Mass Effect Movie is on its way

The producers behind The Dark Knight and Spider-Man are teaming for Mass Effect, a live-action, big screen adaptation of the Electronic Arts-BioWare videogame.

Legendary Pictures' Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni have acquired the film rights to the game and will produce the movie along with former Marvel Studios honcho Avi Arad and his son Ari Arad. Bioware co-founders Ray Muzyka and Greg ZeschukGreg Zeschuk will serve as executive producers, as will Mass Effect executive producer Casey Hudson. Warner Bros. will distribute the film.

Furthermore, the producers are in negotiations with screenwriter Mark Protosevich (I Am Legend, Thor) about penning the script. The Mass Effect movie is in the nascent stages of development.

"Mass Effect is a tremendous property ripe for translation to the big screen," said Thomas Tull, Chairman and CEO of Legendary Pictures, in a statement. "Mass Effect is a prime example of the kind of source material we at Legendary like to develop; it has depth, compelling characters and an engaging back story. This coupled with Avi and Ari producing and the skills of a great team adapting the screenplay, are the start of turning this smash videogame based property into a successful feature film."

"We are thrilled to be working with Legendary," said producer Avi Arad. "EA and BioWare are terrific partners who have created a brilliant piece of fiction with a universe filled with amazing aliens and technology. More importantly, though, they created a parable whose conflicts mirror the ones we currently face in our own world. This story emphasizes the need for all cultures to learn to work together. All this magic is presented in a fast paced action-adventure that makes for the best kind of movie experience."

"At BioWare, we've always thought of Mass Effect as having the depth, emotion and plot twists perfectly suited for an adaptation to a motion picture," said Casey Hudson. "With Legendary and Avi and Ari Arad attached, we believe that the Mass Effect movie will be an extraordinary entertainment event that realizes our vision for the franchise and thrills fans."

BioWare's epic science fiction series takes place in the year 2183 and follows Commander Shepard of the SS NormandySS Normandy who leads a team on a mission to defeat an ancient alien race that invades the galaxy every 50,000 years, wiping out all organic life. The most recent game in the series, Mass Effect 2, was released in January of 2010.

This movie could be really good or really bad, I just hope its really good.

OMG! i am just imagining it now....i feel like it could be one of the greatest films of all time....the story is great... acton will be awesome....they better not screw this up....im picturing a film 10x better than avatar and the lord of the rings....you catch my drift?

I guarancheese they are going to toss out a film that covers the basics/cliches of a "sci-fi action" film, instead of focusing on what makes this series so special. Easy way for them to make dough.

If they cast Mathew Fox as Shepherd (coincidental to his Lost character) as opposed to some dude who spews out lame one-liners, I will be surprisingly impressed.

Hudson and the Bioware crew need to hold their ground if this project wants to be something great.

Cheers,

GO

Edited by GuerillaOntology

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/129/index/2717410

There is another link to it. This could be good. I will be curious on how they do all the Alien Races. I figure they would eventually make this game into a movie. I just hope they don't screw it up.

I wonder are they going to tie all 3 Mass Effect games into one movie or are they going to base the first movie off ME 1? One role I think has already been cast that is Martin Sheen will play TIM. Yvonne Strahovski should play Miranda since her character design is based off her.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/129/index/2717410

There is another link to it. This could be good. I will be curious on how they do all the Alien Races. I figure they would eventually make this game into a movie. I just hope they don't screw it up.

I wonder are they going to tie all 3 Mass Effect games into one movie or are they going to base the first movie off ME 1? One role I think has already been cast that is Martin Sheen will play TIM. Yvonne Strahovski should play Miranda since her character design is based off her.

They may the movie a trilogy.

You can put your money that 99% of the people who bought/played Mass Effect will see that movie. I think that they know this, which would allow them a low risk factor as far as the amount of spending they have available to them.

I know **** well I'll be there opening day. Possibly the best storyline of any video game I've ever played.

You can put your money that 99% of the people who bought/played Mass Effect will see that movie. I think that they know this, which would allow them a low risk factor as far as the amount of spending they have available to them.

I know **** well I'll be there opening day. Possibly the best storyline of any video game I've ever played.

I know, I wonder how they will pull it off though, who dies.

That was the wonderful thing about ME2. You killed off who you didn't like for the most part.. I liked everyone but Jack. Let her die, and was happy.

As far as part one, its a split 50/50 to me. I imagine that Ashley Williams dies. Would be good drama for the film.

Shepard having no choice but to let his romantic interest (Ashley) die to save everyone else, then later on falling in love with Liara.

That was the wonderful thing about ME2. You killed off who you didn't like for the most part.. I liked everyone but Jack. Let her die, and was happy.

As far as part one, its a split 50/50 to me. I imagine that Ashley Williams dies. Would be good drama for the film.

Shepard having no choice but to let his romantic interest (Ashley) die to save everyone else, then later on falling in love with Liara.

I bet this movie will be different from the game point of view, I bet nobody dies and they will add more to the story.

have the director paly through the game ans see who dies......lol jk

i want seth green to be joker...btw i got his autographh 2 years ago. i worked at coldstone in Pa outside of philly and he came in with a full beard and got a large vanilla and asked me to put it in a gallon container and flood it with marshmellows. He gave me a 20$ tip and his autograph once i recognized him!