Best place for Pizza

with the other food threads, thought i'd start this one.

personally, i LOVE me some Mellow Mushroom.

we recently got a Johnny's NY Pizza and that **** is pretty nasty. i'd still like to try their philly though. haven't tried the revamped Domino's yet, but just from the commercials, it looks 100x's better.

I like Nancy's Pizza in Buckhead alot... Not the deep dish, but the thin pizza...

This place called Elwoods in Brookhaven is good.

But for real.. i lived in NYC for a while and there are 25 places in NYC that are better than any place here. Ive yet to find anything here that compares...

yes!!!!! completely forgot about them. they are off the chain. their cheese bread is awesome. i wish they were closer to Rome though....it's like a 45 minute haul for me.... :(

I haven't been there in a long time because I live in AL now but I was raised in Cartersville and we made that trip a lot when I was young. Good Stuff.

I haven't been there in a long time because I live in AL now but I was raised in Cartersville and we made that trip a lot when I was young. Good Stuff.

definitely good stuff. i need to make the haul down that way one weekend. if i remember correctly, they have pretty good subs as well.

Guest Regular Guy

For big chains, I gotta go Dominos. The new stuff is really good. For little guys, Fellini's is good. I like Mellow Mushroom and I think Nancy's is awesome. Their deep dish (stuffed) pizza kills! The thin is good too as someone said above.

I actually made pizza last night, my daughter had a friend over and she said that our pizza tasted like JESUS made it! I am assuming that is a compliment :lol:

I used Publix fresh pizza dough from the deli. I then use this canned pizza sauce called Dei Fratelli. I top it with shredded mozzarella, pepperoni, canadian bacon, jimmy dean sausage, mushrooms and black olives. Then I cut strips of mozzarella from a block of cheese and lay those on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 390 and BAM! It is RIGHTEOUS! I would put it up against any restaurant. My wife was saying that we could sell these :lol:

Guest Regular Guy

Since you live in AL, you ought to try Donatos. They used to be here in GA, but closed all of their locations. I don't know why because their pizza was my favorite by a landslide. They sell a frozen pizza but it absolutely sucks!!

My brother who lives in Rome used to have to go to AL alot for work and he used to bring Donatos home with him, lucky ******* :o

mellow is always awesome.

i always wanted to try that place in kennesaw. it was on man vs food. gotta have good pizza if you are on travel channel.

any1 noticed travel channel has better food shows than food network? man vs food, bizarre food, food wars, and no reservation are better than anything food net gots.

Since you live in AL, you ought to try Donatos. They used to be here in GA, but closed all of their locations. I don't know why because their pizza was my favorite by a landslide. They sell a frozen pizza but it absolutely sucks!!

My brother who lives in Rome used to have to go to AL alot for work and he used to bring Donatos home with him, lucky ******* :o

There's a Donato's in Vestavia right down the road from my apartment. It's good stuff.

I'm still partial to Peluso's in Columbus.

The place in Kennesaw is Big Pie in the Sky. I live here in Kennesaw and have never been there but I plan to go now that you have brought my attention to it.

Yeah, me too, I gotta check that out. Place has gotten some good buzz. We're neighbors btw. I work in Ksw, and live in Marietta. :)

Check out this "Carnivore Challenge" from their website. No way in H.E. double hockey sticks I could ever do this... :lol:

Carnivore Challenge

Two People, 11 lbs Carnivore Pizza, One hour to eat it all.

$50 to try…$250 cash if you win.

If you would like to schedule a challenge call Big Pie in the Sky at 770-420-8883. Typically they are scheduled at 3:30 and 8:30 Monday – Thursday

The Rules of the Challenge.

You must eat the entire pizza in under one hour.

You cannot throw up, and if you do, you are responsible for the cleanup! If you are going to throw up, do it outside, in the trash can, or make it to the bathroom.

You cannot leave the table once you start the time, you can stand up walk around and let your food settle, but you cannot leave the general vicinity.

If we catch you violating the rules you will be immediately disqualified. The rules are very firm and we do enforce them!

Edited by kibitzer