for his life and making plays but leftwich on the other is not. Furthermore i think leftwich sucks even with good OL because his accuracy is horrible.

-They lost Holmes, their SB MVP and without a doubt their best offensive weapon..

-Previous year they lost Washington which really showed last season. Compare their offense last season to their SB season and you will see the difference. Oh btw that was with Big Ben

-Yes their Defense is good but we have many offensive weapons and we will be healthy because its the beginning of the season.. Turner, Norwood, Ryan, White, Tony G is all i got to say.

Nobody seems to want to account in that Troy is coming back from an injury, The way people talk it's like he's immune from coming back and not being 100%. The fact that this will be his first game back just gives me even more confidence in us winning

the steel curtain is still in effect against our offense, so our offense will have a tough time trying to score points. hopefully our defense can generate some turnovers and give us great field position to score.

I don't believe the still curtain is anything like it use to be. We will win this game, and I also think our defense/offense will out play theirs.

the steel curtain is still in effect against our offense, so our offense will have a tough time trying to score points. hopefully our defense can generate some turnovers and give us great field position to score.

Defensively, I'd like nothing better than to witness a near replica of last year's opener. (+4 turnover differential, was it?)

And while it's tough to score against the Steelers, our offense self-admittedly feels it underachieved last year and has something to prove. What better way to do so than an explosive opening?

i think some of you are giving the steelers a little more credit than they deserve,because they arent the same team they were 2 years ago,and as clutch as hines is,hes getting to old to play at the level hes used to (as well as alot of their players)...then again,maybe they are just selling us short...either way we should be able to win that game provided we go in healthy,without any major injuries

TRUST ME! WE NEED SCORE ONLY "ONE" POINT MORE THAT

THEM TO WRECK THE WHOLE PREDICTION.

Piece of cake! :rolleyes:

Guest Gritz

Nobody seems to want to account in that Troy is coming back from an injury, The way people talk it's like he's immune from coming back and not being 100%. The fact that this will be his first game back just gives me even more confidence in us winning

That's a funny thing about this message board....It really does make me laugh....Every other teams players are expected to recover from their injuries completely and in record time...

while we should go ahead and just write off the year for Moore, Jerry, Douglas and any other Falcon who might even get an infected toenail.... :rolleyes::lol:

that point spread isn't bad with them having home field advantage, it's going to change between now and then several times, but if Leftwich put that ball out there as usual Beirmann is going to have a field on him with sacks and end around striping the ball like we have watch him do several times not even counting on what Abe and the rest of the D is going to do to them. :D