Nike - Write the Future

womfalcs3

I really don't get the point of this whole "write the future" thing.

Well...because you are American.

To the rest of us, what happens on the pitch is serious business. Take Rooney for example in the commercial. He saw the/his future if his pass to walcott is picked off near the end of the match and Ribery goes on to score. After seeing this he works hard to change it.

Use that same lens in viewing the other guys in the video(Ronaldo getting a statue in his honor, Ronaldinho stepovers becoming an internet sensation...ect) ^_^

Well...because you are American.

To the rest of us, what happens on the pitch is serious business. Take Rooney for example in the commercial. He saw the/his future if his pass to walcott is picked off near the end of the match and Ribery goes on to score. After seeing this he works hard to change it.

Use that same lens in viewing the other guys in the video(Ronaldo getting a statue in his honor, Ronaldinho stepovers becoming an internet sensation...ect) ^_^

I personally am a USA Soccer fan, but I don't get how the title "Write The Future" connects at all.

And Ronaldinho being in this doesn't make sense because he isn't even on his National team.

I personally am a USA Soccer fan, but I don't get how the title "Write The Future" connects at all.

And Ronaldinho being in this doesn't make sense because he isn't even on his National team.

Ronaldinho has marketability.

USA soccer fan= Dont show up to their home games, but takes enough of a pedestrian interest in them each 4 years to feel hurt when they dont make it out of the group stages :lol:

Ronaldinho has marketability.

USA soccer fan= Dont show up to their home games, but takes enough of a pedestrian interest in them each 4 years to feel hurt when they dont make it out of the group stages :lol:

Soccer fans from other countries are jackasses. All this violence and then the stupidest of the group try saying that's passion? No, that's just being a bunch of idiots. The United States has just as much pride in their sports as foreign fans do, and we dominate nearly every other important sport. The only sports that we don't dominate or at least compete very well in are Soccer, Cricket and Rugby.

Soccer fans from other countries are jackasses. All this violence and then the stupidest of the group try saying that's passion? No, that's just being a bunch of idiots. The United States has just as much pride in their sports as foreign fans do, and we dominate nearly every other important sport. The only sports that we don't dominate or at least compete very well in are Soccer, Cricket and Rugby.

If American fans have pride in their sports as the other fans then why are your home games essentially away games in your OWN country? You and I both know if you went anywhere else on earth and pulled what mexican,Costa rican, or even honduran fans pull in your stadiums you would be beat. It has nothing to do with being a jerk, and everything to do with americans not holding down the fort.

Mexican fans boo our national anthem in your own country and nothing, NADA, was done. Americans sat there with forced smiles on their face acting like they were laughing.... :lol:. The french are suppose to be cowards, but look what happened when their arabs booed the french national anthem. Sarkozy and the FFF shut that #### down with the quickness, and they have not had that problem since then.

The most supportive I have seen US fans was when they were doing that "Get well Davies" thing after his car wreck, and they still never really showed him love when he put it all out there on the pitch in south africa last summer.

I mean seriously...what nation, that finishes number 1 in their region during qualifying, cant even get their own citizens to support them? As a US soccer fan you should know your team does pretty darn well despite having 0 support from their country, and senior nepotism as a coach.

At least in other countries you can see they care. American fans dont show up, yet they will complain when their nation does crap during the world cup(2006 was a perfect example of this)

that is perhaps one of the most ignorant statements I have heard. That's like taking a select few muslim terrorists and generalizing for the whole of Islam. Yes there is violence in the game but its not as prevalent as you think or the media may have you think. I have been to plenty of games away from home, including games in Germany, Spain, and Russia which are probably the most hostile environments and I haven't had a big problem. Also as far as dominating every other important sport, I don't know about that. Aside from basketball I can't really pin point another TEAM sport that the US does well in, even in baseball you lot are overshadowed by the Japanese. As far as importance goes. Football and Cricket is the most watched and the US is a decent team at best in Football and well cricket is just a crock of **** in the US. The third is basketball where you guys dominate and than followed by Baseball, rugby, and field hockey. Out of the top 6 you guys dominate 1, are very competitive in one, and are decent at best in 1. So I don't know about dominating every other "important" sport.... I must say though the US has the best athletes in the world and in individual accolades no one comes close....

that is perhaps one of the most ignorant statements I have heard. That's like taking a select few muslim terrorists and generalizing for the whole of Islam. Yes there is violence in the game but its not as prevalent as you think or the media may have you think. I have been to plenty of games away from home, including games in Germany, Spain, and Russia which are probably the most hostile environments and I haven't had a big problem. Also as far as dominating every other important sport, I don't know about that. Aside from basketball I can't really pin point another TEAM sport that the US does well in, even in baseball you lot are overshadowed by the Japanese. As far as importance goes. Football and Cricket is the most watched and the US is a decent team at best in Football and well cricket is just a crock of **** in the US. The third is basketball where you guys dominate and than followed by Baseball, rugby, and field hockey. Out of the top 6 you guys dominate 1, are very competitive in one, and are decent at best in 1. So I don't know about dominating every other "important" sport.... I must say though the US has the best athletes in the world and in individual accolades no one comes close....

+1

The myth that americans dominate sports is the biggest lie ever told.

Not Soccer

Not baseball

Not Tennis

Not Volleyball

Not Hockey

Not Cricket

Only reason they have more Olympic medals than anybody else is because they have more people, and were always allowed to comepte.