Illegal immigrant crashes into lawmakers car

JHav

Car Crash Involving Mass. Lawmaker, Suspected Illegal Immigrant Heats Up Debate

The immigration debate is heating up in Massachusetts after a suspected illegal immigrant allegedly crashed into a state lawmaker's car while driving drunk last week.

MyFoxBoston obtained police reports that show suspect Isaias Naranjo was arrested after crashing into state Rep. Mike Moran's car at 60 miles per hour and then bragging to police that they couldn't punish him.

According to the report, the suspect "just laughed, slurring that he was going to go back to 'my country' Mexico. 'Nothing is going to happen to me, man.'"

Though the suspect is being held after his blood alcohol content registered at .25, Massachusetts State Police spokesman David Procopio told FoxNews.com that state policy prohibits police from looking into the suspect's immigration status.

That's after Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick rescinded an order three years ago by his predecessor Mitt Romney that empowered state police to enforce immigration law.

Republican State Rep. Jeffrey Perry said the governor should reconsider that decision in light of the accident -- and he said the crash should also bring renewed attention to a measure he sponsored that would prohibit illegal immigrants from receiving taxpayer-funded benefits.

"I feel sad that there had to be a car accident for this to happen," Perry told FoxNews.com.

Perry's benefits proposal was narrowly defeated in the Massachusetts House several weeks ago, but he said voter "pressure" could drive the Senate to reconsider.

"Massachusetts is just kind of ignoring the problem," said Perry, who is running for Congress.

Massachusetts is one of a host of states considering new immigration proposals after Arizona's legislature approved a controversial policy in April requiring state law enforcement to check the immigration status of people they suspect of being in the country illegally. The proposal has divided lawmakers across the country -- some have moved to impose boycotts on Arizona in protest of the law, while others have pledged to draft bills that replicate the law.

In the case of Naranjo, the suspect was charged with driving under the influence, driving without a valid license and leaving the scene of an accident, according to MyFoxBoston.

Patrick's aides defended the governor's decision to rescind Romney's immigration order, saying corrections officials can still pursue the immigration violation, according to MyFoxBoston.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/24/car-crash-involving-mass-lawmaker-suspected-illegal-immigrant-heats-debate/

Edited by JHav

I lost a truck due to illegal immigrant wrecking into me because they didn't know how to read "STOP", the insurance company wouldn't pay for the damages so I lost the truck.

same thing happened to my sister, dude came running out the car with a handful of change talking about "no call police, i pay you" hahaha luckily insurance covered her car though, i think he got arrested.

why didnt your insurance company pay the damages?

if he didn't have comprehensive coverage or uninsured motorist and was only carrying liability insurance then his insurance wouldn't pay a dime. that would be the only thing I can think of

if he didn't have comprehensive coverage or uninsured motorist and was only carrying liability insurance then his insurance wouldn't pay a dime. that would be the only thing I can think of

I thought I had it, at least that's what the insurance agency told me but apparently I was lied to. I should of sued but at the time I couldn't afford a lawyer.

my parents learned the easy way to have comprehensive insurance. they got in an hit and run right before their policy was going to be switched to liability, and i am sure they are happy their expenses were paid.

If you do some searches on like Mexicans or illegal aliens and DUIs, you'll will get floored about like you said on the original poster about Mexicans having wrecks, killing people, or paralyzing them and running back to Mexico. Its a shame, how our laws don't protect us from this. :unsure:

Like hes a flight risk, hes staying till its over. Some technicality and the mexico lawyers, come hes illegal, on a plane ride out and walking the streets and coming back over the border in the next 2 weeks. :angry:

Edited by nativefalcon

That's when you need to start beating him with a chain. Because I bet he really does know what stop means.

Stop signs look the same in Mexico. They just say Alto instead of stop. Guy would have to be a complete moron not to recognize it.

Man, you guys are some real meanies. You rich Americans shouldnt mind picking up the tab for an accident when it involves a poor, underpriveledged immigrant. And your refusal to pick up just a smidge of spanish to help these folks transition into American society is even more troubling. Your mothers must be proud.

i think killing illegials shouldn't be illegial? I'll be honest, when i stop being a law biding citizen im gonna start srong arming Mexicans. what are they gonna do???

Solution:

1. LOCK DOWN THE F'N BORDER. No one else is going to sneak in.

2. FairTax. Congratulations we now have over 10 million new tax payers.

3. For those 10 million plus that are still here and have not left, once the crackdown on illegal immigration has begun, create a Visa to Citizen program that takes 5-10 years as of NOW, not when they arrived. If they have become documented, and remain in good standing(no arrests), no delinquencies on bills, then they can become a permanent US resident provided they pass a citizenship test. This obviously excludes anyone who has been arrests previously also.

i feel a combo of a progressive and flat tax is the way to go. fairtax is well not fair for those who do not have a lot of income.

Those without a lot of income don't pay any taxes. Under H.R. 25, every head of household will receive a monthly prebate to offset the amount of taxes up to the poverty level. This is provided so that the basic necessities of life are not taxed.

*EDIT* So yes, they will pay the FairTax at the register, but they're receiving money in the mail each month to offset this.

Edited by poutlipper

Those without a lot of income don't pay any taxes. Under H.R. 25, every head of household will receive a monthly prebate to offset the amount of taxes up to the poverty level. This is provided so that the basic necessities of life are not taxed.

*EDIT* So yes, they will pay the FairTax at the register, but they're receiving money in the mail each month to offset this.

im not stupid. i know this, but fairtax is not the way.