who had a better defense us or them?

WARIIRI

one saints fan said

The Falclowns will be lucky to win 9 games, seriously. I mean what Defense do they have now? so what they signed Robinson, saftey still an issue.

last i remember the safety position was one of strongest positions even though coleman was average in pass coverage ..they seriously think theyre 25th rated defense is better then ours talk about being delusional..theyre allready crowning jabari greer the next dion..stupid aints fans

one saints fan said

last i remember the safety position was one of strongest positions even though coleman was average in pass coverage ..they seriously think theyre 25th rated defense is better then ours talk about being delusional..theyre allready crowning jabari greer the next dion..stupid aints fans

Who cares..

your offense was what around 20th?

You had injuries right?

Little hint we had 8 starters missing from the defense many of games.

Point being that with our injury riddled seasons sure caused our defense and your offense to not be spectacular.

Only diff is , the Falcons will continue to be not spectacular next year . I wonder where the blame will go then.

Oh yea " BENCH NOODLE ARM , FIRE SMITH , TD's HAIR IS _ _ _"

A Sucaneer fan talking ish. Now that is funny. :lol: At least the Taints heads have a good reason to strut. You're stuck with Radio at the helm. :lol:

MattRyanBESTever

Junior Falcon

Group:

Forum Members Posts:

263 Joined:

29-November 09 Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

Quite frankly , being the fan of the bucs ( a 1-9 team ) , I am appalled we are still tied to your failcons . Sure we're bad , but hey we were expected to be . But your team , with the great MATTY ICE!!!!!!!!!! Were supposed to be contenders . The game isn't over and my Bucs can very well still end up losing , but either way your team is showing its suckitude pretty nicely .

Hey atleast Redman looks good , because MATTY ICE!!!!!!!!! has thawed for good . Your future looks grim failcons. Oh and our 250 lbs Qb just danced around your defender as I wrote this .

EAT IT

I love you guys .... enjoy the game.

Who cares..

your offense was what around 20th?

You had injuries right?

Little hint we had 8 starters missing from the defense many of games.

Point being that with our injury riddled seasons sure caused our defense and your offense to not be spectacular.

who cares? aints fans obviously lol

we had key injuries on both side of the ball..not just the defense and im talking season ending injuries..lost our starting QB and RB late in the season when we really needed them..with all them injuries our offense was rated somewhere in the teens and not the 20's and with mostly first year starters in our secondary our defense was rated higher then yalls defense..just watch and see what the dirty birds can do to yall without all those injuries..cant wait for the season to start.

who cares? aints fans obviously lol

we had key injuries on both side of the ball..not just the defense and im talking season ending injuries..lost our starting QB and RB late in the season when we really needed them..with all them injuries our offense was rated somewhere in the teens and not the 20's and with mostly first year starters in our secondary our defense was rated higher then yalls defense..just watch and see what the dirty birds can do to yall without all those injuries..cant wait for the season to start.

Yeh coulda, shoulda, woulda....

congrats you had injuries that happens to every team. We lost both starting corners, both starting DT's, 2 RB's for different games, Fujita for a couple games. Heck we ended up finishing the season with a 3rd string NT.

Bottom line we were top 10 through week 7, then the injury bug hit. Since we are on this topic, you are going to preach that the players you drafted, the ones that were hurt who never seen a real game against a defense that won a sb last yr?

Hey man strong words hope you are right and give us some competition this year, good luck.

congrats you had injuries that happens to every team. We lost both starting corners, both starting DT's, 2 RB's for different games, Fujita for a couple games. Heck we ended up finishing the season with a 3rd string NT.

Bottom line we were top 10 through week 7, then the injury bug hit. Since we are on this topic, you are going to preach that the players you drafted, the ones that were hurt who never seen a real game against a defense that won a sb last yr?

Hey man strong words hope you are right and give us some competition this year, good luck.

So basically what you're saying is, your injuries were acceptable for your defense's low rank; yet our injuries weren't acceptable for our low offensive rank? Gotcha! Should coulda woulda right?

A Sucaneer fan talking ish. Now that is funny. :lol: At least the Taints heads have a good reason to strut. You're stuck with Radio at the helm. :lol:

MattRyanBESTever

Junior Falcon

Group:

Forum Members Posts:

263 Joined:

29-November 09 Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

Quite frankly , being the fan of the bucs ( a 1-9 team ) , I am appalled we are still tied to your failcons . Sure we're bad , but hey we were expected to be . But your team , with the great MATTY ICE!!!!!!!!!! Were supposed to be contenders . The game isn't over and my Bucs can very well still end up losing , but either way your team is showing its suckitude pretty nicely .

Hey atleast Redman looks good , because MATTY ICE!!!!!!!!! has thawed for good . Your future looks grim failcons. Oh and our 250 lbs Qb just danced around your defender as I wrote this .

EAT IT

I love you guys .... enjoy the game.

As the best Buccaneer players get older (Barber) and leave the team (Brooks), and the younger players either dont improve (Sears) or actually decline (Clayton), thier best players leave to play elsewhere (Bryant, Sapp), and thier owners' sons continue to run the team into the ground (sound familar?) hiring inexpensive coaches and gutting thier scouting department, the Bucs record will continue to stagnate.

Then posts like this Bucs fan will become a thing of the past, and the Falcons beating the Bucs will become as routine as the butt whipping Atlanta put on Buffalo last year.

Edited by egoprime II

So basically what you're saying is, your injuries were acceptable for your defense's low rank; yet our injuries weren't acceptable for our low offensive rank? Gotcha! Should coulda woulda right?

Weird because if you would scroll up and read, you would see I said nothing like that.

What happened man you buy an off brand of intellegence or something?

As the best Buccaneer players get older (Barber) and leave the team (Brooks), and the younger players either dont improve (Sears) or actually decline (Clayton), thier best players leave to play elsewhere (Bryant, Sapp), and thier owners' sons continue to run the team into the ground (sound familar?) hiring inexpensive coaches and gutting thier scouting department, the Bucs record with continue to stagnate.

Then posts like this Bucs fan will become a thing of the past, and the Falcons beating the Bucs will become as routine as the butt whipping Atlanta put on Buffalo last year.

Post of the year or at least the offseason IMO. :lol:

one saints fan said

Saint Offense made their Defense better, but I am not convinced they will be able to get all the turnovers this year. Will Sharper be that good this year?

If the Falcons can convert on 3rd Down, the Defense will look significantly better!

Saint Offense made their Defense better, but I am not convinced they will be able to get all the turnovers this year. Will Sharper be that good this year?

If the Falcons can convert on 3rd Down, the Defense will look significantly better!

We weren't too bad in 3rd down conversions. Our D was horrendous though, think we were last in the league.

The Saints D is oppertunistic. If they didn't keep forcing turn-overs, I would say we had the better defense last year. Not taking anything away from them though.

Our D though, when it hits its groove, is simply shut down. One thing we did very well is shut down the run, and when we did that and started getting pressure, it just got nasty. We were just hot and cold last year, one minute we were the Ravens and the next minute we were a defense that stopped playing when the ball went through the air.

Miami? Jets? Buffalo? Early Redskins? 49ers? Bucs 2?

I'll give it to the Saints...for now. Their offense put their defense in great position to make plays and you can't knock them for taking advantage of those opportunities. I'm sure, almost positive, that we'll see a different Falcon defense this year. This will be their third year in Smitty's system, so now it's more about limiting the mental errors, plus we've added two huge pieces to help us in pass coverage in Robinson and Spoon, then on top of that, we also are deep at positions that hurt us last year when injuries hit with additions like Peters and Franks. The Saints can have it for now, but it would behoove them to think this defense won't be any better than '09...it wasn't like the Saints' offense had their way with them last year either.

I would say that the saints ability to be able to pressure the QB gave them the advantage last year. Maybe not alot of sacks but the pressure disrupts. They also were good at creating turn overs. They were far better than I believed they would be going into the year. I didn't see any superstar on their D. I think it was solid guys with good chemistry. The Falcons have been creating a D that can be far better than last year, with some of that disruption they will become very good, and with a strong foundation.

eh, their D reminds me of the Bengals back in the day, when Palmer got injured in his first playoff play...make a lot of interceptions, but they never could actually break down an offense and impose their will. i think we have the better defense next year.

If the Falcons don't get a pass rush this year, then the defense is still going to struggle. If they do, they could be pretty good.

I don't know about the Saints this year, but I thought thier defense was clearly better than the Falcons last year. They gave up many points and yards in "gargage time" of games they were way ahead, so the fact they gave up a few more yards and 1 more point per game than the Falcons isn't really that relevant in my opinion.

Also, you just can't ignore the number of turnovers that defense produced or the astonishing number of TDs they scored.

What kind of question is this? It should be apparent to anyone who watched the games last year that the Saints defense was better. We had a bunch of young guys that really looked lost, out of position, and just got plain beat with big plays all season long. The secondary didn't really get better until the end of the season. We still had issues on the defense besides the secondary; Dline had very little pass rush, and our LBs couldn't pass cover. The off season moves makes us to appear to be a little better on paper at least. We won't know how any of this will turn out until we see their play on the field.

I think we did give yall competition. Even though most people don't look at it this way, those two games that we played yall could have gave us the division.

Example:

Falcons 2009 record-9-7; If we would have won those two close games against the saints-11-5

Saints 2009 record 13-3; If they would have lose those two close games-11-5

Both teams would've had identical records but the Falcons would've held the tiebreaker.

In this case the race for division was not as far away as some would like to think

This is a difficult analysis to make either way.

And what is the real measuring stick for a good/great defense in today's NFL? Is it total yards, % of times off the field on 3rd down, total points allowed, points scored off turnovers?

In today's NFL, the offense is ruling the game. The defense's job is to bend and not break, but get the ball back to your offense. Witness the Colts, Saints, Vikings and other playoff teams of last year. Teams that led with defense such as the Jets and Ravens didn't make the impact they'd hoped for. And this new way is a departure from years ago when defense was the rage of the game.

Teams listed below with their offensive rank first and defensive rank second, all in the 2009 playoffs:

Saints - NFC

1 - 25

Dallas - NFC

2 - 9

Green Bay - NFC

6 - 2

Arizona - NFC

14 - 20

Vikings - NFC

6 - 5

Eagles - NFC

11 - 12

Colts - AFC

9 - 18

Patriots - AFC

3 - 11

Ravens - AFC

13 - 3

Bengals - AFC

4 - 24

Jets - AFC

20 - 1

Chargers - AFC

10 - 16

Notice the teams with the strong defense didn't win it all. The teams with the best balance didn't win it all. The teams with the strong offenses advanced despite weaker defenses.

Consider the Saints / Cards playoff game. Arizona comes into the game ranked #20 in defense and the Saints hang 45 points on them inside the first 38 minutes of the game, never even scoring in the 4th quarter. So much for the better defensive ranking.

In the end, you can't draw a conclusion for statistics because it is the team that plays like a team and has the guts to never give up that normally wins the biggest game of the year.

So for my money, give me a high flying, explosive offense and a defense that can get the ball back without giving up big points and I'll see you in the playoffs.

Edited by SaintRay

one saints fan said

THERE ARE 32 TEAMS IN THE NFL .... THE SAINTS FANS ARE WORRIED ABOUT ONLY ONE.

YOU GOT IT ...... ATLANTA! THESE GUYS DO THERE DARNEDEST TO GET

OUR ATTENTION, AND APPROVAL. THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL, AND THEY'RE STILL TRYING TO

CONVINCE US THAT THEY WON IT. KIND OF PITIFUL AIN'T IT. THIS YEAR THEY REALLY

GOT SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS. 6 GAMES INTO THE SEASON ....

YOU'LL BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND A SAINT POSTING OVER HERE.

If the Falcons don't get a pass rush this year, then the defense is still going to struggle. If they do, they could be pretty good.

I don't know about the Saints this year, but I thought thier defense was clearly better than the Falcons last year. They gave up many points and yards in "gargage time" of games they were way ahead, so the fact they gave up a few more yards and 1 more point per game than the Falcons isn't really that relevant in my opinion.

Also, you just can't ignore the number of turnovers that defense produced or the astonishing number of TDs they scored.

Here is the thing about the Saints defense. Did they get more than thier fair share of lucky bounces/turnovers, or were they that good? I saw the pick Jabeer (I think thats his name) got covering White, Vilma blatantly knocked White down way downfield. Yet the refs missed the call big time, and the CB scored a TD.

No, I am not crying over it. I am saying...if the Saints are hoping for that kind of thing this year to keep thier team competitive, then the Saints and thier fans are in for a rude awakening. Turnovers come in streaks, and are highly inconsistent from year to year. We will see what happens.