Have you heard if Peria and William Moore will participate in OTA's Today?

Nono

Thanks

Thats one reason I believe JA98 will make this team as a DT

Look the Falcons usually keep just 4 DTs

Babs -T Lewis -PETERS -T Bryant

T Johnson -V Walker -JERRY

Do you really think Anderson has a chance at DT?

Now DEs The Falcons usually keep 5

ANDERSON -Davis -(possibly Klecko)-Henley

Abe -Bierman -Sidubry-Stephens

Where do you think Anderson is going to be DE or DT

Smith "Anderson will start at DE in the BASE defense, and see some time at DT only in sub packages"

Now the Falocns do not run that sub package (with Anderson) very often ie Anderson was at DT only 37 snaps last year.

Edited by delaigle

Now the Falocns do not run that sub package (with Anderson) very often ie Anderson was at DT only 37 snaps last year.

That's wrong. I'm assuming you went by PFF. The position it lists is the position the player started at the beginning of the match on his first snap.

Look the Falcons usually keep just 4 DTs

Babs -T Lewis -PETERS -T Bryant

T Johnson -V Walker -PERRY

Do you really think Anderson has a chance at DT?

Now DEs The Falcons usually keep 5

ANDERSON -Davis -(possibly Klecko)-Henley

Abe -Bierman -Sidubry-Stephens

Where do you think Anderson is going to be DE or DT

Smith "Anderson will start at DE in the BASE defense, and see some time at DT only in sub packages"

Anderson only saw limited action last year at DT because it was the first time they moved him inside. I think he is being given the chance to learn the position and earn a roster spot during OTA'S and TC. What should be beyond obvious is that Smitty believes he has a lot more to offer this team than most of the fans do. If he is able to play outside on rushing downs which he excels at and then be able to move inside on passing downs to help the push up the middle then he will have tremendous value for this team. He is the only player on the line with that kind of versatility which as we all know is something both TD and Smitty values a lot.

Anderson only saw limited action last year at DT because it was the first time they moved him inside. I think he is being given the chance to learn the position and earn a roster spot during OTA'S and TC. What should be beyond obvious is that Smitty believes he has a lot more to offer this team than most of the fans do. If he is able to play outside on rushing downs which he excels at and then be able to move inside on passing downs to help the push up the middle then he will have tremendous value for this team. He is the only player on the line with that kind of versatility which as we all know is something both TD and Smitty values a lot.

My point was that it obvious that Anderson already has a spot on the roster at DE unless

they bring in a new player not currently on the roster.

HE will not be permanently moved to DT he will stay at DE and sometimes play DT

Babs was the best the Falocns had last year at interior pass rush so he will be used, Jerry and Peters were both signed because interior pass rush is their strong points. So that is 3 DT pass rushers that should be ahead of Anderson on the inside rush depth charts. And Davis has played 2X as much DT as Anderson

even though most of it was in 08.

I do not understand the near panic about Jerry. Smith has said all off season that he would not be back until "sometime during camp", yet everyone is upset that he's not out there now.

Edited by delaigle