Saints DE Bobby McCray

hawkeye

This is just one of the questions he answered in an interview with the Sporting News.

SN: Carolina drafted two quarterbacks, Tampa Bay drafted two wide receivers and Atlanta already fields a potent passing game. Seems as if your division rivals are following the Saints' blueprint, right?

BM: Of course, you expect something like that. It's a copycat league. They see us scoring and passing up and down the field, and they know they need to keep up. But it's hard to copy what we have with Sean Payton and Drew Brees. Drew just proved how great he is again and with Sean calling the plays, you can't match that combination.

Yep having such an explosive offense really worked out in 2007 (7-9) & 2008 (8-8) -- Just hope your defense plays like it did last year instead of 2007 (25th) & 2008 (26th) - might be playing catch-up all season long again if it doesn't.

Ahh to play the Falcon card or no that is the question......

Well F*** it, were you happy with your offense this yr?

I tell you what having 13 people on ir amd missed field will do that to a team, but hey only injuries matter to Falcon fans so I am going to just back away.

I tell you what having 13 people on ir amd missed field will do that to a team, but hey only injuries matter to Falcon fans so I am going to just back away.

Actually I was happy with our offense - for once a player (or more like 3 or 4) on offense went down with an injury and our team didn't do a complete meltdown - still managed a 9-7 record. So yeah I was happy with it.

And let's go through the Saints IR Players since it is a Badge of Honor for Saints fans

TE Dan Campbell - Never played a down as a Saint

DB Reggie Jones - Never played a down as a Saint

LB Mark Simoneau - Hasn't played a down with the Saints since 2007

WR D’Juan Woods - Never played a down as a Saint

TE Billy Miller - 5th Leading receiver in 2008 - didn't play a down in 2009

RB Olaniyi Sobomehin - played 1 game in 2008 - 2 catches for 8 total yards - didn't play a down in 2009

S Chip Vaughn September - Never played a down as a Saint

LB Stanley Arnoux - Never played a down as a Saint

T Jammal Brown - 15 games started in 2008 - finally someone who was actually a starter at one point

WR Rod Harper - Never played a down as a Saint -- Oh well back to the norm again

FB Heath Evans Play 6 games in 2009 - 5 carries/10 receptions total

NT Kendrick Clancy - played 14 games in 2008 w/34 tackles - 2 games in 2009 (Week 1 & 8) - 2 total tackles

DB Leigh Torrence - Played 12 total games w/19 total tackles in 2 years (2008/2009)

Jo-Lonn Dunbar - Played 9 games - started 3 - 20 tackles in 2009

FB Marcus Mailei - played 2 games in 2009 with only 1 tackle

DE Charles Grant – Started all 16 games - went on IR after regular season was over

So to break down your IR list

6 - Never played a regular season down with the Saints

1 - Hasn't played a regular season down since 2007

3 - Players who played fewer than 6 games in 2009 - only 1 who played in 2008 playing 14 games - no starts

3 - Players who played in 2008 but not in 2009 - 2 were not starters - 1 was

1 - Player who played more than 6 games (9) - actually started 3

1 - Player who started all 16 regular season games - went on IR after regular season was over

Yes you lost alot of quality to IR - especially the 6 that never played a down as a Saint :lol:

Actually I was happy with our offense - for once a player (or more like 3 or 4) on offense went down with an injury and our team didn't do a complete meltdown - still managed a 9-7 record. So yeah I was happy with it.

And let's go through the Saints IR Players since it is a Badge of Honor for Saints fans

RB Olaniyi Sobomehin - played 1 game in 2008 - 2 catches for 8 total yards - didn't play a down in 2009

T Jammal Brown - 15 games started in 2008 - finally someone who was actually a starter at one point

WR Rod Harper - Never played a down as a Saint -- Oh well back to the norm again

NT Kendrick Clancy - played 14 games in 2008 w/34 tackles - 2 games in 2009 (Week 1 & 8) - 2 total tackles

DB Leigh Torrence - Played 12 total games w/19 total tackles in 2 years (2008/2009)

DE Charles Grant – Started all 16 games - went on IR after regular season was over

3 - Players who played fewer than 6 games in 2009 - only 1 who played in 2008 playing 14 games - no starts

1 - Player who started all 16 regular season games - went on IR after regular season was over

Yes you lost alot of quality to IR - especially the 6 that never played a down as a Saint :lol:

if there was some sort of "tremendous applause" icon, i would be displaying it right now

english mofo do you speak it!?!

pulp_fiction-bible.jpg

he can correct me if i'm wrong but I believe he was meaning the IR list for 2007 and 2008.

Weird I thought you said what happened in 07' and 08', go look at the IR players for those 2 seasons smart guy. I already know what happened in 09, do you need me to bring that back up?

he can correct me if i'm wrong but I believe he was meaning the IR list for 2007 and 2008.

We have a winner.

Weird I thought you said what happened in 07' and 08', go look at the IR players for those 2 seasons smart guy. I already know what happened in 09, do you need me to bring that back up?

Ok - I did misread - I admit that and since I was originally speaking of your defenses in 2007/2008 I will redo my analysis with just defensive players - because it is agreed that your offense wasn't your achilies those years.

DE Charles Grant 2007 - played 14 games - 2008 - played 8 games - yes impact loss 2008

DT Brian Young 2007 played 9 games - 2008 - played 8 games - potential impact loss both years

DT DeMario Pressley - Never played a regular season down in 2007/2008 didn't play a down until 2009

DT Lance Legree - yet to play a down with the Saints

DT James Reed - yet to play a down with the Saints

DT Montavious Stanley - 2008 played 1 game as a Saint - Week 6 vs oakland - 0 Tackles - no impact loss

ILB Mark Simoneau - never played in 2008 - impact loss as he was a 16 game starter in 2007

CB Mike McKenzie - played 7 games 2008 - impact loss - 15 game starter in 2007

CB Tracy Porter - started 5 games in 2008 - 25 tackles/1 int - potential impact loss - 2007 did not play

CB Aaron Glenn - 2008 played 4 games 8 tackles/1 int - not a big loss - 2007 played for Jacksonville 5 games

S Kevin Kaesviharn - 2008 played 11 games -impact loss - 2007 - played in all 16 games

S Steve Gleason placed on IR in July of 07 - retired march 08 - played 15 games 06 with 16 total tackles - no impact loss

DT McKinley Boykin - played 3 games as a Saint in 2007 - placed on IR 12/12/07 - Hasn't played a down since with any team - no impact loss

LB Alfred Fincher - played 7 games as a Saint in 2007 3 total tackles - 9 games in 2006 - 9 total tackles - 2008 played with Redskins - no impact loss

So here is the breakdown of IRs 2007/2008

3 - Players who never played a regular season down as a Saint

1 - Player who played only 1 game as a Saint

3 - Players who played 5 or less games as a Saint - 1 of which could have been a potential loss

1 - Player who played 16 games from 2006-2007 - recording 12 total tackles - did not play 2008

1 - Player who never finished a season in 2008 or 2007 - could be considered a potential loss

4 - Players who were starters in 2007 that went down in 2008 and can definately be considered impact losses

So 7/8 players that were no loss to the team - Porter could be considered a loss for 2008 due to his fast start as a rookie. 1 Player who wasn't health either year and 4 players that were a definate loss. Out of 13 defensive players 4 out of 13 were a definate loss and all were in 2008.

Out of all those players who is on the team still? Seriously look at the defenses from 07' , 08' and compare that to 09'

You said look what your offense did in 07' and 08', it did exactly what it was suppose to do score. Not Brees fault that the defense with injuries couldn't stop opposing teams.

What happened in 09' through week 7? The Saints were ranked top 10 before losing Ellis, Porter, Greer, and Clancy.

I tell you what I would much rather have the veteran players that played games then have to start unproven rookies and injured players as the Falcons do and also your pot smoking DT will be missing games.

That same defense held 2 future HOF QB's to less then 17 points, and forced Farve who is probably in the HOF now, to many errors.

We also won a SB with it.

Bottom line you can't compare the 3 defenses, because of scheme and coaching.

Edited by bush4life

How does us already having a potent passing game suggest we are using the Taint way of success? That means we already had it before they won the SB.... Good grief. I know they won a SB and deserve some credit for that but now every team that has a passing game is doing it b/c they want to follow the Saint blueprint? Child please.... if anything the Taints followed the Colts blueprint.

Out of all those players who is on the team still? Seriously look at the defenses from 07' , 08' and compare that to 09'

You said look what your offense did in 07' and 08', it did exactly what it was suppose to do score. Not Brees fault that the defense with injuries couldn't stop opposing teams.

What happened in 09' through week 7? The Saints were ranked top 10 before losing Ellis, Porter, Greer, and Clancy.

I tell you what I would much rather have the veteran players that played games then have to start unproven rookies and injured players as the Falcons do and also your pot smoking DT will be missing games.

That same defense held 2 future HOF QB's to less then 17 points, and forced Farve who is probably in the HOF now, to many errors.

We also won a SB with it.

Bottom line you can't compare the 3 defenses, because of scheme and coaching.

Well you were the one who was saying hey we had 13 Injured Reserve players on those 07/08 defenses - that is why our defenses were bad - but in reality most of those players rarely if never saw the field. Sure your defense is different now, but you excuse THEN was all the injuries. Injuries to mainly journeymen or never-going-to-be-has-beens.

Yes you won the Super Bowl last year - Congradulations you earned it, but your defense last year even with the upgrades still gave up 341 points (47 & 52 point difference than 2007/2008) - 13th highest in the NFL - better hope nothing happens to stall that high scoring offense or you could be in for a long season.

Well you were the one who was saying hey we had 13 Injured Reserve players on those 07/08 defenses - that is why our defenses were bad - but in reality most of those players rarely if never saw the field. Sure your defense is different now, but you excuse THEN was all the injuries. Injuries to mainly journeymen or never-going-to-be-has-beens.

Yes you won the Super Bowl last year - Congradulations you earned it, but your defense last year even with the upgrades still gave up 341 points (47 & 52 point difference than 2007/2008) - 13th highest in the NFL - better hope nothing happens to stall that high scoring offense or you could be in for a long season.

Believe me I'm not worried, if you watch the first 7 games we blew out teams by 2+ touchdowns, and played mostly prevent. Then the injuries piled up and the games sometimes would get closer.

As far as our offense is concerned, barring no injury to Brees we will still be number 1, just like we been doing the past 3 to 4 yrs.

Considering every major piece of our O was in place before the Saints SB season this makes all kinds of sense...

:rolleyes:

The Colts and Patriots were doing it before the Saints could even make it to the playoffs.

Think he's talking about in 06' when we got Brees, Bush, and Colston. That is when our offense began it's #1 streak.

Believe me I'm not worried, if you watch the first 7 games we blew out teams by 2+ touchdowns, and played mostly prevent. Then the injuries piled up and the games sometimes would get closer.

As far as our offense is concerned, barring no injury to Brees we will still be number 1, just like we been doing the past 3 to 4 yrs.

I agree barring injury to Brees your offense will still be one of the best in the league. Either way I would love the last Monday Night of the season be a game to determine who is the team of the NFC South for 2010.

But I am still buying 10 copies of Madden to distribute to my Saints friends -- you know just in case the curse does happen - Lol.

I agree barring injury to Brees your offense will still be one of the best in the league. Either way I would love the last Monday Night of the season be a game to determine who is the team of the NFC South for 2010.

But I am still buying 10 copies of Madden to distribute to my Saints friends -- you know just in case the curse does happen - Lol.

Hahah good luck!

We may have passed more last season...but that was more due to the fact that our RB corp received many injuries.

We are a run first team, with a growing passing offense.

We do not model anything after the Saints, and it starts at the top of our classy organization. I dont recall the last time our current head coach, or any staff for that matter, were implicated in a narcotics theft.

We may have passed more last season...but that was more due to the fact that our RB corp received many injuries.

We are a run first team, with a growing passing offense.

We do not model anything after the Saints, and it starts at the top of our classy organization. I dont recall the last time our current head coach, or any staff for that matter, were implicated in a narcotics theft.

=[[[[[[[[[[[[[[