Backup QB's

jes2400

Do you guys see any surprises in the backup QB race? Redman is a reliable 2nd QB. JPW looked impressive to me in the preseason last year. I looked up Eric Ward's numbers and bio, and he looks good as well. I think it stays the same for now, Redman #2, JPW #3, Ward PS(if no one else claims him), with JPW eventually being no.2. I didn't include Shockley, because this is his forth year and he hasn't done much.He'll be the odd man out. I like him and wanted him to succeed, but I just don't see a future for him here anymore.

Not really.

Chris Redman is going to be the guy, and he can win games against average teams. If the Falcons lose Ryan and Redman, well, they are probably dead, just like most teams if they lost both of thier top 2 QBs.

Bingo. JPW would just get to do what he could if we lost Ryan and Redman, but the season would be down the drain by that point.

Our depth at QB is good. After we decide to move on from Redman JPW should be ready for the #2 role.

But Ward on the PS might be a change.

Do you intend to kick Shockley off the PS??? Cause he's on the roster now and the only slot for him seems to be the PS, and yes I think he is still eligible.

Like I said, I like him, especially being a native and UGA guy, but I just don't see them keeping him any longer.

Like I said, I like him, especially being a native and UGA guy, but I just don't see them keeping him any longer.

It is his 4th year but do not forget that in 07 he was on IR all season.

I would not be surprised if Ward beat him out for a spot on the PS but it might not be as sure as many of us think.

Hey I got no connections to UGA so I'm not a UGA or Shockley homer. I just remember watching him play and he would

look bad on 1st and 2nd downs and then great on 3rd downs. He seemed to manage to keep moving the chains.

Edited by delaigle