MacGruber movie

Uga_dog1

Saw the new MacGruber movie over the weekend. It was alright but not worth $10. It had several funny and memorable scenes but I thought they could have done better. There's a lot of perverted scenes in the movie that they could have done without also. I enjoy the short skits on SNL much better.

Anyone else so see it??

I always thought MacGruber works better in short doses.Same with any SNL characters, which is why so many movies bomb. The SNL skits are basically all the same thing. Funny, but only because they are under a minute.

I did like the advertising campaign tho where they photobombed celebs with Mcgruber in the background.

Oh, and I didn't see it yet.

Thought the first Macgruber sketch I ever saw on SNL was pretty funny... The second later that episode was ok, and the third was a little annoying...

Twenty-something episodes later, and it's one of the worst skits that they do on the show...

No way I could sit through an entire movie of it...

Thought the first Macgruber sketch I ever saw on SNL was pretty funny... The second later that episode was ok, and the third was a little annoying...

Twenty-something episodes later, and it's one of the worst skits that they do on the show...

I was tired of it by the end of the 30 second television advertisement.

SNL sucks now to me. I want Tina Fey back. The only people who make me laugh on that show now are Kristin Wig and Andy Samberg when he does his songs. Some of his songs.

SNL hasn't had a great cast (great being more than two people) in about 17 years. The last great cast was Carvey, Myers, Rock, Sandler, Farley, Miller (one year), and Smigel.

The following cast was awful in my opinion: Kattan, Oteri, Shannon, the guy from Spinal Tap, Jimmy "I laugh during every sketch" Fallon, and Will Ferrell. Will Ferrell was a mediocre actor/comedian in my opinion but he shined due to the lack of talent on stage and "take one semi-funny joke and run it into the ground in under three minutes" Conan O'Brien-less writing style.

That's about when I stopped watching.

The cast of Sans, the fat kid from Good Burger, and a few others was an improvement. However, it was an improvement from rock bottom, thus why MadTV was pummeling them in the ratings (or so I believe cause that's what I watched). They couldn't match Will Sasso, Michael McDonald, Aries Spears, Debora Wilson, Alex Borstein, Nicole Sullivan, Phil Lamarr, David Herman, Mo Collins, and Frank Caliendo.

Heck, Will Sasso's Steven Seagal sketches alone beat anything and everything SNL put out for five years.

:)

I went to see Robin Hood on Friday and nobody was going into the MacGruber theater.. The movie flopped horribly..I'll wait until cable..

Robin Hood was good. There was a line of people waiting for the movie to get out so they could get in for the next show.

I saw Hot Tub Time Machine (hilarious) last Thursday; about 4 to 1 going to see it over MacGruber (Kick@ss was jam packed).

SNL hasn't had a great cast (great being more than two people) in about 17 years. The last great cast was Carvey, Myers, Rock, Sandler, Farley, Miller (one year), and Smigel.

The following cast was awful in my opinion: Kattan, Oteri, Shannon, the guy from Spinal Tap, Jimmy "I laugh during every sketch" Fallon, and Will Ferrell. Will Ferrell was a mediocre actor/comedian in my opinion but he shined due to the lack of talent on stage and "take one semi-funny joke and run it into the ground in under three minutes" Conan O'Brien-less writing style.

That's about when I stopped watching.

The cast of Sans, the fat kid from Good Burger, and a few others was an improvement. However, it was an improvement from rock bottom, thus why MadTV was pummeling them in the ratings (or so I believe cause that's what I watched). They couldn't match Will Sasso, Michael McDonald, Aries Spears, Debora Wilson, Alex Borstein, Nicole Sullivan, Phil Lamarr, David Herman, Mo Collins, and Frank Caliendo.

Heck, Will Sasso's Steven Seagal sketches alone beat anything and everything SNL put out for five years.

:)

I agree to an extent. You love him or you hate him. I personally think his comedy is great, but I can see why people don't like him

Edited by ConnFalcon

Robin Hood was good. There was a line of people waiting for the movie to get out so they could get in for the next show.

I saw Hot Tub Time Machine (hilarious) last Thursday; about 4 to 1 going to see it over MacGruber (Kick@ss was jam packed).

Yeah it was.. I had to keep reminding myself that it was a prequel so certain aspects I felt were missing hadn't occured yet.. I kept wondering why the Little John role wasn't bigger according to folk lore.. I think part 2 would be even better in the same way The Dark Knight was...I saw a lot of critics complain that it wasn't mythical enough, but what did the expect? Iron Man 2 or X-Men? It seems like they expected pixie dust to burst out of his arrows or Maid Marian to look like Meagan Fox..It's alright not to place comic book geekery in every film we watch..

Saw the new MacGruber movie over the weekend. It was alright but not worth $10. It had several funny and memorable scenes but I thought they could have done better. There's a lot of perverted scenes in the movie that they could have done without also. I enjoy the short skits on SNL much better.

Anyone else so see it??

It only made $4 million, I don't think too many people saw it. It even finished behind this garbage:

Just Wright

Synopsis: When NBA All-Star Scott McKnight (Common) suffers a debilitating injury, tough-talking physical therapist Leslie Wright (Queen Latifah) pulls out all the stops to get him back on his game. But... When NBA All-Star Scott McKnight (Common) suffers a debilitating injury, tough-talking physical therapist Leslie Wright (Queen Latifah) pulls out all the stops to get him back on his game. But their professional relationship turns personal when Leslie finds herself falling for Scott, and discovers the feeling may be mutual. Paula Patton co-stars in a romantic comedy penned by Michael Elliot and directed by Sanaa Hamri.

:mellow:

This......+1