Let's rundown a scenario.

You wake up in the morning, and turn on ESPN. On the bottom it tells you that the Falcons have signed Terrell Owens to a 1-year deal in the range of 3-4 million dollars. It also says that the team will now look to move Michael Jenkins for some value, what are the first words out of your mouth and are you excited or depressed?

Personally, I would be excited for two reasons:

1. I love TO and think he is a great number 2 option (definitely better than Jenks)

2. That means that somehow TO proved to TD that he is over his nonsense and ready to win.

This is what I posted in another thread about TO:

I'm quite torn on the subject of Owens. More than one year deal: don't even consider it. But a one year deal? I don't see why not. Let's run down some pros and cons just for arguments sake:

Pros:

Brings in a good veteran prescience to the receiving group.

Would be an improvement over Jenkins. (He struggles as a no. 1 guy anymore, but with Roddy getting the attention, he could shine.)

Improves Roody because you can't just double team Roddy all day.

Gives Matty Ice another option.

Gives the young guys some time to develop, and adds another vet to teach them. (TG, Finn and Roddy the others)

Allows us to possibly move Jenkins for some value before he loses every ounce of value.

The guy definitely has passion for the game and wants to win a title which is our goal.

Cons:

COULD hurt in the locker room, but at this point in his career, I think he knows where he is at and wouldn't do that.

Drops a lot of balls. (Jenks does too though, but I think Owens numbers help you forget those drops, Jenks do not)

The board is dead. :( Hate this time of year.

same. no one posts in here immediately after the draft.

However, I would not be very happy about signing TO initially. I've seen him cause too many problems to think that something similar wouldn't happen here. But since he would have become a part of our team I would hold my tongue and welcome him aboard after initial skepticism and hope and pray that he doesn't find a way to mess up our team chemistry.

same. no one posts in here immediately after the draft.

However, I would not be very happy about signing TO initially. I've seen him cause too many problems to think that something similar wouldn't happen here. But since he would have become a part of our team I would hold my tongue and welcome him aboard after initial skepticism and hope and pray that he doesn't find a way to mess up our team chemistry.

Originally this offseason, I was saying NOOOOOOOOO way, but now that I looked into it more, I would love it. I think a lot of members would love it if they looked into it more. If TD made the move, I would KNOW it's the right move. That's why I would love it even more.