Bryce Harper has huge weeked

Unknøwn

Bryce Harper just keeps growing his legend. With his Southern Nevada team facing elimination in its region 18 junior-college regional, Harper hit four home runs during a 6-for-6, 10 RBIs game and led the Coyotes to the NJCAA World Series.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal has full details here, including winds gusting up to 45 mph out to center field. But Harper's the only one on either team hitting four homers, a double and a triple, the day after he hit for the cycle. Harper, the No. 1 prospect in the 2010 draft, entered regional play hitting .415/.504/.891 with 23 home runs, but those numbers (which haven't been updated at CSN's website) will look a bit more ridiculous after this weekend. More importantly, Harper and his team will keep playing.

"From the first day, all of us said we're going to Grand Junction," he told the Review-Journal. "That's our dream, and that's what we're going to do."

Harper actually came to the plate for his final at-bat needing a single to hit for the cycle for a second consecutive day. He hit a two-run home run instead.

"Some people said, 'He needs a single for cycle.' I said, 'I don't care. I want him to hit another home run,' " CSN coach Tim Chambers told the Review-Journal.

They made him look stupid last year in the AFLAC game. Our very own Kaleb Cowart from Cook Co. struck him out on 3 straight FB's of 95mph. So I still do not know if I believe the hype. Is he the next great thing and just still young or is he the next great hype machine???????????????

They made him look stupid last year in the AFLAC game. Our very own Kaleb Cowart from Cook Co. struck him out on 3 straight FB's of 95mph. So I still do not know if I believe the hype. Is he the next great thing and just still young or is he the next great hype machine???????????????

Who knows? He'd be a junior in high school right now under normal circumstances. He's got a long way to go before he sniffs the majors.

Who knows? He'd be a junior in high school right now under normal circumstances. He's got a long way to go before he sniffs the majors.

well since he'll be a National, i would imagine there would be some tough consideration into not bringing him up as soon as possible so they can make him and Strasburg the face of the franchise, i.e. $$$ for a long time. Sucks the nats suck so bad and are getting all this talent

well since he'll be a National, i would imagine there would be some tough consideration into not bringing him up as soon as possible so they can make him and Strasburg the face of the franchise, i.e. $$$ for a long time. Sucks the nats suck so bad and are getting all this talent

not completely sure about him being a Nat. I know a former 1st rounder that is in the minors with the Nats and he said that they have discussed Harper alot and not all think he is what he is hyped to be and said they will look at others hard to decide who is actually the best. Granted that means nothing but it is just another perspective.

I kinda enjoy it since I try to make a couple games a week.

I'll be in DC on June 4th for Strasburg's debut. I owe the gf a huge one because that's also her birthday.